Fort Wetherill

Started by Skunk, April 20, 2008, 06:55:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi all. Just stumbled upon this site today, and I like what I see.

I'd just thought I'd post some pictures from one of my old favorites. Wetherill! It's tagged to hell and probably half of the people on this site have been there but just thought I'd give you a little update on how it looks since it seems that this site was down for a while. The pictures aren't very good, but it gets the point across. I wasn't in a very artistic mood when I shot them, but anyways...

whatever this stuff was.

terrible light painting.

another shot of the infamous satan room.

and also, what are some of your guys favorite bunkers?

Wetherill never changes   :mellow:

I hide in the shadows and babble about old things.  I appear to most new members of IB.  I might beat you with my cane.

http://adventureswithmeg.weebly.com
http://meganmcgory.smugmug.com
http://meganmcgory.com

Like that last photo. I've been there but never heard of the Satan Room, whats that all about?

A local fraternity at URI shut off a section of the fort and painted all the walls black. they then put up skulls and other stuff to scare the pledges.
Don't worry, if you die....We'll make it.

hahahaha that room is so not scary though!  They should have done it to the room that's only accessible through the tunnels or the part that's partially caved in, that room has grafitti that dates back to 1987. lol
I hide in the shadows and babble about old things.  I appear to most new members of IB.  I might beat you with my cane.

http://adventureswithmeg.weebly.com
http://meganmcgory.smugmug.com
http://meganmcgory.com

keep this in mind, a couple of my friends took the trip up there a couple nights ago, and when they took a look in "the infamous satan room" they saw a bunch of pretty new candles in there.          so, my friend was driving up last night, it was me, him, and our other friend nick in the backseat, with another following us with about 6 other teenagers in it (the range of ages here is 15-18), well we turn into the park, and we see a white van with no back windows follow us in, which was pretty freaky, and another car was a little behind the van. so we were pulled into the first parking spots, and the three of us in the car get out to talk to the people in the suv, well Nick being an idiot has a baseball bat in his hands, well the van drove by and made its way to the fort, and the other car pulled up to us, and it ended up being a cop, so nick throws the bat under the car. (keep in mind that i am dressed in full camo) the cop says "that was really subtle" and told us to put our hands on the car. after asking us some questions about what we were doing, he told us to sit back in the car, and collected licenses from the people that had them. he told us that there names were now in the system, and if they were cought there after dark again it would be a 100 dollar fine, and the cars would be towed. oh yea, the driver of our car had brass knuckles on him, and a couple of other people in the suv had knives, just incase, you never know whos gonna be in there at night. so the cop said to nick, "Thats a really good way to catch a bullet between your fuckin eyes" and then we could finnaly go, but maybe it was a good thing the cop stopped us, cuz you never know who coulda been in that van.

im ganna shiez on that satan room mark my words me lord  but on a lighter note wheres the room thats only accesable through thd crawlspace

Quote from: JiggyJamesG on April 05, 2009, 08:30:50 PM
keep this in mind, a couple of my friends took the trip up there a couple nights ago, and when they took a look in "the infamous satan room" they saw a bunch of pretty new candles in there.          so, my friend was driving up last night, it was me, him, and our other friend nick in the backseat, with another following us with about 6 other teenagers in it (the range of ages here is 15-18), well we turn into the park, and we see a white van with no back windows follow us in, which was pretty freaky, and another car was a little behind the van. so we were pulled into the first parking spots, and the three of us in the car get out to talk to the people in the suv, well Nick being an idiot has a baseball bat in his hands, well the van drove by and made its way to the fort, and the other car pulled up to us, and it ended up being a cop, so nick throws the bat under the car. (keep in mind that i am dressed in full camo) the cop says "that was really subtle" and told us to put our hands on the car. after asking us some questions about what we were doing, he told us to sit back in the car, and collected licenses from the people that had them. he told us that there names were now in the system, and if they were cought there after dark again it would be a 100 dollar fine, and the cars would be towed. oh yea, the driver of our car had brass knuckles on him, and a couple of other people in the suv had knives, just incase, you never know whos gonna be in there at night. so the cop said to nick, "Thats a really good way to catch a bullet between your fuckin eyes" and then we could finnaly go, but maybe it was a good thing the cop stopped us, cuz you never know who coulda been in that van.

Yeah, Jamestown cops are total douchebags. D=
Me and my friend got busted for doing parkour under the Jamestown bridge a few weeks ago.

haha after that van went by theres no way we were going in lol it was scary cuz it seemed like they just appared behind us and followed us there

last weekend i was here and I wasnt paying attention and was walking towards a tunnel entrence and my left leg went threw one of the square holes, for a moment i thought i was gonna fall down a well and die haha luckily i just bashed my knee on the front of it and then threw my wieght to my right leg and fell towards thatway

does anybody know where the room with all the huge spools of rope are, or know anything about it, I saw a picture of it somewhere and want to find it for myself. Any info would help.. and that shit was scary dude I thought you were gone down an elevator shaft or something haha

There cables, not rope. there part of the DEM's facility past the beach.   

i want to go down to the boat launch if its still even there on the second half of wetherill

Im gonna go to the second half of wethril this weekend cause i still havnt seen that side

me and omnipotence got pics, now i jsut gotta find the cord to this camera seeing i didnt have a sd card in it

I would like to see pictures of fort wethril when it was still in operation to see how it looked back in the day

also buy the book defenses of narragansett bay during ww2 by walter schroeder

wow imagine standing next to that gun as it went off, must of been so loud!  Were can I get that book and thanks for the pics man

thanks, im buyin it next friday when i get my paycheck

Damn those guns are huge, you dont really understand how big they are till you see those pics.  I wonder what they were shooting at

I was thinking that same thing, probably just a test shot or a drill, something along those lines.

Its strange to think that I was standing where all that smoke is from the gun. Where do you think the guns ended up?

Probably scraped or put away for later use...

they were scraped, i think they shoulda disabled them and left them for people like us