Old Mill....South of Boston

Started by RMotta, September 17, 2004, 12:53:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
There is an old Mill South of boston . It has a bunch of old buildings. I use to work there when they converted it to part of a mall ....that has sence closed. I know where the entrance is to 2 tunnels and i also know that there is more to be found. When they were digging in the parking lot one afternoon the dug through the cieling  of one of them. Anyone interested in checking this out  PM Me or respond here. :P  

Yeah you've definitely got me interested as well.

I havent been over there in a while, I will take a walk over tomorrow and check things out. I can walk there from my house through the woods. It was an old rope factory from around 1890 and was closed sometime around 1960s or 70s. I have a few books that detail the buildings and some of the tunnels. I do remember going into one tunnel a short way with one of the security guards and there was a small train still in one of them...... I want to go check out Devers but i cant figure out where it is ....someone give me directions please PM or E-mail them to me  

That does sound interesting.  We'll have to get the crew out there.  If anyone want to posts pix here in the meantime that's cool too.
Explore, Archive, Share

I will see if i can get over there today and snap a few pics.  Check back soon ;)  

QuoteI havent been over there in a while, I will take a walk over tomorrow and check things out. I can walk there from my house through the woods. It was an old rope factory from around 1890 and was closed sometime around 1960s or 70s. I have a few books that detail the buildings and some of the tunnels. I do remember going into one tunnel a short way with one of the security guards and there was a small train still in one of them...... I want to go check out Devers but i cant figure out where it is ....someone give me directions please PM or E-mail them to me
Hey, is that cortage park in plymouth that you're talking about by any chance?

Quotei Have pics how do i post?????
There should be a field called "File Attachments" when you post a reply in this thread.  Just upload a pix.  There's no way to upload more than one at a time so you'll have to keep replying to add more pics.
Explore, Archive, Share

I still cant get it to upload....any ideas????

September 20, 2004, 09:51:17 PM #11 Last Edit: September 20, 2004, 09:52:48 PM by spacemonkey684
Try this to post your images:

Go to http://www.imageshack.us - You can host as many images as you'd like there.  Just hit browse and upload the images straight from your computer.  Once the image is uploaded, it'll give you an address in the first line that will look like this:

[IMG]http://blahbliggityblah.com/yourimagenamehere[IMG]

Now, one picture at a time, upload them and copy and paste the address into your post here, and hopefully it works.

Can anyone else test the new new upload feature?
Explore, Archive, Share

QuoteCan anyone else test the new new upload feature?
I haven't had  a need to try it yet.

QuoteCan anyone else test the new new upload feature?
I haven't had  a need to try it yet.
:angry:
forgot to log in.

Someone's got to have a pic to upload!
Explore, Archive, Share

Testing...took these yesterday...

Ok it worked.  Just use the method I posted earlier and you can place multiple images in one post.

Thanks for the images.  It is a good way adding images.  It just takes a couple extra steps.  Can you test the built-in upload feature to make sure it works?  
Explore, Archive, Share

September 21, 2004, 05:49:42 PM #19 Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 09:38:24 PM by skully
Testing built-in upload feature...

Cool, I didn't expect it to work.

So I guess there's two options for you to post images here.  If you have multiple images you'd like to show off and don't mind a couple extra steps, use the first method.  Or, if you just have one pic you'd like to show, in one easy step just upload it from your computer.

QuoteTesting...took these yesterday...

Where were those pics taken?
The 3rd one down is beautiful, at least I think so.
What is the little building?

Thanks.   :D   I've got a few others I took that day that turned our pretty well if anyone wants to see them.

It's just a little historical cemetary down in my part of RI, if you'd ever like to visit it I could PM the directions.  

As far as I can guess, the little two-story building was once a crematorium.  I ventured into its mini-basement and found a furnace-like device.  Then I found an open tomb that goes thirty feet or so underground - no skeletons to be found though, just a bunch of beer cans, a coffin lid, and creepy-ass atmosphere.

I believe the Insanbunkers guys were here and have pictures up on the site as well.

Quotewhat town is this in?
I think space monkey is from southern RI.

Quotewhat town is this in?
I think space monkey is from southern RI.
Yup, southern Rhodie, born and raised.

The cemetary's in the town over from me, Hope Valley...otherwise known as Hopeless Valley by the locals.

Metalwitch, I think it was you who told me to go to Swan Point cemetary.  Thanks - that place is AMAZING.

Metalwitch, I think it was you who told me to go to Swan Point cemetary.  Thanks - that place is AMAZING.
Glad you were finally able to go!   Any pics yet?
Place is big, I have gotten lost many times on those winding roads.
The place should be a museum for head stones.

FYI-for those that don't know, SWAN POINT is a historical cemetary on Providence's East Side.
HP Lovecraft is buried there. Some of the head stones could be considered work of art.
Check it out if you can.

MW

I spent three hours wandering around that place, and I still don't think I saw everything.

My camera was unfortunately malfunctioning that day, but I did get to snap off a few nice pictures, and since I'm such a photo whore, here they are:

QuoteI spent three hours wandering around that place, and I still don't think I saw everything.

My camera was unfortunately malfunctioning that day, but I did get to snap off a few nice pictures, and since I'm such a photo whore, here they are:

WOW!
VERY NICE!