NSH On Fire .....AGAIN god damnit

Started by CarbonCavi, March 08, 2008, 11:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Today im on the shitter right, and my friends girlfriends mom is calling me. Im like hummm ill let it go. im doin work on the pot right now. I get a voicemail. She said Norwich State Hospital is on fire.... im like damn! so i call her back. Shes part of the preston volunteer FD. She said the Earl building ( east end of the property up by laurel hill ) is showing thick smoke and 4 FDs have been called in. So im like omg I have to get up there, shes like holdon I got a call coming in over the scanner. They shut down Route 12 so they could run lines across the road to active fire hydrens since there is no active hydrens on the property. This was around 3pm this afternoon. I do not know how big it got or if there was any structural damage. All i know is it had to be set either on purpose or by accident. Either way its fucked up, people such as myself and all of you go in there with a respect for the place that  these people obviously do not. This past summer I happen to be in the area late at night when I got a call Main Admin was on fire. I immediately flew over, and sat across the street watching and taking pictures till the last fire truck had left around 3am. This was the final straw for securitas who got fired after that incident and after they were found stealing copper this past summer. Many of the pictures I had taken came out blurry since there was many flashing lights from many directions and it was messing with my lense trying to focus. But I do have a nice one from a local paper website. Hopefully I will find out more tommorow about the Earl building fire which I will share. Until then here is a pic from the Main admin fire this past summer.

wow I was working way too hard this summer, I had no idea Main Admin was torched.
I hide in the shadows and babble about old things.  I appear to most new members of IB.  I might beat you with my cane.

http://adventureswithmeg.weebly.com
http://meganmcgory.smugmug.com
http://meganmcgory.com

yeah, one of the best buildings on the site too :-(

Quote from: CarbonCavi on March 08, 2008, 11:09:24 PM
This was the final straw for securitas who got fired after that incident and after they were found stealing copper this past summer
The people hired to guard this place from trespassers get caught stealing copper and they call us criminals
When you go looking for ghosts in these places be sure to be a ghost leave no clues to your existence and dissapear into thin air!!!!

Urbanexplorer 2006

Today im on the shitter right,
Thanks for this info ill sleep better tonight for sure lol
good to be back isnt carbon
When you go looking for ghosts in these places be sure to be a ghost leave no clues to your existence and dissapear into thin air!!!!

Urbanexplorer 2006

Im like hummm ill let it go. im doin work on the pot right now.

you forgot this part .......you can sleep even better now!! LOL

lol yes its good to be back lol. I wont even GOOOO into detail when I was at NSH and I sharted.... lol. And for anyone who has to doo doo at NSH theres toilet paper in Main Admin 2nd level bathroom....
Good news of this whole post! - the "smoke" was actually mist  coming from the tunnels.
Stupid ass rental security...

i seriouly wouldn't doubt if one day the fire department starts training their. shattered dreams

military and police have been training there for years, they use the baseball field to test bombs, so if your running thru it be careful, and they use the buildings for inner city combat training, if you go to the roof of the powerhouse you will see MANY MANY shell casings. This and I know a few of the cops that do the training there.