Happenings at Ladd School

Started by k wilks, April 01, 2009, 12:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey guys...  I took a trip over to ladd today.  i have been there many times and had been in the hospital and connecting building before but never any of the others.  There is a building on the right that is kinda isolated ( between the power station and the rehab place) that has always intrigued me. i think its a dorm or office building.  So any way I went there today dead set on getting into that building.  As I pulled in there was a state fire marshall truck parked at the power station which I thought was weird.  So i drove by and intended on making a right and pulling my car back behind the building and out of sight.  Now I have heard all the stories of a strong police presence being there but have never seen any cops there myself.  Well just as I was about to turn I saw some trucks parked over where I was about go towards. i kept driving straight on the main road and to my surprise there was 2 K-9 state police units and 2 other what looked like undercover suburbans.  They had the front door wide open on the exact building I was gonna go into.  They had the dogs out and were about to go inside.  i drove up to the rehab place and waited a few minutes before turning around.  I drove by again and snapped some pictures  the best I could before getting outta there.  I wouldn't have been so spooked but I had my pipe on me and didint want any trouble with those K-9 fuckers.  So I took off and went over to hells gates for a quick visit but I couldn't get the Ladd outta my mind.  My curiosity got the best of me and I headed back.  i got back at Ladd about an hour and a half later and the cops had moved there cars over towards the Fogerty building and one was on the main road off to the side I once again did my rehab loop and turned around.  i drove by the K-9 suburban and the fuckin dog started barking its brains out at my through the window.  They still had the front door of that building open but i think I saw a fresh piece of ply wood inside the door.   Sorry for the long post but i felt i had to share my experience.  Maybe they were just patching up windows and stuff but that wouldn't explain the K-9's and the undercovers.  Its really strange.  if anybody has any ideas feel free to reply.    also how the hell do I upload pics???????

I've never seen cops at Ladd but I haven't been to Ladd in 3 years.  Side note: you went all the way to Hell's Gates and then all the way back out to Ladd? lol 

To post pics you have to host them somewhere else like photobucket and then you'll be able to post them in your posts :)
I hide in the shadows and babble about old things.  I appear to most new members of IB.  I might beat you with my cane.

http://adventureswithmeg.weebly.com
http://meganmcgory.smugmug.com
http://meganmcgory.com

LOL-- Yeah  they' re like a half hour away from each other.  I had been looking for the gates for a long time and finally figured out where it is.  But I had no idea what a BORING drive it is out to it.  I didint even get to go down the path because there is no where to park and I didnt feel like walking from cemetary.  I dont think its really worth the trip out there, but whatever.  Yeah it was really strange seeing those cops there with the dogs.  I can only hope that they weren't scouting out for some future renovation project or something.....  I like ladd just the way it is, my favorite spot to explore.  Any way if anybody has any recent stories of their exploits at Ladd I would love to hear them.  Spring is now upon us and it is the season for exploring!!!!!!!!!

With dogs they could be looking for drugs or bodies.  There's one place I've gone (Waterford Airport in CT)  that apparently has had two bodies dumped there in the past 7 years. 

I've been to Ladd twice, once in 2003 and the other in 2006.  Would have had full access to Fogarty in 2003 but for some reason didn't attempt it (I think because we had Rocky Point on the agenda for the same day).  In 2006 we were spotted by someone so we didn't get to stay as long.

As for Hell's Gates, it's a bad idea to park at the cemetery, too many do gooders live on that road and I'd be worried that it would get towed.  Wickaboxet Management area is the place to park but the walk is very, very long. It's long even if you were to park in front.  I'm checking out another place to park nearby that might have a better walk and not so much trouble to go along with it. 

I hide in the shadows and babble about old things.  I appear to most new members of IB.  I might beat you with my cane.

Wow, I wish I could have gone to rocky point but i think they demolished it.  i loved that place as a kid.  yeah as far as ladd goes I heard today that some kinda group of thugs has been hanging around there terrorizing people.  Whats the world coming to when you cant even feel safe at your favorite urban exploration spot?  Now their definatly gonna tear the place down if you've got a bunch of bums living there robbing everybody who walks in there.  What a bunch of bull crap. 

yea dude they robbed a few of my friends, i put the story uner the ladd school topic under weird shit

maybe I'll go down there and teach those bums a lesson myself.  Maybe we should form a posse of our own and take back whats ours

they cant demo ladd because of get this. theres like 7 species of endangered dragon flies that live there. google it :-)

Okay so i googled it. It seems that the EPA was concerned at the time of the construction of the exeter jobs corps because of two drogonfly species and a freshwater mussle species that live in the surrounding wetlands.  They built the job corps in an area that would not affect they swamps apparently.  So there is some truth to this dragonfly theory, but I dont think there would be any hesitation on the states part to renovate some of the buildings if another organization wanted in and had some money. I think their primary concern was for the wetlands and not really for the actual campus of Ladd. 

they wanted to build a fire fighter training facility there for themselves and couldnt do it. if theyre told no they cant even do something for them selves, i dont think theyll look very hard into someone else being able to IF they even can build on the site

Quote from: k wilks on April 26, 2009, 09:44:48 PM
maybe I'll go down there and teach those bums a lesson myself.  Maybe we should form a posse of our own and take back whats ours

Ill bring snacks. :P

But seriously... these wannabe "gangstas" should GTFO.

seriously they should. them creating a scene is not what any of us want. we just want to get in, view it, move out undetected and leave it for the next person.

I guess now anybody that goes there is getting arrested no questions asked

:angry:

People like that shouldnt be able to reproduce. RIP THEIR BALLS OFF.

Now all of us innocent (well... partly innocent) explorers get it taken away.

I  dont believe it.  that was my favorite fuckin place and now its all fucked up.  Even more people are gonna wanna go cause it was on the news and on top of it all theres gonna be more cops than ever.  Im glad that I at least got to go in some of the buildings a couple of weeks ago.  But seriously, this sucks.

stupid ghost hunters haha, i know the kids that got mugged and I know for a fact they werent looking for any ghosts

Quote from: k wilks on April 30, 2009, 12:30:05 PM
I  dont believe it.  that was my favorite fuckin place and now its all fucked up.  Even more people are gonna wanna go cause it was on the news and on top of it all theres gonna be more cops than ever.  Im glad that I at least got to go in some of the buildings a couple of weeks ago.  But seriously, this sucks.

if you liked that place you should check out nsh, youd really love it

They probably said "ghost hunters" so that the media and society would accept it. Normal people wouldn't understand and/or approve of the whole concept of urban exploring.

well all they did by using the phrase "ghost hunters" is open it up to whole bunch of yuppies that will probably trash the place and make things impossible for us.  If there were any ghost there then the real ghost hunters probably would have done a show.  They are all from warwick, thats like 20 minutes from ladd

Yeah... TAPS is in Warwick. I heard a bunch of shows wanted to do stuff there but the state wouldnt let them or something.

I always wondered why they didnt do a show there.  I figured the state wouldnt let them because the buildings weren't structually sound or whatever

haha TAPS is right across the street from warwick vets high school, i skate by there place every day on the way home from school

do you know jessica worthen? she lives right next to that place almost

graduated a few years back. works at best buy now in warwick

wtf lol