Author Topic: Freetown state forest  (Read 12054 times)

Offline urbanexplorer

• Damn! the cops are right in back of us ............heres the keys you drive
  • Trusted Member
  • InsaneKarma: +1/-0
  • This fight could be the last fight !
    • member gallery
Freetown state forest
« on: March 08, 2008, 07:43:23 PM »
looking for weird?? this place is supposed to be very weird from what ive read creatures called Pukwudgies among others has anyone ever been up there if so is it worth the trip?
When you go looking for ghosts in these places be sure to be a ghost leave no clues to your existence and dissapear into thin air!!!!

Urbanexplorer 2006

Offline Dakiel

• Administrator
  • InsaneKarma: +7/-1
    • http://www.insanebunkers.com
Re: Freetown state forest
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2008, 10:35:26 PM »
found this link. http://www.masscrossroads.com/bristolfreetown.html

also a few weeks back the guys from ghosthunters were talking about it on their radio show. didn't hear the whole thing though.

i've been to profile rock before never heard of the other stuff at that time.
Don't worry, if you die....We'll make it.

Offline urbanexplorer

• Trusted Member
    • member gallery
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, 10:43:34 PM »
hey Dakiel
 thats where i read about this place was the site you gave the link for
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 10:47:28 PM by urbanexplorer »
When you go looking for ghosts in these places be sure to be a ghost leave no clues to your existence and dissapear into thin air!!!!

Urbanexplorer 2006

Offline jeepkid

• Lurker-Tourist
  • InsaneKarma: +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 07:27:45 PM »
i  have gone 4 wheeling in freetown many times  during the day its pretty nice gotten stuck there once in summer didnt get the jeep out of the mud till like 9 or 10  was a bit odd  but  the trail followed the gasline so it wasnt that bad . kinnda odd place though  just kinnda sketchy . coppicuct road at night is kinnda  odd very very dark random fog . but some strange structures and  stuff there like an old burned out izizu trooper with the roof cut off.

Offline urbanexplorer

• Trusted Member
    • member gallery
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 08:53:34 PM »
Thanks jeepkid welcome to IB

Urbanexplorer 2006

Offline dudemcrude

• Out of the Closet
  • InsaneKarma: +1/-1
    • http://metaltabs.com
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2008, 02:00:39 AM »
Freetown State Forest is awesome.  I really need to explore more of it.  I go regularly, but I keep going back to the same two general areas- the area around the main parking lot and the area around the Ledge (old rock quarry).  Those sites are both quite good for snake hunting, although not as good as the various sites I've found around Taunton.  I've never seen, heard, smelled, tasted, or felt anything weird there, but I only rarely get those feelings that others eagerly attribute to outside, paranormal sources.

It's fun if you enjoy the woods or observing animals in their element or even being outdoors on a beautiful day.  If you don't, there probably isn't really anything out there for you.  My only regret is that everybody in Bristol County knows where it is and I can't go there without running into 4 or 5 groups of other people and tons of discarded bottles, wrappers, etc.

Offline LB

• Lurker-Tourist
  • InsaneKarma: +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2010, 01:26:55 AM »
Been there four wheeling, it's woods, deep woods with lots of rocks and mud and huge puddles and even some excation that makes for a whole lot of fun.   Being deep woods with no lights it can be scary at night and yes over the years there have been many reports of people going there to hide their less than scupulous deeds.  Something that could have been a wonderful recreation area has gotten a horrendous reputation becuase of a few touched in the head individuals. 

Offline military nut

• Trusted Member
  • Contributor
  • InsaneKarma: +2/-0
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2010, 02:11:00 PM »
the ledge used to be a great party spot back in my partying days, lots of good hiking
history is always eroding