Author Topic: Night Time Options for Video Camera's  (Read 6607 times)

Offline DeMiNe0

• Out of the Closet
  • InsaneKarma: +0/-0
Night Time Options for Video Camera's
« on: July 23, 2006, 11:53:46 PM »
I just got a JVC GZ-MG21U Hard Drive Camcorder. Oh my god.. I LOVE this thing... It's light weight, small, and easy to use. It can store ALOT of video as well. One of the better things about it as well is the fact that to pull 7 hours of video off the device it only takes 15 minutes, and it's allready in mpeg format..

The downsides of this device are very little....
The stock battery only has an hour long life time.. Although I have an extended battery as well, so I have a total of 8 hours of life for filming.

The second and only other downside is.. No Night Vision.. From my understanding, their are alot of camera's that do have this. JVC fell short on this though. :(
Although is does have a very well working slow shutter mode, to allow more light in, i rather not have the choppy video, and have to rely on a flood light to get really good footage.

Is there a good solution to give my JVC night vision? Lets say a night vision Monoscope or something?

Offline Zombie Warfare

• Lurker-Tourist
  • Bara hack Cemetary
Re: Night Time Options for Video Camera's
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 06:12:16 PM »
I have a cheap little alternative for you.. It's nothing real spectacular, but it'll get the job done when you want to take photographs in the dark. http://www.g4tv.com/attackoftheshow/features/52639/How_To_CVS_Night_Vision_Cam.html << For $35.00 you can mod a CVS camera and make it into a night vision cam, pretty cool huh?

Offline DeMiNe0

• Out of the Closet
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 10:27:30 PM »
I dout that would work to well on my JVC. Although an IR flash light might do the trick. I just need to find an IR flood light that can run for long periods.

Offline DeMiNe0

• Out of the Closet
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 01:45:44 PM »
wow.... MAD old...

I actually ditched that old JVC after it stopped working from being in a really cold car. I got a sony that has awesome night shot.