Titicut Follies

Started by usefulidiot, September 17, 2004, 12:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062374/

Anyone see it?  It's a documentary made in the late 60s at a mental institution in Bridgewater, MA.  It was banned for awhile so it's hard to get a copy.  They say it was banned due to infringing on patient's privacy but I think the state was trying to hide the terrible things that were going on there that were caught on film.  

PS - Please read my post entitled "Danvers Trip in Near Future".  I know ya'll are hesitant in bringing people to spots but I can assure you my interest is about the historical and architechtural significance on the place.  I don't want to rape, pillage, vandalize, etc. the place.  I'm desperate!  I guess I'm too much of a pussy to go there alone.  

titicut follies was a great film. i worked at bridgewater state hospital almost 15 years in the 80s and 90s that was the old st hospital a new one was built in 74. the best thing on that complex is now the abandoned southeastern correctional center, it was abandoned in 2003/2003 i want to visit danvers again and would be open to going in a group.

nut
history is always eroding

Ill sell you a copy for 30$

on DVD or VHS?  is it recorded of the PBS showing?  details!!!

If someone wants to donate this movie to Insanebunkers, I'll compress it and make it available for download by forum members.  We just have to make sure that we wouldn't be violating copyright laws.  From what I've heard, it's pretty old and wasn't too popular because of some ban.  
Explore, Archive, Share

I have not see it, but have heard about it.
Have read the reviews from the people who have seen the movies from IMDB.

IMO it shouldn't have been banned, the public should have known about how those patients were treated.
Ivasion of privacy, it may have well have been, but how about when institutions leave medical records scattered about when leaving a closed facility.
That's not an invasion??

What about the Ladd School in RI, that wasn't a cover up?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MILITARY NUT- you say you worked at bridgewater state for 15 yrs?
What kind of treatment have you seen?

I have worked in the health care industry for 10 years. Mostly in nursing homes.
Have seen enough abuse towards  people to last me a life time.

MW

Skully, ive got a copy on dvd, ill get it to you.  
Don't worry, if you die....We'll make it.

my favorite part of the movie is the doctor putting in the feeding tube while smoking a butt, what great cleanliness. there are some great training videos the doc had showing alot more of the old state hospital. its was an awsome site to behold seeing some of the old artwork patients used to do while there thats passed on from administration to administration, its so dark and gloomy.

metal witch i worked there from  1987-2002. and i could tell you some stories. patient to patient abuse, staff patient, doctor patient , it all happened. i came in at the end of one era the first 2 years i worked there was like the wild west, as new seclusion and restraint laws were passed(bachman laws) the place reallycalmed down by the mid 90s. newer and better medications for treatment really cut down on the violence. i have considered writing a book on my time there. one was written by a guy who worked there a very short time i believe he worked 9 or 10 months, called  Screw.  a rotten book in my opinion i could do better. the guy had no time in the business and thought he could write a good book he was sadly mistaken.

nut
history is always eroding

FYI on a boot leg version of titcut follies.
A friend of mine went to a comic book show up in Boston yesterday. There was also a room with cd's and dvd's.
Apparently he saw a copy of titicut that someone had snatched.  

So if you looking for that movie, just out the next comic book convention that may be coming to your area. That movie may be there.

Finally got a copy of Titicut Follies.  Went to a comic book convention today w/ a friend in Boston.

What a sick and insanely sad movie!!
Paid 15.00 for my dvd copy.

If you let me borrow it, i could rip the DVD to my computer and host it with bittorrent so everyone could watch it.  That is if its not copyrighted of course  ;)  

QuoteIf someone wants to donate this movie to Insanebunkers, I'll compress it and make it available for download by forum members.  We just have to make sure that we wouldn't be violating copyright laws.  From what I've heard, it's pretty old and wasn't too popular because of some ban.
At the next meet up, I'll donate my dvd bootleg to the group for the low price of 10 bucks. Handlers fee.

ya well you guys actually have to invite me to this one >:|

QuoteSkully, ive got a copy on dvd, ill get it to you.
:o sweet crimminy is there NOTHING this man does not have????? cripes Dakiel has a veritable plethora of stockpiled items.... how......HOW?????

bet he doesn't have the pictures of Bea Arthur in her bdsm years.....i had to go all indiana jones to get those.....

snootch to the nootch!

October 27, 2004, 10:06:53 PM #14 Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 09:58:18 PM by skully
bet how much?

Well gee if I'd known how much you all want this movie!
Wanna bid on it?

October 28, 2004, 03:51:57 PM #16 Last Edit: October 28, 2004, 03:53:08 PM by Andrew
I don't know.......that picture looks an awful lot like Slade in an all to familiar position. Are you sure you got the right picture?
Abandoned locations can hide but they can't run

Didn't you know Bea Arthur IS Slade!!!!!!

LOL!
I can't believe I didn't make the connection. I should have know by the "rack and cock"
Abandoned locations can hide but they can't run

i live in west bridgewater... i would love to check out this movie. if anyone is willing to make me a copy i'd be willing to pay some money... maybe not quite 30 bucks though, heh