Man I Hate Vandals

Started by urbanexploration25, August 08, 2004, 03:39:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hello all i writing because i love Urban Exploration it is like reliving the past i spend time on the internet looking at pictures and on thing pisses me off VANDALS !!OOOOOOOOOOO I HATE VANDALS ! you know those punks kids breaking windows and spray painting stupid stuff like " Satan Rules or Slayer  or My Favorite "Legalize It"  I Hate when i do an exploration and and i see something that could be used for historical photografical purpopes and it is either broken or written. Or it sickens me to look at a picture and the and everything is covered with graffiti. Example My favorite place in the whole world DANVERS! RUINED BY VANDALS. Come on people RESPECT THE PAST you would not like it if i broke into your house and ransaked it would you ? So i am telling you RIGHT NOW admire don't destroy !     SO IF YOU FEEL LIKE I DO I HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU !

I agree with you!!!! When I see what people have done to Danvers it makes me sick. The reason people who want to actually see the place for artisitic reasons can't is because of idiots like that. A friend of mine went "tagging" at the Norwich State Hospital last week and I was so pissed at her. Have some respect for the past!!!
Kristin

i hear that really its like these people have nothing to do all day so they go and wreck these beautiful buildings that are a piece of history. And i agree when you say that it ruins the pictures becuase i was taking pictures and all of them came out great except for the one with graffiti on it. Another thing that whoomps is when little vandels go out and burn the buildings which happened to a hospital that me and my team where doing. Little bastards

It is frustrating. The more a location is vandalized the less it will be appreciated.
I don't understand what the thrill is. Why go through all the effort of getting there, avoiding security and then not even enjoy where you are. It's because of these people that it is so difficult for legitimate explores to enjoy a place that otherwise nobody would care about.

When I am there I think about how the property was laid out, what it took to construct, what it was like in full operation, what might have gone on there (good or bad). I look and listen, if I am lucky it might  reveal some of the past.
But when I am done I have left no trace. The next explorer can have there own experience from the same starting point that I did.

This forum has shown that there are a lot more of us than there is of them.  
Abandoned locations can hide but they can't run

andrew put it the best on the appreciation value of a site being diminished because of vandels and unwanted destruction, tagging included. i cant stand it, thats why when a nice area is discovered its hard to even want to reveal it to other explorers that you dont know. while most have the intention of veiwing and enjoying the places we go to and talk about, there are others that feel destroying and tagging are a given rite when they visit. i see the hobby of exploring and adventuring to abandoned spaces a growing facination,we have seen the number of visitors to this and other forums grow. this means fewer and fewer places to enjoy without seeing the destruction and tagging. but there are those places we can enjoy still. today. i was able with a few members of this forum to see a place that i saw very little destruction and i didnt see a tag, not a one. i was pleased and tickled to find that atleast one place exists for now that i could see in a natural state. the only destruction was the weathering and neglect of being abandoned. as explores who love our hobby and take it fairly seriously we need to tell our friends and fellow explorers not to be dickheads by tagging and destroying things.

nut
history is always eroding

I have been given an opportunity that might allow me to actually make a difference.
I contacted a historical society in Mass. that is trying to save a location that I spend a lot of time at. They have been given a 24 hr. window and an all access pass to gather material for a big presentation to the state. Because of my photographic experience and knowledge of the layout they have agreed to let me take all of the pictures. (and believe me I will spend all 24 hrs. there) The contribution would be small but it is exciting just the same.

I'm sure you all know this crap already
but I'm just going over it again to make it clear

from experience, I can tell you that the best way to protect your interests in any place you think is special is to use discretion. The truth is that people who tag and vandalize are a large portion of our exploration populas, and that they get as much as you give them. That means being smart about who you tell the location to, and being especially careful about who you take in (as they will now know your entrance). There have always been problems, but it has never been as out of control as it is now.
but
taking preventive measures before hand saves a lot of frustration. Posting the exact names of a location is also an issue

a 155 acre multi-complex asylum can be ruined in only a few months

if you find something special, and aren't careful you may learn just how

Why?!
What the fuck is wrong with these people!
It's pointless!
The only thing they are accomplishing is giving developers more ammo to get approval for taring these places down. (do we really need another fucking golf corse?)
I would not hesitate to expose myself to security or local cops to rat these these assholes out.
Locations that I visit are not safe for you, fucking idiots.

its is unfortunate that forums like this perpetuate the very thing we want to prevent. i have been guilty my self of revealing a location on occasion but for the most part if its a nice place to explore you want to share with others. so they can appreciate it as well. we are our own worst enemys some times when this happens.i want everyone to know of the spot so they can appreciate its as i do, but amoung our peers are morons. im sorry to say and those who are offended by this statement oh well but its the younger urban explorers that tend to be the vandels and taggers. its a fact. most are cool and appreciate the same things that the older explorers do but i remember that i was a kid once and in the back of my mind was the urge to leave a mark. to some thats destruction and tagging.

nut
history is always eroding

amen :ph34r:
When you go looking for ghosts in these places be sure to be a ghost leave no clues to your existence and dissapear into thin air!!!!

Urbanexplorer 2006

All true. I can't really take my daughter to a few of my favorite places because you literally cannot take one step without walking on broken bottles. Whoever owns these lands or is in charge of them don't want to risk people getting hurt so its things like this that keep them off limits.
get me an avocado, an ice pick, and my snorkel