Danvers

Started by Agent51, April 22, 2004, 01:11:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
April 22, 2004, 01:11:56 AM Last Edit: April 22, 2004, 01:25:27 AM by Agent51
Hey guys, first off, I wanna say "Hi" since I'm a new member.  I have been into UE for a long time now and never even knew this site, or sites like it, existed.  I live in Southern RI (Newport) so I have run out of places to explore pretty quick as I basically had to rely on word of mouth to find places and not many people are into UE here so the list was very short.  Anyhoo, on to Danvers State Insane Asylum.  First off, has anyone here seen the movie Session 9?  If not, I suggest you at least rent it. It was filmed in Danvers.  When I first saw Danvers on this site I instantly thought "Oh My God, it's the Session 9 place" so I did a bit of research and discovered it is.  Here is a brief summary of Session 9:

"Few things are more sure-fire creepy than huge abandoned buildings, and Session 9 has one of the eeriest buildings you've ever seen. A hazardous-materials-cleanup company has been hired to eliminate asbestos tiles and other toxic material from a gigantic mental hospital that had been shut down in the 1980s. But as one member of the team starts to nose into old files in the office, he uncovers a series of tape recordings of psychiatric sessions--nine of them--related to a notorious sexual abuse case. Soon, toxic materials and dark spirits start to merge. Like The Blair Witch Project (and most horror movies, really), Session 9 is longer on atmosphere and dream logic than story--but the atmosphere is effectively unsettling. A strong cast (including Peter Mullan, David Caruso, and Brendan Sexton III) do an effective job of slowly cracking under stress and evil influences."

AWESOME horror movie.  It is one of those movies that you feel COULD really happen, which makes it scary.  It doesn't have monsters running around eating people which you know will never happen.  I plan on watching the movie again and then making a trip to check out Danvers in person, which leads me to my next question, Has anyone been (obviously SOMEONE here has been since there are pics) to Danvers and, if so, what is the security like (if any) and how is access to the place?  Is it easy to get to/inside of or do I gotta pull some Navy SEAL shit?  I like to explore my places at night (especially haunted/creepy ones) because it makes it way cooler/creepier so I will be going at night and I am shooting for going this Friday so if anyone has any tips for entry or anything else, I'd appreciate em.  Thanks, and sorry for the damn novel-length post, late.
"Now you may ask why, why such a blue sky, of all the colors on a pallette that you might try" - Pennywise

that movie is the balls.
somewhat scary.  especially if you believe in demonic possession or the spooky spooky and whatnot.