An abandoned tour...Part Deux

Started by MovingUnit, November 23, 2004, 11:18:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Here's the final installment of pictures from that abandoned neighborhood/mill from my last post.

A couple of strange things happened when I was there yesterday.  I was finishing up taking pictures and was standing outside the building in the last picture.  I had just been inside it for at least an hour (it's huge - about as long as a football field and three stories tall), when from inside, on either the second or third story, I heard the sound of a door slowly creaking open for like 6-7 seconds.  I didn't think too much of it at first because it was a little bit windy, but then I heard slow, loud footsteps.  

THUMP *pause* THUMP *pause* THUMP...

I got scared shitless because I was by myself and ran like a bat out of hell.  Probably a homeless person or maybe my mind was playing tricks on me, who the hell knows.

A couple hours earlier, I was in the building in the second picture, when I heard a car pull up and people walking around outside.  The only exit was from where the sounds came from so I jumped behind a washing machine and listened.  The footsteps continued around the building for about twenty seconds or so and then just stopped.  I waited a couple minutes until I thought the coast was clear and went outside, and of course, there was nobody, no footprints, no car tire tracks.

Again, probably just my mind playing tricks on me, but god this is why I love exploring lol.

Again--cool pics!
Mind playing tricks on you again? :P  

definitely nice pics, i like the 2nd one

the lighting's really nice in all of them

and that story is pretty freaky.