Author Topic: Old Kirkbrides  (Read 11826 times)

Offline urbanexplorer

• Damn! the cops are right in back of us ............heres the keys you drive
  • Trusted Member
  • InsaneKarma: +1/-0
  • This fight could be the last fight !
    • member gallery
Old Kirkbrides
« on: March 09, 2008, 02:22:45 PM »
heres a rant for you all thats probably not new to anyone
As all the old abandoned Kirkbrides and colonial revivals get torn down to make way for housing complexes hotels condos etc.
It is a shame and the states that owned these places and sold them to developers( to knock down to build new buildings which will not last no wheres near as long as the ones they knocked down did) Should be ashamed of themselves for allowing this to happen.
The state says we are criminals for what we do................. urban exploring .
when the majority of us have a genuine interest in the design of the building or for the photogenic appeal they have.(how does that make us different from historians?) I however say that it is the state who are the criminals for allowing its past to be paved over to make way for the almighty dollar!
what ever happened to the Historical Society's of this country.................. oh wait they're as corrupt as the people who run the state.
Now i am all for using these old buildings in a mixed use way as offices or condos or whatever instead of letting them rot into the ground but that can be done with the existing building being retro fitted for structural integrity most of these buildings can be retro fitted for this.... look at Los Angeles for example that city is on a fault line as building codes change those buildings get retro fitted to the newest safety designs to keep them from falling during an earthquake.
So it can be done so why isn't it ? oh yeah the developers will only make $100 million instead of $130 million wow that must suck for you fuckers.
Now this rant isn't because there are buildings that i will never get to see........... it is because these buildings have a historical significance (which brings value to these properties as seen in the current remodeling of old mills to condos while leaving as much of the old buildings post and beam and clock towers and such in tact these fuckers finally realized people will pay big $$ to see that in they're condos.)which should not be lost. if anything they should be allowed to stand as testimonials to there beauty and to how well they were built and as to what happened there so it doesn't happen again.oh wait states like to hide how they abuse its citizens.
Now this is not entirely the developers fault  ( but sometimes it is!!)because by the time they get to buy a property the state has let it become so run down that structural retro is not an option because time has taken its toll because the state couldn't be bothered with keeping the property up maybe they shouldn't be allowed to hold these abandoned for so long seeing how private citizens that let a house they own get run down will get a letter to either fix it up and bring to code or the state will impose fines or take the property.I mean come on there are buildings in Europe(that are structurally sound and abandoned for centuries) that are older than this country.
Danvers was one of these buildings I am talking about
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 02:33:46 PM by urbanexplorer »
When you go looking for ghosts in these places be sure to be a ghost leave no clues to your existence and dissapear into thin air!!!!

Urbanexplorer 2006

Offline CarbonCavi

• Trusted Member
  • InsaneKarma: +18/-11
    • MYSPACE!
Re: Old Kirkbrides
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 05:38:04 PM »
Perfectly Said.
Here is danvers today..... Stopped a few times last year since its right off the highway on the way to race the car up in epping :-)

Im lethal from a 2nd gear roll.

Offline urbanexplorer

• Damn! the cops are right in back of us ............heres the keys you drive
  • Trusted Member
  • InsaneKarma: +1/-0
  • This fight could be the last fight !
    • member gallery
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 05:46:48 PM »
nice to see theyre retroing that building
When you go looking for ghosts in these places be sure to be a ghost leave no clues to your existence and dissapear into thin air!!!!

Urbanexplorer 2006

Offline CarbonCavi

• Trusted Member
  • InsaneKarma: +18/-11
    • MYSPACE!
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 09:41:49 PM »
exactly what I said, architecture like that is not replicated these days. I just wished I had seen it in its former life....
Im lethal from a 2nd gear roll.

CILKAWAH

Old Kirkbrides
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2009, 07:32:49 PM »
Well i dont know any thing about fixing moniters but i made a list.

1 why would you wast your time on changing them.
2 There old time to get a new one.
3 you can get one on craigs list for 10 dollars.

lol

Offline Megster

• Crazy Cat Lady of IB
  • Administrator
  • InsaneKarma: +15/-3
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 06:58:01 AM »
Well i dont know any thing about fixing moniters but i made a list.

1 why would you wast your time on changing them.
2 There old time to get a new one.
3 you can get one on craigs list for 10 dollars.

lol

banned, asshat.

but the pics in this topic are wicked.  Sooooo yay.
I hide in the shadows and babble about old things.  I appear to most new members of IB.  I might beat you with my cane.

http://adventureswithmeg.weebly.com
http://meganmcgory.smugmug.com
http://meganmcgory.com

Offline military_nut

• Lurker-Tourist
  • InsaneKarma: +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2009, 08:12:42 PM »
Its truely sad that now all the kirks in massachusetts are gone, with the exception of taunton. we will never see these type of buildings again in our life time

insanebeaver

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2010, 05:42:32 AM »
avalon bay needs to learn their role
i guess on the bright side this place is till standing somewhat