Worcester state hospital

Started by StealthUnited, August 04, 2009, 09:38:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
 Once upon a time the screams of patients being given shock therapy could be heard across the field next to Belmont st.. But now those screams come from only the ghosts who have lost there only home, because Worcester State Hospital, an amazing kirkbride structure has been undergoing demolition.

I've never been inside of it, only outside of it once about 5 years ago (just before they beefed security with lots and lots of robocop-roids!) and it was an amazing experience to walk and gaze upon such a structure as that hospital. I'd like to share a video.. Here is the link.. My fiancee made it, its a photo video of W.S.H.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFa969zGayo
Huzzah!!

went there last year, was talking to a person about getting in as he told me a way in, never got a chance, now most all of it is gone minus the clock tower

Its so depressing seeing almost everything gone there..
Huzzah!!

im surprised, wasnt alot of it on the historic building registry?

August 18, 2009, 01:31:22 PM #4 Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 01:35:25 PM by StealthUnited
idk what the story is with the historic peoples, i thought the site was too.

Well, here is an interesting story for you all, I stumbled upon a employee who worked at Acme blueprint co. here in Worcester, he had a shit load of spent blueptint paper tubes, and I asked him 'whats that all about' and he was like "oh, we're printing blueprints for the new Worcester state hospital" Sooo, looks like there gonna do something big seeing up there that they went through several hundred pages to print these plans up.. Hopefully these new plans arn't for a giant CVS Pharmacy or a Supermotherf******-Mega-Walmart, even though the kid said it was for a new hospital. haha.  :ph34r:
Huzzah!!

Quote from: StealthUnited on August 18, 2009, 01:31:22 PM
idk what the story is with the historic peoples, i thought the site was too.        all gone but the admin clock tower

Well, here is an interesting story for you all, I stumbled upon a employee who worked at Acme blueprint co. here in Worcester, he had a shit load of spent blueptint paper tubes, and I asked him 'whats that all about' and he was like "oh, we're printing blueprints for the new Worcester state hospital" Sooo, looks like there gonna do something big seeing up there that they went through several hundred pages to print these plans up.. Hopefully these new plans arn't for a giant CVS Pharmacy or a Supermotherf******-Mega-Walmart, even though the kid said it was for a new hospital. haha.  :ph34r: