lame ass ghost story

Started by boris, April 26, 2004, 10:45:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
April 26, 2004, 10:45:40 PM Last Edit: April 27, 2004, 02:07:38 AM by boris
so a while ago i went to check out old main,  an abandoned institute not too far from me with a friend of mine....it was a partly cloudy night, full moon, and windy as a ballbuster.  probably in the mid 40's, not couting the wind chill, but i digress....
so we hike up to it, and hear what sounds like chimes. i look up at the building, (which has a rather forboding sillouette, as it is a gothic kirkbride...somewhat similar to danvers.) and decide, what the hell, it must be broken glass and window panes in the wind. we continue to walk around the building (which is surrounded by a 7 foot fence)....and the occasional chiming continues, i'm really not worried about it.
as we get right next to the building, the moans begin. at first, i am pretty disturbed, but  my friend and i reason that it's just the wind.  we continue to circle the building, (which is rather large), and that is when the door slamming begins. when we get to the back of the building, (this is as far away from the administration area as you can get on one side) doors are slamming constantly. it's dark, and there are arches in the back of the building, which i thought were open. this made my theory of the wind causing the  moaning, slamming, and chiming a certainty. it was at this point that the security arrived, and we hit the treeline. they hung out for a while and left. the slamming continued as we walked away.
so the other day, i rolled back there to kill some time. it was windy as hell again, so i was yammering to the person i was with about how freaky the noises that the wind makes are. except this time, we walk the same route, and not one door slams. not one window chimes, and not one moan eminates from the building.  as we look at the building, it becomes obvious why this is the case. the back of the building (which faced the wind direction both times) was, in fact COMPLETELY BOARDED UP.   the plywood was not a new edition either.  the areas that i assumed was open,  were in fact just a few arches that led inward to some boarded up doors, and also a staircase that was chain linked, for the patients, inside of which had several boarded up doors

i'm more than willing to accept that the chiming was an odd window pane, since on the front of the building, some are exposed and the inside is tarped shut (perhaps they are cleaning the asbestos out?)
likewise, the moaning could be some wind going through a gap in the masonry or somthing.
but to slam doors, especially in such a rapid, repeating manner requires a good amount of wind.  more than the little bit that could sneak through a small gap here or there, or even one or two open windows. i would think....

either way, the same conditions were  occuring the 2nd time, and there certainly were none of the noises.  struck me as a little unsettling. maybe someone removed the doors or somthing in the time elapsed......or perhaps it was some other people, already inside the building....fuck if i know.

Damn Boris.  That's a good story.   What was the length of time from the 1st visit to the second?  A week?
Explore, Archive, Share

ya, that is a pretty good story/my guess is that it was people just messing with youre head, they might of seen you guys walking up and decided to mess with you/ hell, me and my buddy used to do the same thing to other people and we probably still would if we saw someone/its real easy to scare people since most are already running ghost stories through their head/if they were people that looked like they were really into exploring we would try to scare them than immediatly introduce ourselves,if they looked like they were trying to act tough or bring their friends,girlfriend,etc. just to try to scare them, we would do our best to scare them off/like i said before, most people are already running ghost stories through their head when they come to these places

nah, now that i think about it, about a month lapsed between the two visits.  i'm more inclined to believe that it isn't anything paranormal....i.e. it was people trying to freak me out or the doors have since been removed. i'd be interested to see if other people have had any similar experiences at that place...or maybe i'll have to bust out some stakeout action to see....
i've read about that happpening to people at met state. the door thing i mean.  although, if it was haunted, wouldn't most people that explore these places see shit, rather than just a few here or there?  A LOT of folks explore mental hospitals,  but only a few come out saying they've experienced anything paranormal.