IB Shirt Design Contest

Started by skully, August 21, 2006, 05:53:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
We need your help.  We've been dying to get new T-Shirts going here on the site.  First, The Coach (the lazy bastard), promised some designs, then another art-dude from my work was going to do a design.  Now, we're left with nada.

So, I figured it would be a good idea to reach out to you folks who are the IB community to see if you had any Photoshop or Illustrator skillz and see what you could do with a design.

This is what Dakiel and I were thinking.  If you had other (even radical) ideas, we're up for them too:

-Need a understated cool InsaneBunkers design to go on a black T-Shirt.  For women, a cool graphic for a black tank top.
-Image front/back whatever you think.

So, put your creative caps on and let's go at it.  Post some JPGs of your designs in this thread and then we'll vote.  The top design will be used on a limited run of IB swag.  The top designer will get a free shirt/tank.

What'd think?

Oh, one last thing- a disclaimer.  In order for a design to win, we will need a high resolution file.  Any artwork, winning or not, will be the property of IB.  Any shirts/tanks sold in the future from this site, will not be sold for profit, but to only recoup the cost of the clothing.  Expect us to offer the shirts as cheap as we can.  As you all know here, we don't run this site for profit, just for fun (even though it costs us money each month).   The artwork will be credited to the artist whenever used- on clothing, or the site.
Explore, Archive, Share

Unless it's cold, tank tops are the best for exploring...not to mention hot.  hahaha.  Can't wait to see some of the designs.

What about black hoodies? Fall is coming.
I hide in the shadows and babble about old things.  I appear to most new members of IB.  I might beat you with my cane.

http://adventureswithmeg.weebly.com
http://meganmcgory.smugmug.com
http://meganmcgory.com

Come on gang.  I know we have some closet creative people here.  Don't be shy.   Who's game to make a design??
Explore, Archive, Share

I haven't had free time lately... I've only got MS Paint at work :(
The Squat Team - SquatTeam.org
Hi my name is Prometheus and I'm a historian criminal.

Can you give the maximum, printable dimensions of the design, in inches?

I suppose an X-Large t-shirt would be your largest canvas; so what would be the maximum printable area?

Hmmm...  Didn't think about the largest image size.  Here's what Cafe Press uses for dimensions:
http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/help/help_image_sizes.aspx
Explore, Archive, Share

Does Cafe Press print on black t-shirts? I took a look around the site, and it looks like they only print on white, and then there are a couple of other colors; yellow, green ...

I'm not 100% certain, but I think you would need to do a screen-print if you want to apply a design to black apparel. They print on black baseball caps, but it appears that the design is printed onto a patch, which is then applied to the hat.

I wouldn't worry about that.  I was only using Cafe Press as a rough guestimate of sizes.  Not even sure we'd use them.  I have a local company I prefer to use.  I like the idea however that Cafe Press can do the distribution.  I'd say just do for whatever concept you have in your mind with the t-shirt/tank being your canvas.
Explore, Archive, Share

they do have black t-shirts, they didn't before.

How about this one?

Excellent.  We have one concept now!  Pro- were you thinking that it would go on the back of a black shirt or on the front?
Explore, Archive, Share

no idea, I was just working at something... whatever you guys want.
note that was made exclusively with cooltext.com and MS Paint. I kick ass.

my idea has always been a biker style T-shirt with a logo on the left breast and a design on the back. :wacko:
Don't worry, if you die....We'll make it.

would that work for the back in your vision? maybe someone can photoshop a curve into it?

Quote from: skully on August 21, 2006, 05:53:58 PM
First, The Coach (the lazy bastard), promised some designs

yes. Here is one now. It is for your pocket. It is so understated it is invisible.

and dude, i told you like last year that the graphics i made look like sh*#^-^7t on a textured background.....dark grey if you must, but  this shit makes my pretend talent no so comforting anymore - please help me help you.

fixed my avatar!

eat this wallpaper.....I MADE IT BITCHES!

By texture, you mean the shirt texture or the shirt color?  I'm confused..

Quote from: TheCoach on October 12, 2006, 09:43:13 PM
Quote from: skully on August 21, 2006, 05:53:58 PM
First, The Coach (the lazy bastard), promised some designs

yes. Here is one now. It is for your pocket. It is so understated it is invisible.

and dude, i told you like last year that the graphics i made look like sh*#^-^7t on a textured background.....dark grey if you must, but  this shit makes my pretend talent no so comforting anymore - please help me help you.

Explore, Archive, Share

This is awesome.  Can you re-spin the image to 1600x1200?

Quote from: TheCoach on October 12, 2006, 09:53:34 PM
fixed my avatar!

eat this wallpaper.....I MADE IT BITCHES!
Explore, Archive, Share

@skully - The texture on the background of this site.

the little logo is also available w/o the black background for use on any color shirt if interested. I'll see if I can resize the wall for you

Cool..  Thanks Coach.
Explore, Archive, Share