Dever warning

Started by Rally19, September 19, 2004, 01:25:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
My buddy and i went to dever tonight, and it just didnt feel right.  There were A LOT of lights on in buildings where there are never lights on (we go more than once a week so we werent just seeing things) We also heard a generator or something like that down the road that the security building is on, with lights on in the building that is still used that we could see through the woods.  Then there were 4 cars at teh security trailer, and it was too early for shift change, as well as a cop car that pulled up for a bit.  Then security went out for a patrol at 1/4 past the hour which they NEVER do.  Its always on the hour or on the half hour, unless they know you are in there (which they didnt with us)  So i dont know whats up.  But  if you visit keep a keen eye out, we left early because it was to much of a risk with not being able to hear cars with all the wind blowing.

So be safe compadres, or at least wait til monday to hit dever if you go, i'd keep away this weekend.

I have spoken to people from an organization that said forums are sometimes used to track activity. I think militarynut will back me up that security organizations probably do the same.
I do not represent the opinion of the administrators of this forum but be careful of how much detail you give out in the open. Why give them any reason to increase security?
Abandoned locations can hide but they can't run

I took a quick trip by this afternoon and there was a huge amount of people there......red cones outside blocking the entrance and about 10 cars near the guard shack!!!!! :o  

day time isnt the best time to go.  Parts of Dever are still in use.  If you look on the map i put up in the other thread you will see they use one of the buildings as a redemtion center, (the bottle return kinda thing) I went there during the day once and there were 5 state trooper cars parked infront of the CERC building.

that could have somthing to do with street racing, i heard that people used to street race someware near dever (it could be in the grounds for all i know) but i think someone died/got hurt racing around that area, so that might have somthing to do with it

thats in the Myles standish industrial park i'm one of those street racers :)  but anyway i havent hit that spot since last year.  BUT its in no way connected to Dever.  Most i have ever seen is a camaro fly into dever  through the front entrace, then the sound of squealing tires a min later

its obvious dever has become a well known spot for urban explorers. this as well as other sites have made it a playground.  i walk up in there at lunch time and see kids in and out of the place all the time. i know three of the security officers personaly and they have told me that they are considering adding an extra patrol because of increased activity. and as andrew pointed out they share info with other security companys for the purposes of tracking.

being still state owned grounds the  chances are you saw some sort of state action. they still do training there for dept of correction tact teams as well as bristol county/state police drills. when i was a dept employee i on a few occasions was at dever as pert of a responce team to a crises, which involves hostage negotiation as well as building assault. its almost funny how the buildings at dever and some of the doc faculitys are the same. they conduct those pretty much monthly sometimes at dever sometimes at the old medfield st hospital grounds where the old doc training center is located.

rally you dumb ass stop drag racing down john hancock road, my bosses want me to call the police on you guys when you guys do that. lol dont worry i never have, just let the perkins trucks bye and you will never have a problem with me.  i have a killer camera on the front of my building that lests me watch all the action. but i never record it no dont sweat it. hope no one gets hurt, we had a fatulity a few weeks back.

nut
history is always eroding

September 20, 2004, 12:37:24 PM #7 Last Edit: September 20, 2004, 12:40:12 PM by Skully
Part of the beauty of Dever was that it, for the most part, was untouched.  It would be pretty shitty if this board and others like it contributed to the attraction and drew uncareful visitors to the location.

Now, I'm not saying that anyone here would do such a thing.  Almost everyone here on the forum has been very cool as far as sharing.  Many folks have sent us emails saying things like, "hey, do you know about X place?".  This is what's it's all about.  It's the lurkers that I'm skeptical of, taking the info and going to the location.  If they get caught by security they could easily cause trouble for the Bunkers.

There are two main opinions of webmasters in the UE world regarding the release of infomation:

1) Share the wealth of information
2) Disguise the names of the locations and never tell.

You'll see us do a combination of both.  While we don't always openly release the location information, we do give you enough crumbs to find the place with a little Googling know-how.  If we find something that NOBODY else knows about, like a crashed UFO or underground slave tunnels then we may tease you for a little bit before leaking some info.  A little anticipation is a good thing, right?

Militarynut, what recommendations can you think up for people visiting these locations?  Granted, security will never open the doors to explorations (hell, they'd get fired) but what recommendations can we share to make things easier for these security folks since many of them may have similar interests as us?

The second point of thought would be regarding this forum.  Maybe we should have ONE locked forum category just for sesitive information that Dakiel and I can open up to forum members that have contributed to the community?  All of you posting in this thread would be eligible thus far.  Comments?
Explore, Archive, Share

September 20, 2004, 03:25:56 PM #8 Last Edit: September 20, 2004, 03:26:44 PM by Rally19
i was gonna bring up the same idea the other day but i figured you guys woulda already had a forum like that.  It would also let us share details of points of entry and such and the best routes to take to avoid confrontation

Also, thanks for not calling on us nut :) My friends and I are always very respectful of the truckers and any traffic going up and down the road.  The truckers are all very cool so the least we can do is be curtieous to them, i mean besides the fact that if they hit us we'd be in a million peices lol.  Normally when we race we have people with nextels at the finish and the start to let us know if traiffic is coming.  If it is we stop and pull to the side.  Only assholes run people off the road, sadly i've seen taht before.

Quotethats in the Myles standish industrial park i'm one of those street racers :)  but anyway i havent hit that spot since last year.  BUT its in no way connected to Dever.  Most i have ever seen is a camaro fly into dever  through the front entrace, then the sound of squealing tires a min later
The cops are cracking down on the drag racing in Myles Standish Ind park! :lol:  

see i knew they raced somewhere around that area

as for some locked forums, im all for that

I like the locked forum idea also .

Um, I do other boards, tho not as cool as this one :P

Locked forums have my vote.
I wouldn't intentionally give an address out.
Maybe if the admin of this board could fix it as you have to be a member in order to read these boards?
Just a suggestion.

Pssssssst.................................who wanted to take me to Dever?..........I'll pass.

lol i said i would.  I went last night everything is back to normal :)

I take FULL responsibiltiy for ruining Dever, Abandonspaces was the first site to put up Dever . Next thing you know 10 million people stormed the places and now it has guards.

Chalk one up for Joe at LTV, Naming locations is stupid

too bad...normal sucks !

Was that a plug? Shame on you. :D  
Abandoned locations can hide but they can't run

Ok does anyone have any info or pics on this Dever thing, being it is only 40 or so minutes away from danvers, im seriously  thinking about checking it out. I still didnt get any Danvers help guys come on! I dont want to be lost in Mass!!

I can help you with Dever and Danvers, but not on a forum

Email me

danversstatehospital@yahoo.com

QuoteOk does anyone have any info or pics on this Dever thing, being it is only 40 or so minutes away from danvers, im seriously  thinking about checking it out. I still didnt get any Danvers help guys come on! I dont want to be lost in Mass!!
there is another thread in here on Dever with satalite photos.  Its pretty cool, approx 28 buildings on a large plot of land.  Has tunnels, a morgue the works.

September 23, 2004, 04:13:11 PM #21 Last Edit: September 23, 2004, 04:14:17 PM by cobalt
My Webpage
i have some pics of the Operating room, xray room, sterelazation room and some other good stuff on my sight if your interested    

ps. is the locked forum thing going to happen?

QuoteI can help you with Dever and Danvers, but not on a forum

Email me

danversstatehospital@yahoo.com
I already did Mike..i dont do things like that on a forum either... and i am gonna have to dig back in around here see what i have been missing ...and where the hell is Dakiel? he didnt even come back to say hi damn him!  

QuoteMy Webpage
i have some pics of the Operating room, xray room, sterelazation room and some other good stuff on my sight if your interested    

ps. is the locked forum thing going to happen?
Cool thanks i will check it out tonight... and thanks to everyone else for their help too, i think this is gonna be a KICK ASS trip!!!

Hi B)  
Don't worry, if you die....We'll make it.

waves....i knew you were hiding out somewhere.... :ph43r:  

has anybody evr been to marlboro mental hospital in nj
that place is a great place to visit. please check it out if you are interested don't destroy anything please

Quotehas anybody evr been to marlboro mental hospital in nj
that place is a great place to visit. please check it out if you are interested don't destroy anything please
:blink:

I just love it when people don't register.

"Don't destroy anything please."
AS IF.

November 30, 2004, 01:40:18 PM #28 Last Edit: November 30, 2004, 01:41:22 PM by metalwitch
:ph43r:  

There are plenty of other places (abandoned buildings, complexes, railroad tracks, railroad right of ways, etc.) in Taunton (and adjacent parts of Raynham) to explore besides Dever.  Truth betold, I've never actually hit Dever.  I understand it is an interesting place to go to.  My cousin who lived in Taunton up until a couple of years ago (and who I occasionally explore with) told me next time we are both in Taunton we'll go there, he has been there and told me it's one of the best abandoned or partially abandoned sites he's been to.  He also warned me that security in the area is somewhat heavy.  I was in Taunton visiting my Grandma for a few days last week and I hit some more familiar spots.  I wish I had more time, there are plenty of places I would have liked going to.  

I took about 200 pictures of the abandoned complex at the end of the railroad tracks near Dean Street.  Most of the pictures are from the inside, but I also got pictures of the outside and the surrounding area.  I'm sure anybody familiar with Taunton knows this area, and I've been checking out that place since I was around 14.  After this last time, though, I would strongly recommend you stay away from the building.  Since I've been going there, parts of the roof had been collapsed, but this time, so much of the roof was collapsed since the last time I was there that it can't be very safe in there.  At the rate in which it's deteriorating, I didn't really feel as safe there as I had in the past.  I also got about 15 pics of an abandoned couple of buildings near an abandoned set of railroad tracks behind Paul Bunker.  If for some reason anybody wants these pictures, you can e-mail me at dudemcrude@yahoo.com , I can zip them up after I edit them.