Author Topic: Carbon says goodbye to NSH  (Read 9844 times)

Offline CarbonCavi

• Trusted Member
  • InsaneKarma: +18/-11
    • MYSPACE!
Carbon says goodbye to NSH
« on: November 22, 2006, 06:24:08 PM »
Its a sad day today in UE. I have to say goodbye to my legal open door to NSH. As many of you know I am some what knowledged on the Norwich State Hospital property. I have been combing it for 4 years and id like to say I know it more than anyone else. I was originally going there for 3 years under radar, usually up the train tracks, to the oil towers, up the stairs between them, bang a left, hop over the tunnel, duck in on the other side thru the door. Then this past summer I was at the mohegan fireworks every wed with my crew, I decided i wanted a different view and went to the NSH property. Two security guards were there and after bullshitting I asked what they did when they caught people on property. they said they didnt care, soooooo, I went ahead and asked what theyd do if i went in. they said we know nothing just dont get caught by the police if theyre in the area. Fair deal. That night early in June was my first embarking adventure to free roam the grounds without worries. At first I was hesitant being such a big property but I quickly overcame that and soon was a weathered tour guide to many of my friends. I tried taking as many people as possible, to let them experience what I thought was the most interesting piece of local history in the area. I met many new friends along the way including Rob dobi, saw signatures from Mike dijital, and even met up with a few people from IB including urbanexplorer, and the sexy Rider and her sister. This piece of property has intrigued me ever since my first visit, and along the way I have made new friends, experienced unexplainable events, had thrills, chills, and things I will NEVER forget, and a piece of NE history I can bring to the grave with me. I will still continue to explore around the area, except I must now keep my face hidden at NSH as EVERYONE who works there knows me, and I have been told the door has closed for me. My two security friends although I cannot say what has happened, they know longer work for Securitas. What went down has tightened things up there, and even though I dont work there and could still tresspass to a blind eye I was told it was done for good. I do not reccommend people go in there over the next few weeks as there is tightened security measures going on, and is immediate arrest. No more free ticket out. I hope the people who I have shown this place to appreciate it for what it is, and remember the times we had together. Sorry to say NSH but goodbye.
Im lethal from a 2nd gear roll.

Offline PaulaPea2

• Lurker-Tourist
  • InsaneKarma: +1/-0
Re: Carbon says goodbye to NSH
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 08:42:23 PM »
That sucks dude.............

You really should write some sort of formal account of your travels. (released after its gone)

Offline Megster

• Crazy Cat Lady of IB
  • Administrator
  • InsaneKarma: +15/-3
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2006, 10:20:00 PM »
Carbon-

Thanks for the warning.  Your pics of the place are amazing.  Maybe we'll meet up and explore someday!

Who knows, maybe Utopia will fall through, and if Securitas ever leaves...well....hahahahahaaaa!!
I hide in the shadows and babble about old things.  I appear to most new members of IB.  I might beat you with my cane.

http://adventureswithmeg.weebly.com
http://meganmcgory.smugmug.com
http://meganmcgory.com

Offline CarbonCavi

• Trusted Member
    • MYSPACE!
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2006, 12:34:44 AM »
Paula, I would actually really like to do that, I would need help with it tho as my hillbilly upraising would leave it very rough around the edges lol.

Megster - Yes someday we should deffinitly hunt down some spots in CT and take them on IB style!
Utopia fell thru today in a 8-0 unanimous vote. Gentile didnt even show his fat face at the meeting. dick.
Securitas will be around till the end unfortunitly. Who knows, I might go apply there just to keep my thrive alive...... I need a second job anyway, Foxwoods pays shitty. 10.55 isnt enough these days.

Offline Megster

• Crazy Cat Lady of IB
  • Administrator
  • InsaneKarma: +15/-3
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2006, 02:43:37 AM »
LOL let's both get jobs there, I have a feeling I'm about to be fired from the Resident sooooooo shit.

So much for Utopia. 

Let's just buy NSH from the state for $1.  :-p
I hide in the shadows and babble about old things.  I appear to most new members of IB.  I might beat you with my cane.

http://adventureswithmeg.weebly.com
http://meganmcgory.smugmug.com
http://meganmcgory.com

Offline CarbonCavi

• Trusted Member
    • MYSPACE!
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2006, 10:13:02 AM »
haha fuck yeah lets do it up. UE and getting paid, shit cant beat it. fuck a doller, ill give them 5. high roller right here lol.

Offline PaulaPea2

• Lurker-Tourist
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2006, 11:15:36 AM »
No problem!

You write, I'll edit.

Do you have a recorder? Just start talkin".............

Offline CarbonCavi

• Trusted Member
    • MYSPACE!
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2006, 12:31:17 PM »
lol nah but i have plenty of car parts! lol

Offline mike01166

• Lurker-Tourist
  • InsaneKarma: +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2006, 01:05:47 PM »
i know another cool building that you guys could check out that I have been in before, Triangle Wire in Jewett City. Its fun to go into, has a small tunnel , neat little building.

Offline urbanexplorer

• Damn! the cops are right in back of us ............heres the keys you drive
  • Trusted Member
  • This fight could be the last fight !
    • member gallery
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2006, 09:59:13 PM »
ue drops in like death from above unannounced and making everyone say what the f^&% happened
plenty of time to out run them fuckers at nsh there carbon, utopia schmootopia you are the king of nsh bar none so kick them in the nuts and get an injunction citing nsh as a historic landmark hmmmm ive only been there once not in it but to it but if memory serves there is a kirkbride on site y/n? if there is you may just win such a battle i know norwich preservation dont give a shit but the national historic register might! if you can put up with the bureaucratic bullshit because you know there will be plenty of that.  :wacko:
When you go looking for ghosts in these places be sure to be a ghost leave no clues to your existence and dissapear into thin air!!!!

Urbanexplorer 2006

Offline CarbonCavi

• Trusted Member
    • MYSPACE!
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2006, 12:36:15 AM »
::bows:: thank you thank
lol hum kirkbride im not sure, not that I know exactly what one is. There is a building called KirkbridGe.... which i have picture of in my album. Eutopia is gone thank god, but there is a new developer considering the property. looks like a fag and a half, but with what hes planning he says he plans to keep most if not all of the buildings as he says they are beautifully designed. hum maybe a fag and half but in this case hes queer and hes here. he says he can have the money in 2 weeks. so hum if this be the case go him. at least itll look the same when i drive by and i wont see a giant god damn ferris wheel.

Offline urbanexplorer

• Damn! the cops are right in back of us ............heres the keys you drive
  • Trusted Member
  • This fight could be the last fight !
    • member gallery
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2006, 01:01:31 AM »
or security
When you go looking for ghosts in these places be sure to be a ghost leave no clues to your existence and dissapear into thin air!!!!

Urbanexplorer 2006

Offline CarbonCavi

• Trusted Member
    • MYSPACE!
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2006, 09:19:35 AM »
lol so true so true

Offline CarbonCavi

• Trusted Member
    • MYSPACE!
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2009, 11:05:24 AM »
suck my ass

Offline zman

• Contributor
  • InsaneKarma: +3/-1
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2010, 08:26:54 AM »
http://www.theday.com/article/20100305/NWS01/303059893/-1/nws

Published 03/05/2010 12:00 AMUpdated 03/05/2010 02:28 AM

Preston - The Board of Selectmen agreed with the Preston Redevelopment Agency and approved maintaining a security presence on a month-to-month basis until the town selects a developer for the former Norwich Hospital property.

For the past year, the state has been paying for security at the site, but the 24-hour presence will end on March 12, leaving the town responsible for coverage.

Until the agency completes its requests for proposals, it needs to provide on-site security. When a developer is selected, it becomes their responsibility.

With the daily presence of the Public Works Department, the demolition crews and other construction crews, the PRA is reviewing whether the security detail will only be needed overnight.