Author Topic: Whats going on at Dutch Island?  (Read 6780 times)

Offline Hazad626

• Out of the Closet
  • InsaneKarma: +0/-0
Whats going on at Dutch Island?
« on: August 31, 2009, 09:39:11 PM »
hey everyone google jamestown rhode island and look for dutch island on the sat. map then try and zoom it, ok switch back to regular map mode! its there, go for a close up on the sat again, Boom its gone! what i want to know is how does the government control google? very strange i think there is something more here iam planning a trip soon i would say when but rats are everywhere ^_^ so i make sure i post my new pix when i get em up!

Offline CarbonCavi

• Trusted Member
  • InsaneKarma: +18/-11
    • MYSPACE!
Re: Whats going on at Dutch Island?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 10:21:20 PM »
interested.....
Im lethal from a 2nd gear roll.

Offline zman

• Contributor
  • InsaneKarma: +3/-1
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 06:12:58 PM »
I was out there in the spring and there was nothing going on...except a lot of dead or starving deer.  We needed army surplus machete's to get anywhere interesting.  Can't imagine what the brush is going to be like this time of year.

insanebeaver

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 12:11:11 PM »
i never thought dutch island was anything worth protecting.... i haven't personally been their since 2001 i don't think it'd be worth the trip but i dunno

Offline mista.v

• Contributor
  • InsaneKarma: +0/-5
  • Mr. Wise Wang
    • Flickr
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2009, 10:51:52 AM »
i never thought dutch island was anything worth protecting.... i haven't personally been their since 2001 i don't think it'd be worth the trip but i dunno
It's not that they want to protect it, they don't want the liability of people falling into holes (it happened), or getting hurt otherwise by assing around in the old buildings.
Also, there's a shit-ton of deer/deer ticks.

Offline zman

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2009, 03:18:33 PM »
There's a lot of cool stuff if your into old forts.  That section with the collasped underground reservoir (sp?) looked kind of nasty.  There was a dead dear floating in it.  If you fall into that sucker, and you're alone....

Offline Hazad626

• Out of the Closet
  • InsaneKarma: +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2009, 01:19:03 AM »
lol "if you fall into that sucker your alone"... lmao so funny almost fell off my chair dude, ive been to every fortification in and around narragansett bay except dutch island cuz the damn coast guard watch's that place like a hawk , overall probably not worth it seeing as how the forts around here are stripped of all artifacts and the tunnels that went deep down are all caved in, most likely on purpose.  But it is indeed very tough to find a place worth snooping around anymore the powers at be make difficult to be an urban explorer.. :ph34r:

Offline zman

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2009, 03:16:26 PM »
Haha.  I didn't know it was off limits when I went there - and my kayak is bright orange...Just got lucky I guess.

Offline Kabli

• Contributor
  • InsaneKarma: +2/-0
  • The best way out is always through.
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2009, 04:29:04 PM »
Haha.  I didn't know it was off limits when I went there - and my kayak is bright orange...Just got lucky I guess.

called dem today and the island is still off-limits to civilians.
Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking.