weird thing aboot the MSFFM

Started by boris, February 17, 2004, 10:58:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
i was looking up info on that place on the internerd and i found some weird shit. first of all, the guy it was named after, dr. fernald was a huge supporter of eugenics and along with the whole movement, believed that anyone who was not of "good breeding stock" should be rendered infertile by whatever means. and anyone who was a little out there or different was lumped together with all the other "insane" people and there were actually groups out there trying to cut their johnsons off so they couldn't reproduce.  
there was actually a scientific survey that went through shutesbury MA supposedly collecting information (gossip in many cases) on the residents, from which they could tell if they were fit to breed or not.
also, at the school itself it was well documented that they fed non lethal doses of radiation to a lot of the kids to see it's impact on them.  i am curious as to whether it was acutally an attempt to make them infertile.
crazy shit.
also, according to all the sites i saw about that school it is still open. Romey is trying to close it as of mid 2004.
clearly in the photos it is closed. WTF?
unless of course that the pics of the mass school for the feeble minded are not the fernald school, but the other two.
there is one in western mass and one in wrentham/foxboro, as well as another one near met state. the one near met state is the fernald school.
uh, so yeah. just thought i'd share that.  

Thanks for posting,

not the same school, some locations we don't post so as to protect the integrity of the site, the Ladd center in RI was on here and eventualy made the local news causing the state police to be called in to patrol it. so no more exploration and local teens trashed the place. any site where an exact location is given is either so well known calling it something else is pointless or its mainly open to the public as in the cases of ft getty, ft wetherill, etc.  
Don't worry, if you die....We'll make it.

February 17, 2004, 08:04:28 PM #2 Last Edit: February 17, 2004, 08:04:55 PM by Skully
That's some sick stuff Boris.  It sounds like we may have to find that one.  

Eugenics, from my recollection, was Hitler's thing too.
Explore, Archive, Share

yeah eugenics was indeed hitler's gig as well. bad news.
so yeah, i can understand why you wouldn't want to let every stupid fucker on the internerd know where your spots are.
i read about the ladd school situation, that was a bad scene there. when i was looking up information on it i came across webring things where kids were making meeting places and explicit plans to meet and explore, like 15 or 20 in a group at a time.  struck me as pretty lame. then i found the news story on the cops busting about 38457589576967 kids there one night and then shutting it down for sure. it has since been demolished hasn't it?

Its still there but there is a lot of construction going on. i'm unsure what there doing with the site.  
Don't worry, if you die....We'll make it.

i know a responce to this is a little late but i can add a few things to the fernald st school. one of the inmates that i worked with at a state hospital i worked in for 15 years was one of a few still in line to collect a large sum of money from the radiation experements performed on them. he was more mentally retarded than mentally ill and stated the the drs who administered the non lethal doses of radiation did it for two reasons one was to make them fertile the other was to see if they could radiation to treat the violent outbursts that the mentally retarded were known for.
history is always eroding

interesting. that isn't what the state says the injections were for...they insist it was an experiment to see how long  radioactive calcium and iron took to be absorbed, and had no long term effect whatsoever on the patients.
of course, i guess they couldn't really be expected to say "uhhh yeah, we were experimenting on mentally ill children without their or their parents full consent, and without regard for their safety. hopefully they won't be able to reproduce."

you said the injection was to make them fertile,  did you mean to type infertile?

yep i meant in fertile. my bad. i spoke with an old friend who worked for paul dever st school. he said that when paull dever closed down that  there were about 7 patients there that had been part of those experiments. they were all severly retarded, and were all still in line for a hefty settlement for being used as guiena pigs for those experiments

nut

What's wrong with mental patients not breeding? The only way to REALLY help mental patients would be to stop making more mental patients.

The government has also done some wacky experiments on prison inmates, soldiers, and even kids in regular public schools!  

QuoteThe only way to REALLY help mental patients would be to stop making more mental patients.
I for one would love to know where you get your info from?

For one thing you "don't MAKE mental patients".
It is a sickness!

MW,

I left that one for you. I had a feeling you would feel that way. Well said.
Abandoned locations can hide but they can't run

I wouldn't exactly call that "well said", since it contained no actual evidence that my position is incorrect. It actually proved my point! You are correct, mental illness *is* a sickness, and that is the reason why when you go to a hospital they ask if you have a history of cancer or mental illness *in your family*.

This isn't the place for an arguement, which is all you will be able to do on this subject because you just don't know much about it, therefore can't have an intelligent debate, so please save your flames for private messages or emails.

"Just as eye or hair color are inherited, bipolar illness in most cases is inherited."
(www.mentalhealth.com)

"Example: schizophrenia:
1% incidence in general population
13% if 1 parent has the disorder
46% if both parents have the disorder "
(w3.ouhsc.edu ; University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center)

"Researchers have determined that many mental illnesses are probably the result of chemical imbalances in the brain. These imbalances may be inherited."
(www.nmha.org ; National Mental Health Association)

"A predisposition to schizophrenia and bipolar disorder can be inherited."
(www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au ; Better Health Channel)

"There is a statistical correlation between a family history of depression and the risk of developing depression."
(mentalhealthandillness.com)

I think the above references should get you started and point out that mental illness, like many other illnesses, can be transmitted through breeding, thus if you want to exterminate genes which are known to cause schizophrenia, a good starting point would be to limit the amount of children potentially born with the sickness. Please keep all arguements and flames private as this isn't an "open debate" forum.

November 02, 2004, 04:04:21 PM #12 Last Edit: November 02, 2004, 04:05:03 PM by Photohunter
To bad there is no cure for being an asshole.
Are there any other people you would choose to eliminate from society? You nazi fuck.
My wife is the daughter of a woman with severe mental illness. Her and her siblings do not have any signs of illness. Be careful who you suggest should not have been born.
This forum is not a place of insult and argument. why don't you take your bullshit somewhere else.
This will be the last response I give to your posts. I hope my fellow posters follow suit.

Perhaps if you wanted to take the proverbial 'high road' you shouldn't have posted such useless garbage to begin with? Really, does reality bother you so much that anyone who follows it's logic is considered an "asshole"? I didn't make mental illness, if you're a christian you can go blame your blameless all-knowing god . . if you're not then you shouldn't have such a problem with a little thing called 'survival of the fittest'. I don't believe that I've personally attacked anyone, nor have I used such colorful speech, but then again I at least have some idea of what I'm talking about so I don't need to resort to such things.

Hmmm....
Explore, Archive, Share

well someone is suffering from craniel rectosis. its nice you can read and insult people from that reading, i can if you care to, can point out your facts are incorrect. ive read other studies that say the total opposite. ive also worked with the mentally ill for the better part of 15 years and have read many extensive historys in which most mental illness dosent come from genetics. since we were talking about experements on the mentally retarded and not the mentally ill i fail to see the point. donna please take your pompous high winded attitude and kindly go else where

November 04, 2004, 01:15:47 AM #16 Last Edit: November 04, 2004, 01:16:45 AM by Rally19
i dont think i likey the new kid much... *pokes the new kid*  he seems quite egotistical

I agree.

Agreed as well.  I say we just ignore a certain person's posts from now on and wait silently for this person to hopefully be banned...

Enlighten me. It doesn't really matter, I merely posted to show that at least I have some understanding of the subject, rather than no idea at all and having to resort to obscene name calling. Any position can be proven if you decide to pick things apart. You can prove that day is night and night is day if you wanted to. Getting rid of a certain percentage of those carrying genes which cause certain mental illness is just a good start to removing such disease from our planet. Of course I didn't mean those who have problems due to drug use, accidents, etc., though I certainly would hope they also wouldn't breed since if they can't take care of themselves (as would be the case if they were in state custody) they certainly wouldn't be able to adequetly take care of children. Of course in a society where most children are bastards and a large percentage of the population couldn't survive without government assistance it's no big surprise that those types of people would swear they are model citizens and parents.

Go back to IUSSA.
We know who you are.
Your posts are clearly not welcome here.
You have your own forum. Why do you find the need to come here and agitate this one.
Wether the topics here are relevant or not doesn't matter. This forum has attracted a fun group of friendly people who enjoy relaxed conversation. Your mean spirited view points disrupt what is otherwise an enjoyable atmosphere.
Please discontinue posting here.

Well gee, Since my dad is in a asisted living at the age of 47 for many mental problems.
Such as (BTW I can't spell), bipolor, skistafrenia, ADD/ADHD.
My dad is a great guy, just can't take care of his diabeties Corectly.

I Geuss i shoud be marched off There too.
Dismembered and fed to the dogs.

Put me first in line bucko :angry:  

Sorry to hear that alexi.
I think most people know someone with a condition of some kind which is why donnabhain's statements are so ridiculous and insulting.

holy sh** andrew is that you? nice upgrade to team member, and a new name to boot. its obvious to me that this individual is seeking attention albeit the negative type. instead of being the friendly sort like everyone else. i hope this peson never has a break and i actually think he/she what ever it is suffers from grandiose delusions since they seem to speak down to everyone else. well i guess that puts them ahead of the line to not breed.  andrew please keep the great photos comming i enjoy your work

nut

Thanks bud. :D
You are definitely one of the people that make this forum.

aha thats who photohunter is... damn you whore, trying to confuse me like that  :huh:  

Yeah you got me.
I am the poster formally know as Andrew. :ph43r:  

I guess if you think reality is "mean spirited", then call it as you see it, I refuse to live in the land of makebelieve now that Mr. Rogers is dead.

i think it is ironic that you mention the "natural law" of "survival of the fittest" when arguing the merits of state sponsered activity...  the state of course being an entity which was arguably created to protect the sort of people who usually herald the wonders of darwinism in one form or another from those they label weaker, but in any case, created in part to keep people from just acting like animals...

also, i challenge you to define mental illness. you have mentioned some statistics which link two supposed disorders to heredity, (still those particular stats could be attributed to learned behavior from parents rather than genes) which is hardly a definition of mental illness.
there was a time in the nary too distant past when communism, homosexuality, or for that matter even promiscuity were considered mental illnesses as well...

i think you need a concise definition of somthing before you can construct a "logical" argument regarding it, otherwise it seems to me that your argument will be fundamentally flawed.  

I agree, we could easily also do without those afflicted with communism, homosexuality and other mental illnesses in that strain.