Carbon says farewell to NSH

Started by CarbonCavi, November 23, 2006, 10:32:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Its a sad day today in UE. I have to say goodbye to my legal open door to NSH. As many of you know I am some what knowledged on the Norwich State Hospital property. I have been combing it for 4 years and id like to say I know it more than anyone else. I was originally going there for 3 years under radar, usually up the train tracks, to the oil towers, up the stairs between them, bang a left, hop over the tunnel, duck in on the other side thru the door. Then this past summer I was at the mohegan fireworks every wed with my crew, I decided i wanted a different view and went to the NSH property. Two security guards were there and after bullshitting I asked what they did when they caught people on property. they said they didnt care, soooooo, I went ahead and asked what theyd do if i went in. they said we know nothing just dont get caught by the police if theyre in the area. Fair deal. That night early in June was my first embarking adventure to free roam the grounds without worries. At first I was hesitant being such a big property but I quickly overcame that and soon was a weathered tour guide to many of my friends. I tried taking as many people as possible, to let them experience what I thought was the most interesting piece of local history in the area. I met many new friends along the way including Rob dobi, saw signatures from Mike dijital, and even met up with a few people from IB including urbanexplorer, and the sexy Rider and her sister. This piece of property has intrigued me ever since my first visit, and along the way I have made new friends, experienced unexplainable events, had thrills, chills, and things I will NEVER forget, and a piece of NE history I can bring to the grave with me. I will still continue to explore around the area, except I must now keep my face hidden at NSH as EVERYONE who works there knows me, and I have been told the door has closed for me. My two security friends although I cannot say what has happened, they know longer work for Securitas. What went down has tightened things up there, and even though I dont work there and could still tresspass to a blind eye I was told it was done for good. I do not reccommend people go in there over the next few weeks as there is tightened security measures going on, and is immediate arrest. No more free ticket out. I hope the people who I have shown this place to appreciate it for what it is, and remember the times we had together. Sorry to say NSH but goodbye.

to the great times we had, this is to my friends that I brought up.

.....Goodbye

There used to be this place called BLUNT KINGZ in downtown Norwich...I don't know if it's there anymore LOL
I hide in the shadows and babble about old things.  I appear to most new members of IB.  I might beat you with my cane.

http://adventureswithmeg.weebly.com
http://meganmcgory.smugmug.com
http://meganmcgory.com

I havent been there yet but I really want to go. Too bad I probably wont ever be able to. :(

Can you fix the pictures, please? I really want to see em.

NSH sounds like a really cool place. Im new to exploring so I really dont know... are they demolishing it?

yeah sorry i organized my photobucket so it broke the links. Ill fix them all this afternoon.

heres just a few. i got hundreds

will post more later, off to a car show

Damn dude that place looks nuts.  I really want to go there bad but I heard its alot harder now to get in.  Any tips?  Cool pics man you should post some more

It is an awesome place, one of the best thats actually still left around, the abandond mental hospital era has come to a close, we used to have byberry, danvers, taunton etc. danvers and byberry are gone, taunton is locked up tighter than a bulls ass, and NSH which has stepped up security measures quite drasticaly ill say. I cannot tell you exactly how to get in online incase someone on the dark side is reading sites like this which they probably are, and then give them tips and hints as to where we go in but look at a top view map of the place. Use the trees, bushes and buildings to your advantage for hiding if you have to, remember that they are all connected by a tunnel and pick the best way in that you think. remember many easy openings will be boarded up but once you get into one, you get into them all :-)

Will post more pictures tomorrow, sorry I was running late.

very nice photo from above, not to sound cocky but i have a much much better one on my home comp. Ill upload it tomorrow, im at the ladys house for the night, and since i cant fall asleep, you guys are in luck! more pictures! lol.

and yes a room full of patient files which are still there. pop quiz, anyone know which building they are in? :)
id upload more but its almost midnight and her laptop is about to die and I cant find the damn charger..... enjoy!

The flash earth site is interactive and you can zoom in and move around .
Don't worry, if you die....We'll make it.

yeah its pretty much a google earth right?
heres my picture. I love the detail

proof i was in with security, heres them checking out my car INSIDE the security garage. I used to park inside there when I went to NSH. lol. who can say they got that?

pillroom with pills stillinside it in Kettle in the back of the building

black eggs in fridge

more pictures rolling thru with security and parked in the garage playing xbox lol

I heard somewhere thru the grape vine that someone here heard security budget at nsh is running out? more info please?

I say we go on a giant NSH raid sometime this summer. With all the prominent members of the site. It would be even better if there were no security. This place looks amazing... especially that warehouse thing and the theater. I want to go so bad.

Big news! FBI Bomb Squad is blowing up 1 building tommorow at 7am. That is wednesday. I will be there on my streetbike either on the side of the road somewhere along nsh property or in commuter parking lot if anyone wants to join. Im not sure which building but it will be at 7am. get there early!

Blowing up? WTF? Demolishing it would probably be a better and cheaper way of doing it. I hope its not a main building. :(

some sort of training related im guessing is why

i would not be surprised if the local fire department starts training on those buildings

army already does inner city combat training there. go on the roof to the powerhouse. we spent an hour getting the door to the roof open for everyones enjoyment :-) theres TONS of shells on the second part of the roof where the collapsed chimneys are. Also theres a front end loader and a utility box van cleaning up whichever building it was they demoed. theyre parked at the security parking lot for the night. im interested to know which one it was