Author Topic: Ladd School  (Read 20240 times)

Offline jaydoublez

• Lurker-Tourist
  • InsaneKarma: +0/-0
Ladd School
« on: February 15, 2010, 08:31:01 PM »
I have been to the Ladd school for the past three weeks straight, and every week I go back it gets more and mroe active. I have twice now seen what is DEFINETLEY a person running in between the trees on the left hand side of where the Hospital used to be and again further up the road a little bit last night. This is absolutley insane iam telling you. I have seen many things while doing this but never seen such a full bodied what appears to be aparition, but with clear cut features. I really recommend getting out there, It has changed alot in atmosphere since the buildings have been torn down. You can practically feel the energy around you. Its turned into almost a must go even if you have already been. Take the back road in and its no problem making it around, at least the outside of the perimeter where all the buildings used to be.

Offline jaydoublez

• Lurker-Tourist
  • InsaneKarma: +0/-0
Re: Ladd School
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 02:43:47 PM »
This isnt a joke by the way someone check it out and tell me what you think

Offline Villain

• Contributor
  • InsaneKarma: +6/-3
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 12:28:42 PM »
This isnt a joke by the way someone check it out and tell me what you think

Of all the places I've been to and explored I never had such bad feelings as I did at Ladd School.   I'll never forget the last time I went there back in '06 in mid-November.  It was cold, dark, and very quiet.  No tree frogs, or crickets making sounds.  There were only three of us, and while we were walking the dirtbike paths in the back, my friend and I saw something dart across the path about 25ft ahead of us.  It looked as if someone threw a white t-shirt in mid air.  There were no noises or anything made once the white thing darted across into the woods.  Leaves were everywhere so if it was an animal, for sure we would have heard the crackling of leaves.  Nothing.  Later on that night, we broke into the women's dormitory.  I broke a window with a crow-bar, and ended up cutting my hand.  Blood was everywhere--that wasn't too fun, and the window was on a stair case, which made it even harder to use. haha.  Lastly, once we were inside the building in the basement floor we heard noises that sounded like something was dragging on the first floor.  When we went upstairs to found out that noise, we heard the same thing coming from the basement floor.  After that we all decided that it would be best to leave.

Even after these experiences, I still have a hard time believing in ghosts or supernatural beings. However, Ladd School is full of weird things.  One time we smelled sulfur and smoke on the top floor of the hospital (Fogarty building), which supposedly means that a "ghost" was present. I've heard screaming in the distance, and in the woods.

I think Megster said it right in another post though--  I'm more afraid of running into a real person.  LIke security, the police, a serial killer, homeless person, rather than ghosts. 

Offline Chief

• The Million Dollar Man
  • Trusted Member
  • InsaneKarma: +20/-13
  • Everyone's got a price, everybody's gotta pay
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 01:15:55 PM »
I don't know man, the times I've been on property, I have heard weird things but there are a ton of animals in the woods plus those buildings are falling apart.  Last fall/winter I was in the woods at night/super early am on 2 occasions:  One time I had some animal(fishercat?) dart out of the woods at me and give me a heart attack, the other time I apparently ran into a guy out there for a walk at 4am with a flashlight in the woods, I also am positive I heard someones walkie talkie as well.  Made me jump but definitely nothing unexplainable. 

Offline Villain

• Contributor
  • InsaneKarma: +6/-3
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 06:20:38 PM »
I don't know man, the times I've been on property, I have heard weird things but there are a ton of animals in the woods plus those buildings are falling apart.  Last fall/winter I was in the woods at night/super early am on 2 occasions:  One time I had some animal(fishercat?) dart out of the woods at me and give me a heart attack, the other time I apparently ran into a guy out there for a walk at 4am with a flashlight in the woods, I also am positive I heard someones walkie talkie as well.  Made me jump but definitely nothing unexplainable. 

haha yeah Chief,

I am sure there are probably some explanations as what both things were.  Nonetheless, it was still frightening when I was there.  I think running into a random guy at 4am is pretty scary.  I also know fisher-cats sound like a person screaming so this could be a viable source for the yelling.

Offline Chief

• The Million Dollar Man
  • Trusted Member
  • InsaneKarma: +20/-13
  • Everyone's got a price, everybody's gotta pay
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 08:35:02 PM »
Dude it was ridiculous- I walked up on him maybe 30 yards or so up on him before I noticed the light swinging off and on.  The guy must have been either hunting or just some nut.  After a couple minutes of hiding and not making a sound, that animal came tearing ass out of the woods and scared the shit out of me.  But it actually ran towards the dude and made a ton of noise since there was a crusty ice snow layer on the ground, that was my cue to start running the other way.

Offline CarbonCavi

• Trusted Member
  • InsaneKarma: +18/-11
    • MYSPACE!
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 09:45:21 AM »
once i get my chain tightened on the bike i might head out that way. its like a 45 minute ride so im down for sure. now just to remember how to get there...
Im lethal from a 2nd gear roll.

Offline Otto MCR

• Contributor
  • InsaneKarma: +1/-0
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2011, 11:36:05 PM »
I've never actually been in the buildings but the grounds (and all of Exeter for that matter) have a very eerie "empty" feeling.

Offline Ademan

• Contributor
  • InsaneKarma: +6/-10
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2011, 02:14:40 AM »
I've never felt anything at all creepy about Ladd, and that's after spending a full weekend camping there.

Offline CarbonCavi

• Trusted Member
    • MYSPACE!
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2011, 01:49:25 PM »
ha. amy. biggest boobs in urban exploring
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 01:54:37 PM by CarbonCavi »

Offline Ademan

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2011, 04:52:56 PM »
Not true, but they're up there.

Offline Kurt

• PlymouthCountyHospital
  • Trusted Member
  • InsaneKarma: +39/-11
  • life is not a waiting room.
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2011, 05:09:13 PM »

amy tried to join IB a few weeks ago but her IP was instantly banned for like no reason...

Offline sewerRat21

• Darkroom Junkie
  • Contributor
  • InsaneKarma: +12/-16
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2011, 06:23:17 PM »
ya my buddy has been tryin 2 join to and he has had no luck. time to start a thread in site help for all the people who cant seem to get in

Offline Ademan

• Contributor
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2011, 07:17:37 PM »
That sucks. It's cause they're not as cool as me. duh

Offline Megster

• Crazy Cat Lady of IB
  • Administrator
  • InsaneKarma: +15/-3
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2011, 11:28:08 PM »

amy tried to join IB a few weeks ago but her IP was instantly banned for like no reason...

Amy was able to join but she didn't post anything so I kept her things having to do with her account wide open.

And I found that I even banned my own phone, so if you know of other legit people who are having trouble I need to know. 
I hide in the shadows and babble about old things.  I appear to most new members of IB.  I might beat you with my cane.

http://adventureswithmeg.weebly.com
http://meganmcgory.smugmug.com
http://meganmcgory.com

Offline CarbonCavi

• Trusted Member
    • MYSPACE!
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2011, 11:33:03 AM »

photos of bigger breasted explorers?

Offline CarbonCavi

• Trusted Member
    • MYSPACE!
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2011, 11:33:59 AM »
That sucks. It's cause they're not as cool as me. duh

^ facebook like

Offline Dakiel

• Administrator
  • InsaneKarma: +7/-1
    • http://www.insanebunkers.com
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2011, 04:10:10 PM »

photos of bigger breasted explorers?

Seconded....

Ill start a topic elsewhere.
Don't worry, if you die....We'll make it.

Offline TurboBandit

• Lurker-Tourist
  • InsaneKarma: +0/-1
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2011, 11:39:16 PM »
Hey guys and gals, My first post here. A friend just told me about this site on Facebook.  I live 5 minutes from Ladd school. i'm right on the border of exeter / NK.  I used to go and play PAINTBALL in these buildings late at night back when i was in highschool.  It was REALLY creepy walking around in there alone lookin for your buddies in the dark.  One of us would fire, and then you'd hear your buddy start firing out of no where hahaha.

But yes, we've smelt the smells, heard the noises, but the freakiest thing was seeing a ghost in a window. A black shadowed figure.  We were standing outside, and the third floor of the hospital building is where we saw it.  We put the flashlights up there, and the window was BOARDED UP.  Scary stuff.  It's been almost 10 years since i've been back there playing in the buildings, but the FUN part was when we would go, and see other explorer's cars already parked inside... Then it was fun to play "Pretend i'm mr. Police Officer" hahahaha. We scared a bunch of people.

Offline Swany99

• Lurker-Tourist
  • InsaneKarma: +1/-0
  • swanypao@yahoo.com
    • http://wwiimedicalimpressions.webs.com
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2014, 10:28:57 AM »
My friend worked security at the Ladd school. They would stay at state home rite off the road. He said when they knew people were in the buildings they would mess with people. Basically they were board.  I know if it's cold and at night you most likely don't have to worry.  They are worried for people's safety most of all do to the place falling apart. He said they would walk around in the dark to scare people throw rocks flash lights. If you do get caught most likely the police will be called.
Live for the thrill of what's around the corner.

Offline CarbonCavi

• Trusted Member
    • MYSPACE!
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2014, 04:06:59 PM »
Probably like 10 years ago I went there with a friend during the day. One of the boards to the hospital building was removed and access was cake to get in. We decided to come back late at night. We laid down in the bed of my buddies truck and he drove through there and we hopped out while he was moving and ran over to the building. While making our way over there ( no flashlights, all black clothes ) a spot light appeared out of nowhere in our direction. We hugged the corner of the building and the light passed inches from us. As it got closer we saw it was an ambulance heading to the detox center. Went to call my friend to pick us back up and the phone was dead. ( im one for believing in spirits etc, but this pushed the bounds of my believing ) so we huffed it back to where he was parked which was at the very end of the road and hopped in his truck, low and behold the phones worked again. was very weird. But I believe that was the last time I was up that way.