Providence Tunnel, Ladd School, + pictures

Started by onan, November 16, 2004, 07:25:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
In Smithfield, off of Log Road are large sand dunes and abandoned buildings.

Also, in Smithfield, the Narragansett Electric Company building has been demolished, it no longer exists!

Foundry in providence: I didn't go inside, but stuck my arm through a window to get the picture

Ladd school, August 2003

I also went to the Ladd school on election day this year, they were holding elections at a small building in front of the main building. Due to the crowds, we parked a bit away and walked through the woods on a path, by the old caretakers' office. We had no problems getting in, people drove by while I stood outside and no one said anything. There was a group of girls who came about 30 minutes after we did, were very noisy, and did get yelled at.

Ashton Mill, Blackstone Valley State Park in Lincoln/Cumberland RI

^This place is a really nice old factory, there's construction equipment in there but I've never seen them actually working on it.

I've been curious about the Providence Train tunnel for quite some time now. I know the entrance on Angell street is closed off, but where is the entrance on Gano street? Presumably, it can't be seen from the street, but I drove up and down the street, looking for a wooded area it would possibly be located, without any luck.  

Nice photos, looks like work is progressing nicely at the OCF mill, i like how they repainted the smokestack.    
Don't worry, if you die....We'll make it.

Is that the "CJ" in the background?
Abandoned locations can hide but they can't run

No, structure in background is active.

As for Providence Just Follow the tracks back from the raised bridge, should be clear in the winter.  

November 17, 2004, 07:17:07 AM #5 Last Edit: November 17, 2004, 04:36:14 PM by spacemonkey684
Nice pics Onan.

BTW, it's kind of funny, I think I know who you are - that pic of Ladd - I was with you guys on that trip last August.  

November 17, 2004, 05:42:59 PM #6 Last Edit: November 18, 2004, 12:00:22 AM by Dakiel
Thanks Dakiel, sounds easy.

spacemonkey, are you Travis?

Oh no SM your cover is blown.

QuoteOh no SM your cover is blown.
Uh oh.

B)

Onan, I think I have an idea as to who you are, send me a PM we'll talk there.

QuoteOh no SM your cover is blown.
Uh oh.

B)

Onan, I think I have an idea as to who you are, send me a PM we'll talk there.
I want the dirt!  Spoil sport! :o  

Edited above post for personal content.  

Edited above post for latent homosexuality.

HAHA! take that bro!

LMAO!  Good one.

Honestly though, I don't mind if my real first name is on here.

Reedited and added name.  

QuoteReedited and added name.
Homosexuality sold separately.