asylum links..just a few if your interested

Started by PaExplorations, April 09, 2004, 07:37:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
ok i dont know how much you guys are into asylums but here are a few links i found while i was researching pennsylvania hospitals....have fun..

asylum book list

asylum info in movies etc.

out of site out of mind

does anyone agree that some of the best designs were old st hospitals and st schools. ive visited many in the state of massachusetts in the course of job duties and found them to be incredible sights to look at 2 in mind are in south east mass and one north of boston. these have been posted and pics have been taken by you at i.b. its amazing how much went into these places to look so good on the outside and how much devious  insanity went on on the inside.
history is always eroding

im just glad my parents didnt decide to put me in a place like that......but i didnt go nuts till i got a little older......thanks mom and dad.... :lol:  

thanks for the links, i am interested in abandoned asylums, although i have to admit i don't visit them very often
there sure are a shitload of them around though, huh? there's at least 8 in massachusetts alone, and that's not  even counting the "schools" for the mentally handiacpped. just abandoned/shut down hospitals.  i guess there is no shortage of them in the new york/new jersey/pennsylvania area as well.
i made a list of hospitals complete with the state they are in once because i am a wicked dork. i think some are demolished but i can email it to you if you want, although i don't think there is anything on the list you wouldn't find by typing "abandoned mental hospital" or somthing to that effect in on google and going from there.

well being there were 40 state hospitals in pennsylvania and now are only 9 i have alot of research to do....that would be cool if you could mail me a list, one of these days i want to get to nj and ny to see a few of them.....i was back at Pennhurst today , i just cant stay away ...lol the bad energy is making me go insaneeeee :ph43r:  

oh yeah, i think i understand what you mean about the bad energy. one time when i went to Met state i was freaking out for 3 days. i didn't even go into the main complex since it was all boarded up. i probably sound like a fruit but when i walked onto the campus, i just felt this incredible unwelcoming energy. whether or not it was me psyching myself out or not, i dunno, it probably was, but either way, damn. it was a terrible feeling, and yet, it drew me to it. the bad feeling probably had a lot to do with me knowing a lot of the specific bogus shit that went down there, from researching it beforehand. i figure it must be my mind fucking with me, because a billion people i've run into who grew up in that area used to go there all the time, many to just do drugs. nothing seemed to bother them...
and yet, i felt almost depressed just walking near the buildings. they probably would too if they knew what happened there. to people who don't know it is just another abandoned building probably.

riiight... so that was quite an essay.
anyway, i doubt my list is very comprehensive, i had no idea there were 40 hospitals in PA, i think i have like 2 or 3 on my list. but i have a buncha NJ shit, so i'll send it along.  you might want to check to see if the places still exist because a few definitly don't, i forget which ones.

i get like that everytime i go to pennhurst. i think maybe i read to much about the place and now seeing it, it just freaks me out for days on end, but i keep going back. hell im going back again this weekend and i keep saying this is the last time only a few more things i wanna see.....maybe im possesed....or is that dakiel doing weird shit with my pics again...... :lol: