Author Topic: Napatree point Watch Hill - Bunker  (Read 98407 times)

Offline urbanexplorer

• Damn! the cops are right in back of us ............heres the keys you drive
  • Trusted Member
  • InsaneKarma: +1/-0
  • This fight could be the last fight !
    • member gallery
Re: Napatree point Watch Hill - Bunker
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2006, 11:50:15 PM »
im paying for the pics today(damn my legs hurt) but its worth it i got to spend the day with my daughter and get some nice pics and been to someplace ive never been to before
When you go looking for ghosts in these places be sure to be a ghost leave no clues to your existence and dissapear into thin air!!!!

Urbanexplorer 2006

Offline skully

• A bunker
  • Administrator
  • InsaneKarma: +11/-1
    • InsaneBunkers
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2006, 09:53:39 PM »
Cool date!  Behave in those bunkers now.  Especially with all those damn mosquitos.

That's awesome...I'll probably be heading there in a couple weeks or next weekend with my new boyfriend. He's never been there and it's always so awesome bringing people who've never gone before :)  Glad your daughter liked it!  (I first went there when I was about 10 with my grandparents.)
Explore, Archive, Share

Offline CarbonCavi

• Trusted Member
  • InsaneKarma: +18/-11
    • MYSPACE!
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2006, 05:37:48 PM »
Im still picking ticks out of my car from three weeks ago. doesnt look good when you go to a carshow to show your car and you have ticks crawling all over your dashboard.
Im lethal from a 2nd gear roll.

Offline Megster

• Crazy Cat Lady of IB
  • Administrator
  • InsaneKarma: +15/-3
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2006, 07:31:10 PM »
ewwww, never had a problem with ticks there, which is odd since they have those signs everywhere lol
I hide in the shadows and babble about old things.  I appear to most new members of IB.  I might beat you with my cane.

http://adventureswithmeg.weebly.com
http://meganmcgory.smugmug.com
http://meganmcgory.com

Offline CarbonCavi

• Trusted Member
    • MYSPACE!
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2006, 09:19:17 PM »
yeah they suck lol. dunno if i mentioned this earlier or not but there used to be houses and a road all the way out to the fort that the 38 hurricane whiped out. I found the foundations to alot of the houses and have a rough idea of where the road is, thinking of bringing a shovel and digging down a few feet to see what i find. those damn dune activists will be after me in a second though. ill just bean them over the head with the shovel and swim back to stonington lol. OH you do get a good view of the fort thru binoculars from stonington point.

Offline urbanexplorer

• Trusted Member
    • member gallery
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2006, 10:45:15 AM »
i asked my daughter what she wanted to do today and she said lets go back to the fort in westerly its summer we can explore all day thats awesome!! to bad its raining i wait its the weekend what else should i expect :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 10:47:35 AM by urbanexplorer »
When you go looking for ghosts in these places be sure to be a ghost leave no clues to your existence and dissapear into thin air!!!!

Urbanexplorer 2006

Offline CarbonCavi

• Trusted Member
    • MYSPACE!
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2006, 05:33:43 PM »
hey im down with going again if you would like to let me tag along! lol i found a series of holes almost like manholes covered in what looked like sides of a lobster trap with a bunch of ropes and a tire in the bottom, if we could repel in, i wonder where it would lead?!

Offline urbanexplorer

• Trusted Member
    • member gallery
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2006, 06:54:51 PM »
I'm definitely down for that lets set it up

Urbanexplorer 2006

Offline CarbonCavi

• Trusted Member
    • MYSPACE!
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2006, 12:02:31 PM »
damn, i went yesterday evening and WOW the overgrowth is nuts compared to the winter months. almost couldnt do it. but neways, snapped a few good pics, youll be able to see them in my albums. so we explored the first bunker you come to, couldnt get downstairs too much water and whatnot for lindsey and my buddy steve o so we putzed around up top, then there was too much overgrowth to check out the second bunker, so we decided to call it a night, by this time it was 10 pm. we walk back to where the heavy rocks are at the tip of the beach and see this red light coming at us. we take off running having no idea what in the hell it is, and not wanting to find out being so far away from town. we ran the whole length of the beach and made it back in 10 minutes. then were like now that were at the car lets see who or what it was. so after waiting half an hour it was a fisherman. lol he had a head mounted red light, and the whole gear and a pretty expensive looking pole. we went over to him and told him we were scared shitless of him, and he told us he saw my flash of my camera going off in the fog and thought it was lightning the whole time lol. then saw our flashlight take off running and then just shut off lol. we both scared each other just as much. funny little story, just thought id share. photos are in my album, should have them loaded shortly. enjoy, and dont forget to check out my other two albums on ladd center and nsh.

Offline elpresidente

• Contributor
  • I'll tell ya why TK-421 isn't at his post!
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2006, 12:09:40 PM »
lol fishermen: they're as scared of us as we are of them.  Too bad about the overgrowth, but otherwise pretty ill.  When the fall rolls around I need to check the joint out.
Don't waive your rights with your flags.
-Sage Francis

Offline urbanexplorer

• Trusted Member
    • member gallery
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2006, 08:59:49 PM »
lol fisherman as scared of us as we are of him now thats funny!! make sure you dont corner them or they attack lol carboncavi all i got to say about identifing thing in the dark night vision only way to fly flip of a switch BANG its daylight we gotta hit this place next week @night water or not i got all next week off gimme a buzz, drop me an email and well see what we can come up with

Urbanexplorer 2006

Offline CarbonCavi

• Trusted Member
    • MYSPACE!
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2006, 09:43:15 PM »
deffinitly, neone want to make this into a IB mini tour?

Offline elpresidente

• Contributor
  • I'll tell ya why TK-421 isn't at his post!
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2006, 10:54:23 PM »
deffinitly, neone want to make this into a IB mini tour?

it'd be awesome.  When do you guys have in mind?
Don't waive your rights with your flags.
-Sage Francis

Offline urbanexplorer

• Trusted Member
    • member gallery
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2006, 10:58:32 PM »
im thinking night time cuz there will be less peeps and im on vaca next week so im game any night you guys let me know when and well do it

Urbanexplorer 2006

Offline CarbonCavi

• Trusted Member
    • MYSPACE!
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2006, 12:27:50 AM »
im good for any night as long as were done by 10pm, or if you want to make this into a late nighter im good tuesday night, wednesday night, and thursday nights.

Offline Megster

• Crazy Cat Lady of IB
  • Administrator
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2008, 04:27:20 PM »
There are also two abandoned boats out at the end of the point worth seeing :D.  Well one is a little bit around the back past that little pond inlet thing but they are awesome.
I hide in the shadows and babble about old things.  I appear to most new members of IB.  I might beat you with my cane.

Offline mrk

• Lurker-Tourist
  • InsaneKarma: +0/-0
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2008, 02:42:38 AM »
Great PLace. The old highschool party spot. Cops would never wander that far, but once we lit most of the lower level on fire throwing bushes into openings on the top and the coast guard landed and raided the fort. Got rather exiting... Nothing like a beer in one hand, a doob in the other and wondering what the light is on the water thats getting slowly closer. What a surprise we were all in for. 3 nights in Jail...

Anyways... If you can find it there is a small iron door that is welded and bolted shut in lower level of the fort. Real thick. I've checked it everytime I've gone there and it is always the same... sealed. last there in summer of 08 and its still shut. I am yet to find anyone who has got past it and its too far out to the fort to haul heavy tools. A challenge for anyone whos up to it. If anyone is into diving the bckside of the point is littered with relics from the hurricane of 38. Before that hurricane there was actually a road and buildings most of the way out to the point that were washed away.

Offline urbanexplore4me

• Lurker-Tourist
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2008, 04:02:06 PM »
it looks like its worth the walk! :ph34r:

Offline k wilks

• Contributor
  • InsaneKarma: +2/-4
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2009, 06:54:27 PM »
this is an old subject but what the hell.... I just came back from there its definatly cool.  Alot of history for just a long strip of sand. And when you guys said it was a hell of a walk you weren't kidding.<a href="http://" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://</a>

Offline CarbonCavi

• Trusted Member
    • MYSPACE!
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2009, 08:58:14 AM »
last time i went there a seal beached itself ( naturally, doesnt mean its going to die - had to read up on this after an argument with my girlfriend ) and they get some sun for a bit then head back out, and there was all sorts of people around, it wasnt aggressive at all, then waddled back to the water and took off. we took some pics

Offline k wilks

• Contributor
  • InsaneKarma: +2/-4
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2009, 10:58:41 PM »
That place is crazy its just like a really long stretch of beach that go way far out into the ocean. its only like 1000 feet wide or something

Offline Megster

• Crazy Cat Lady of IB
  • Administrator
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2009, 05:25:48 PM »
k wilks did you know there used to be something like 40 large beach houses there that were completely wiped off the face of the earth in the 1938 hurricane.  Or...pushed into the little bay behind the stretch of beach between Watch Hill/Stonington Borough.  Aerial maps from 1934 show a much different Napatree Point than the one we know today.  The fort is the only thing that survived that hurricane, which killed about 20 people in the Watch Hill area alone, and some people survived the hurricane by waiting in the fort. 

Offline CarbonCavi

• Trusted Member
    • MYSPACE!
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2009, 11:55:16 PM »
if you walk on the cove side of it and look closely you can see reminents of the foundations of some of the houses :-)

Offline JiggyJamesG

• Contributor
« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2009, 02:25:34 PM »
Me and omni thinking of going there tonight, whats you guys' thoughts about a night trip there? It would be cool if this was replied to sometime today, but ik the chances of that are slim lol
WWW.accordingtojiggy.blogspot.com

Offline CarbonCavi

• Trusted Member
    • MYSPACE!
« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2009, 11:07:36 AM »
id just take a day trip there, your allowed to go there so whynot go when you can see and enjoy it? lol

Offline Megster

• Crazy Cat Lady of IB
  • Administrator
« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2009, 05:31:44 PM »
It would so not be worth it at night.

Offline JiggyJamesG

• Contributor
« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2009, 08:32:19 PM »
thanks guys, we didnt go last night but were planning on going tonight, might just wait till tomorow then if thats the case.

Offline CarbonCavi

• Trusted Member
    • MYSPACE!
« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2009, 01:22:01 AM »
youll be happy you did. i saw a seal playing in the sand last time i went down there, i have a pic of him. was a cute little guy

Offline JiggyJamesG

• Contributor
« Reply #58 on: November 08, 2009, 07:13:53 PM »
thats awesome, still havnt made the trip lol, next weekend fosho, ill probly take some pics.

Offline omnipotence

• Out of the Closet
« Reply #59 on: November 08, 2009, 11:06:37 PM »
Thank you alcohol for preventing some UE haha