Ladd Institute

Started by Sarge, March 26, 2004, 03:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
This is probably general knowledge among most of you, but what is the situation with the Joseph P. Ladd Institute off of Route 2? Some of my freinds have been in several of the buildings, and I've only driven across the property.  I've heard it's a very high risk area.  No one quite knows what the deal is there, so any info is appreciated; it's right around the corner from me.

Stay away, there was alot of Q and A about it here last year and then a story broke on channel 10 how groups of 30+ highschool kids were wandering around and they shut it down with the State police pulling detail shifts on a regular basis, not worth the risk there are plenty of other places where you won't be likely to get arrested.  
Don't worry, if you die....We'll make it.

April 22, 2004, 02:45:35 AM #2 Last Edit: April 22, 2004, 02:50:08 AM by Agent51
Yeah dude, I had been hearing of this "Fucked up abandoned mental hospital/school" from everyone around here for awhile but it took forever to find the name and location since NOBODY seemed to know anything besides the fact that there was an abandoned place.  I JUST did last friday and went to check it out.  We went around a corner and all the sudden were surrounded by three cars with these HUGE guys in em that were basically like "get the fuck out of here or we will destroy you" (they just worded it a LITTLE nicer).  I was wicked dissappointed because I had explored all the places I knew or heard about around here (Newport, RI) and this was the last place I knew of to try and I couldn't even get in, so I thought my UEing was over, but then I found this site so now my hopes are restored.  Anyone know of any other sites that have to do with abandoned/haunted/scary/creepy places in RI or southern Mass?  I found this one: http://www.artinruins.com/arch/rip/laddschool/index.php (that link is for the Ladd Center from when I was researching it, but if you use the menu on the left there are TONS of other places listed).  That one just kinda lists places and has some pictures and maybe a brief history but I am looking for a site (like this one) that maybe has like the story to go with the place, haunting stories or just history of the place, along with pics and stuff.  Thanks for the help, sucks about the Ladd School, just goes to show that one person (or 30, lol) can ruin it for everyone.
"Now you may ask why, why such a blue sky, of all the colors on a pallette that you might try" - Pennywise

Welcome to the site!  There's some great sites out there.  Here's one on RI that I recently found:
http://www.geocities.com/ne_anomaly/rhodei...rhodeisland.htm
Explore, Archive, Share