Author Topic: This was twisted!  (Read 8103 times)

Offline elpresidente

• Contributor
  • InsaneKarma: +1/-0
  • I'll tell ya why TK-421 isn't at his post!
This was twisted!
« on: June 29, 2006, 01:03:12 PM »
Grave Robber Sentenced

Caledonia District Court

BY JAMES JARDINE Staff Writer

ST. JOHNSBURY, VT - A Morrisville teenager who broke into a tomb and used a hacksaw to cut the head off of a corpse was sentenced Wednesday afternoon to 1 to 7 years in prison.

Nickolas Buckalew, 18, pleaded guilty in Caledonia District Court to a felony charge of intentionally removing or injuring a tombstone and a felony charge of intentionally disinterring and carrying away the remains of a human body.

The Lamoille County case was transferred to the Caledonia courthouse in St. Johnsbury after a waterline failure left the Hyde Park courthouse without water.

On April 8, 2005, Buckalew went to a cemetery on the Washington highway in Morrisville and broke into an above-ground tomb, opened the lid of a casket and cut off the head of a corpse. He wrapped the head in plastic bags and took it home. He also stole eyeglasses and a bow tie from the corpse.

Buckalew told witnesses he intended to leave the severed head out and would then bleach it, according to the affidavit of Senior Patrolman Ryan Bjerke of the Morristown Police Department. He told witnesses he intended to turn the skull into a bong, which is a type of pipe used to smoke marijuana or other drugs.

After removing the head from the corpse, Buckalew went to an apartment house where he told residents of an apartment what he had done and that he had done the crimes because he was bored, according to police, who did not identify the witnesses because they are juveniles.

Buckalew was described by witnesses as "Gothic," wearing all black clothing with spiked hair.

Witnesses went to the tomb to see if Buckalew did as he claimed and they looked through holes in the tomb and saw that the lid had been removed from a casket and there was a headless body in the casket.

On April 9 at 2:45 p.m., Morristown police executed a search warrant at Buckalew's residence located at 1591 Elmore St. in Morrisville. They found a human head wrapped in bags, a necktie, a hacksaw, crowbar, garden trowel and two small parts of the damaged casket.

During Wednesday afternoon's sentencing hearing, Judge Dennis Pearson upheld the plea agreement between the state and the defendant and sentenced Buckalew to a total of 1 to 7 years to serve in prison. Buckalew was given credit for the 14 months he's served in prison awaiting trial. He will be sent to Spring Lake Ranch in Cuttingsville, Vt., a therapeutic community residential treatment program, where he will obtain intensive counseling for mental health issues. He will remain there for an indeterminate period under a conditional community reentry program. He will be in the custody of the Department of Corrections for up to seven years under the conditional reentry program.

Dr. Philip Kinsler, a clinical psychologist and adjunct assistant professor of psychiatry at the Dartmouth Medical School in Hanover, N.H., testified that Buckalew suffered from a bipolar disorder that was described as "biologically based mental illness." He testified learning from Buckalew that "he has always felt extraordinarily out of place" and that Buckalew told him that in the fourth grade he attempted to hang himself.

The witness told the court Buckalew also engaged in self-mutilation behavior.

Dr. Kinsler told the court "the defendant can be rehabilitated" and that he supported the plan to place Buckalew at the Spring Lake Ranch for treatment.

Buckalew, with a short haircut and wearing black framed glasses, was dressed in a light brown suit. He was quiet and expressionless throughout the hearing. At the end of the hearing, he addressed the court saying, "It was a horrendous thing that I did -- what I did was appalling." He told the court, "I didn't think of the victim." Buckalew told the court: "I want to get help for my mental problems."

From the Caledonian-Record Online
http://www.caledonianrecord.com

"hey look man... I made a BONG OUT OF MY HEAD!!!"
-Denis Leary
Don't waive your rights with your flags.
-Sage Francis

Offline urbanexplorer

• Damn! the cops are right in back of us ............heres the keys you drive
  • Trusted Member
  • This fight could be the last fight !
    • member gallery
Re: This was twisted!
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 09:24:54 PM »
hey i found a picture of this guy on the net
When you go looking for ghosts in these places be sure to be a ghost leave no clues to your existence and dissapear into thin air!!!!

Urbanexplorer 2006

Offline Megster

• Crazy Cat Lady of IB
  • Administrator
  • InsaneKarma: +15/-3
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2006, 11:28:39 AM »
Oh that's good, mention the guy has bipolar disorder and he was a goth stoner, and now everyone thinks that all bipolar goth stoners are going to run around stealing heads!

...And people wonder where the stigmas attached to all this stuff comes from.

But that is just whacked.    I mean, I realize there's not much to do in Vermont, but that's just ridiculous.
I hide in the shadows and babble about old things.  I appear to most new members of IB.  I might beat you with my cane.

http://adventureswithmeg.weebly.com
http://meganmcgory.smugmug.com
http://meganmcgory.com

Offline elpresidente

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2006, 06:44:45 PM »
Oh that's good, mention the guy has bipolar disorder and he was a goth stoner, and now everyone thinks that all bipolar goth stoners are going to run around stealing heads!

...And people wonder where the stigmas attached to all this stuff comes from.

But that is just whacked.    I mean, I realize there's not much to do in Vermont, but that's just ridiculous.

It's always a shame when they attach some sort of subcultural reference, which usually is musical in nature, to a criminal behaviour- to me it opens the door to the censorshit.. sorry censorship argument.  I still hate tipper gore and the PMRC - parents should do their job not demand that the government impose standards of censorship on art in any medium.

*steps off soapbox*
-Sage Francis

Offline CarbonCavi

• Trusted Member
  • InsaneKarma: +18/-11
    • MYSPACE!
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2006, 04:28:46 AM »
another one of those gothic my dad hates me assholes. he needs a good old new england ass kicking
Im lethal from a 2nd gear roll.

Offline Prometheus

• Contributor
  • InsaneKarma: +0/-0
  • The New SquatTeam.org
    • The Squat Team - SquatTeam.Org
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2006, 10:09:12 AM »
seriously, shoulders are way easier to make a bong out of... what an idiot.
The Squat Team - SquatTeam.org
Hi my name is Prometheus and I'm a historian criminal.

Offline elpresidente

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2006, 12:10:48 PM »
another one of those gothic my dad hates me assholes. he needs a good old new england ass kicking

lol I used to be in a punk band that had at least 3 different songs about kicking goth kids asses- well 2 about kicking their asses and 1 about giving them swirlees!
-Sage Francis

Offline urbanexplorer

• Damn! the cops are right in back of us ............heres the keys you drive
  • Trusted Member
  • This fight could be the last fight !
    • member gallery
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2006, 12:22:51 PM »
to the tune of "Boulevard Of Broken Dreams" by green day.....................................

I walk a lonely road cuz i called the cops on a UE guy
The only one that I have ever known
Don't know where it goes
But some UE guy gave me a swirlee and now I walk alone

I walk this empty street
On the Boulevard of Broken Dreams
Cuz of the swirlee my hair cant sleep
and I'm the only one and I walk alone

My Swirlees the only one that walks beside me
My  Swirlees  heart's the only thing that's beating
Sometimes I wish someone out there will find me a comb
'Til then I walk alone

now i dont care who you are thats funny!! :wacko:
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 12:07:38 PM by urbanexplorer »
When you go looking for ghosts in these places be sure to be a ghost leave no clues to your existence and dissapear into thin air!!!!

Urbanexplorer 2006

Offline elpresidente

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2006, 12:42:21 PM »
to the tune of "Boulevard Of Broken Dreams" by green day.....................................

I walk a lonely road
The only one that I have ever known
Don't know where it goes
But some UE guy gave me a swirlee and now I walk alone

I walk this empty street
On the Boulevard of Broken Dreams
Cuz of the swirlee my hair cant sleep
and I'm the only one and I walk alone

My Swirlees the only one that walks beside me
My  Swirlees  heart's the only thing that's beating
Sometimes I wish someone out there will find me a comb
'Til then I walk alone

now i dont care who you are thats funny!! :wacko:

lol
I would reprint the song we used to do, but the lyrics really were dreadful and childish.
-Sage Francis

Offline CarbonCavi

• Trusted Member
  • InsaneKarma: +18/-11
    • MYSPACE!
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2006, 09:22:35 PM »
lmfao thats some funny shit UE! lol. i almost spit ben and jerrys on my keyboard.
lol these assholes tried to give my friend evan a swirley, he hung on to the handicap rails and said nooooo im not goin innn! then the teacher walked in....
Im lethal from a 2nd gear roll.

Offline elpresidente

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2006, 11:58:58 AM »
Lol just the word swirlee has me cracking up.  How cool is insane bunkers for having a conversation about swirlees?!  That's like 10,000 extra punk rawk points!
-Sage Francis