revisited

Started by military nut, April 24, 2004, 08:48:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
hi everyone.  ive been working on a project for about 6 months now. recently ive been scouring the woods around the company iam head of security for trying to find relics of the old camp myles standish military embarkment camp during the 2nd world war. ive been taking photos and have been looking for things that are left. well one of the old military roads still in existance  leads right into the st school, my main goal is looking for the remenants of the camp which was what it was before the st school was built, but when i got to the grounds i was entranced. it still is an amazing thing to me. that this once proud and beutiful piece of property was left in such decay, i had visited the school a few times in the late 80s when i worked for a criminally insane hospital in bridgewater mass, we occasionally got what was known as a mi/mr section 13 transfer. to but it in laymans terms it was a civilly commited patient that was to violent to be housed in a dmh/dmr faculity. we did return transfers and were given the niclke tour when we went there. several of the buildings were built by the military including the canteen, and power plant.  i dont want to bore you but i spent a good 6 hours exploring in my  glory and not once was i bothered. the pics you all took are awsome and as i revisitred the site i can say i saw 90 percent of those areas in the photos. if my wife dosent object iam going to spend more time looking for the relics of the old camp next weekend. if i ever learn to create a web page i want to post the pics ive taken. this includes many things from old bunkers to a guard tower, and the fence and no mans land for the small stockade that housed german and italian prisioners during the great war.  i have had the priviledge of visiting almost all the state hospitals that have been shut down when they were open, and i especially appreciiate them more now than i ever did on the job. not to sound corny but this site is great, and its brought alot of the old exploration spirit back into me. thanks

nut
history is always eroding

Hello Nut and welcome to the world of Slade Rants!!  (and Insanebunkers.com) hee-hee!  Thank-you for your story and comments we love them very much.  It's great to see that there is more of us out there who love to explore the underworld and bring the past alive. And don't worry a story about exploring is never corny. Just don't expolre with the guy that got himself struck up in a tree for 5 hours, just another crazy insanebunker!!!!!!   Well crack the whiskey bottle open and break out the flashlights.  The Slade Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D  

It was the tree for five hours or the ACI for five years.  :lol:  
Don't worry, if you die....We'll make it.

LOL!  
Explore, Archive, Share

SLADE MAN IS ALIVE WELL JUST VERY VERY BUSY BUT EXPECT A BIG CHAT BOX SOON LOVE ALWAYS SLADE MAN!!! :D