Ladd School and Court

Started by joeycinqs, November 20, 2006, 04:30:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey what's up guys,
            I'm sought of new to this site, been looking around on it and enjoy it alot. But anyway I was at the Ladd School a few weeks ago and was caught by the cops. They gave me ticket and a court date. I was just wondering if anything like this has happened to anyone on here. If so any ideas on what to say and do. Thanks for your help.
                                                                                                    Joe

Hi Joe,
Glad you posted and passed on your experience.  If anything, it speaks to the fact that Ladd School is still being closely monitored and the police are acting with an iron fist on charging folks with tresspassing.   

I wish I had some advice for you.   

Maybe you could visit us back after your court date and let us know how things went?
Explore, Archive, Share

joe - what were the exact circumstances?  did you break in or just walk in?  did they get you on anything except tresspassing?  get back to me... - dan -

Hey bud, give some more details about how you were caught, there have been people on here that have gone through stuff like this as well, but we'd need more info to help...
The Squat Team - SquatTeam.org
Hi my name is Prometheus and I'm a historian criminal.

wow that sucks.  Hope all turns out well.
I hide in the shadows and babble about old things.  I appear to most new members of IB.  I might beat you with my cane.

http://adventureswithmeg.weebly.com
http://meganmcgory.smugmug.com
http://meganmcgory.com

well they did not catch us inside the buiilding they saw my car parked on one of the roads. They have no proof that i was inside of the building, but as i left they pulled me over. I was thinking that maybe I should just say that I was walking on the grounds taking pictures or something like that. Thanks for the help and if you guys have nay other information please get back to me.

Quote from: joeycinqs on November 21, 2006, 10:21:24 PM
well they did not catch us inside the buiilding they saw my car parked on one of the roads. They have no proof that i was inside of the building, but as i left they pulled me over. I was thinking that maybe I should just say that I was walking on the grounds taking pictures or something like that. Thanks for the help and if you guys have nay other information please get back to me.

I am wondering where you first saw the police car; that is to say, where were they waiting to pull you over?

Was it State Police, and how were you treated? Did they give you any opportunity to explain yourself?

What did they tell you? Did they say they saw your car parked, or are you just assuming?

Were you searched, and did you have a camera on your person?

Were you alone, or with others?

And what is the nature of the charge ... is it misdemeanor tresspassing?

Sorry for the interrogation, but there are so many questions ... and these are the sort of things that I think would be important for all of us to know.

joe - what were the exact charges you got ...?

at that point i woulda just whipped my nuts out and set them on his chin. but let us know how everything goes

It Was the State police and they were wainting for me. They didnt give me any chance to explain and they were major assholes. They threw my license and registartion back in my face litearlly threw it. I was not searched and I was with others. They didnt even tell me the actuall charge that i had gotten.

Im usually not scared of anyone, but RI state troopers make me shit myself in ways i never thought possible. I can totally relate on them being assholes lol

...sonsabitches.  where was your vehicle parked?  what did you get the ticket for?

i just wanted let you guys know that I went to court and I got tem huors of community service. Im happy with it cause it coulkd have been alot worse. Thanks for your help and support.

ah fuck you got off easy! how did it play out? what did they ask you and what were you charged for? when i had to do community service when i got caught streetracing I had 25 hours but they guy where i did them always put down double for whatever i worked for the day. had that shit done in like 3 days lol.

November 28, 2006, 11:03:39 PM #15 Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 01:53:45 PM by joeycinqs
i only got 10 hours. they charged me with trespassing but i had my cousin who is a lawyer come with me. He sought of knew the judge so they took it easy.

November 29, 2006, 06:47:56 PM #16 Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 06:50:19 PM by skully
On behalf of the forum here and that fact that we live in a free country that allows freedom of speech, allow me to spout the following from my pissed off mouth:

To the state police of RI:  You have got to be kidding me.  This is what you are doing?  Protecting an empty building?  Disrespecting citizens by throwing their state-issued license in someone's face?  Unbelievable.
Here's my recommendation:  Go get the real criminals out there please, protect our families, seek out corruption in our town police departments and governments.  Do your fucking job please.  I know you're reading too.  Sigh...

Explore, Archive, Share

November 29, 2006, 08:59:54 PM #18 Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 09:01:43 PM by urbanexplorer
well we can tell who doesnt live in ri brother lol how ya been skully?
oh and by the way the roads that surround ladd Main street and gaspee road are umm public roads so if your on the road they really cant do shit to ya but than again we are in rhode island and you know the saying
come to rhode island on vacation and leave rhode island on probation
its all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
When you go looking for ghosts in these places be sure to be a ghost leave no clues to your existence and dissapear into thin air!!!!

Urbanexplorer 2006

oh heres a little thing for ladd .....................bikes
get the sat map from google of ladd and youll understand my madness
When you go looking for ghosts in these places be sure to be a ghost leave no clues to your existence and dissapear into thin air!!!!

Urbanexplorer 2006

skully you are the fucking man! honestly tho hes right! you should see them, ok the old guys in town they all meet up and go to tim hortons every night and bullshit and drink theyre coffees. the young crowd such as myself go to wendys and bullshit. same thing just down the road. and we all buy something as well. now, we get busted for loitering yet theyre left alone?! we dont litter, dont block buisness, dont harass anyone, just line up with windows down and yack. but they hassle us. same deal here.
but yes i agree bikes would be a great thing to have at ladd. or a supercharger. lol Id like to see the cops try and chase me :-)

Heh.

I'm a Rhode Island native.  Born in Providence, actually a Cranston boy.  My first urban exploration was witnessing an active chemical plant, Ciba Geigy, piping chemicals directly into the Pawtuxet River.  Stunk pretty bad too, like the corruption in that state.  Got to love the beaches though.

Good to see you back Urbanexplorer.  Love the vacation/probation thing.  (I'm sure there's a third part of that... something about masterbation).

Carbon-   It's good to know those guy's schedules though huh?  Tim Hortons runs...lol
Explore, Archive, Share

yay Skully!!!!!!!!

Yeah...we're photographers, not gangstas.  

We're like...rogue historians and photo-journalists.  We come in peace...lol

P.S. Skully...RI is like my second home, I dated someone there for a couple years.  He grew up in Coventry but then moved to Cranston and then to West Warwick so I know that area too well for having never lived there LOL.  He used to live on Clark Ave. in Cranston.  Actually I just came home from RI--my ex and I caught an advance screening of Van Wilder 2 up at Providence Place.
I hide in the shadows and babble about old things.  I appear to most new members of IB.  I might beat you with my cane.

http://adventureswithmeg.weebly.com
http://meganmcgory.smugmug.com
http://meganmcgory.com

lol skully - I always stay two steps ahead of everyone else, and ontop of the bacon in the area.

yeh what carbon said  :ph34r:

Urbanexplorer 2006

lol UE we had a personal experience over at ladd with staties once, member that one?

... and fuck you.
The Squat Team - SquatTeam.org
Hi my name is Prometheus and I'm a historian criminal.

yeah i remember some pretty cold feet at weatherall because of the staties that night

Urbanexplorer 2006

omg, that night was nuts. lets do it again next week!

February 14, 2007, 09:18:52 PM #29 Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 09:22:20 PM by urbanexplorer

Quote from: skully on November 29, 2006, 06:47:56 PM
On behalf of the forum here and that fact that we live in a free country that allows freedom of speech, allow me to spout the following from my pissed off mouth:

To the state police of RI:  You have got to be kidding me.  This is what you are doing?  Protecting an empty building?  Disrespecting citizens by throwing their state-issued license in someone's face?  Unbelievable.
Here's my recommendation:  Go get the real criminals out there please, protect our families, seek out corruption in our town police departments and governments.  Do your fucking job please.  I know you're reading too.  Sigh...

Umm yeah i agree with this 100%

Urbanexplorer 2006