Session 9

Started by Rally19, August 30, 2004, 09:58:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
If you like exploring Danvers state hospital (if still possible) Check out this movie, it will make your trips much more intense.  The movie is based in Danvers, its extra creepy seen as its a place we all know, and most have been to.  Its on VHS so check the old vid sections or just ask the people who work there.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0261983/

here is a link to its info

I found and ordered it on DVD from amazon.com.
Having been to Danvers myself I can't wait to see it.
Thanks for the recommendation. I had never even heard of it.
Abandoned locations can hide but they can't run

That's a fav.  After watching the movie, check out our DSH images.  You'll see some remnant from the movie itself.
Explore, Archive, Share

Going to watch it tonight. I already recognize places from the DVD case.

QuoteThat's a fav.  After watching the movie, check out our DSH images.  You'll see some remnant from the movie itself.
yes i did recognize that chair in the picture as i watched the movie.  I viewed the pics long before i watched the movie

Great flick!
I guess it's time to admit to myself that the reason I love these places so much is that  I am a fear junky and at times they scare the fuck out of me.
Why watch a horror movie when you can live one?
Recently I was at a Mass hospital. I had been wandering around the buildings since 8:00. It was now 1:00a. I am alone and somewhere on the top floor of the CTG unit looking down onto the center courtyard which was only slightly illuminated by the moon. Suddenly it hit me, where I was and what I was doing. Alone, at night, at the top of an abandoned mental hospital! What am I fucken stupid?
My imagination was now running out of control. I was so freaked out that I almost passed out. Of course at that point I couldn't find my way out. I fucken love it!  Jump out of a plane for a rush? Fuck that. I'll show you how to get the adrenaline moving.
Call me a freak I don't care. I can't be the only one.
Unfortunately on a return visit the next night I could not reproduce such an irrational fear session.
Anyway, thanks for the recommendation. The only thing that was disappointing was they didn't discuss Mary Hobb's cat. Everyone knows her fucking cat is watching you too.

no problem, glad someone could get some Enjoyment out of it

September 15, 2004, 06:21:19 PM #7 Last Edit: September 15, 2004, 06:22:07 PM by Skully
Yep, me too on the mood and feel of some of these places.  I remember being in some bunkers when I was a kid.  Pitch black in a narrow tunnel with water up to my ankles and a flashlight on the verge of a dead battery.

There is nothing like the cold, dead feeling of darkness.  I'm not talking about the darkness you experience in a dark bedroom when you turn the lights out.  The darkness you feel when you're inside a boarded up building or below ground in a concrete bunker is different- both chilling and interesting at the same time.  In the case of bunkers, to then consider yourself back during the active period of that bunker, when soldiers were scrambling to perform drills inside these bunkers.  Good shit.

Speaking of chill, I don't know if I already mentioned it, but when Dakiel and I were in Danvers with MikeDijital from AS, we got the strangest feeling after coming in from the roof (yep the same roof that the scene was shot on).  I'm not trying to be hokey or make up some bullshit but there is nothing to compare the fucking thermal chill that hit our bones once we went back inside the building from being outside on the roof.  That place is weird indeed.
Explore, Archive, Share

Well said!
I knew I couldn't be the only one.
As many places as you've been you must have seen and felt some scary s**t.
Always exploring alone (only due to the fact that everyone I know thinks I am an idiot for doing it)  I think sets the stage for me.
As far as the thermal chill, I believe you. I think, especially in asylums, unimaginable s**t  had been done to those people and those actions are now a permanent part of these structures.
I have basically just started exploring Danvers (I live close and can afford frequent short trips) but from what I have seen so far it is the scariest place I have ever been. I get a vibe as soon as I walk in the woods.

I too have seen it!
Highly recommended!