what is urban exploration?

Started by urbanexplorer, June 24, 2006, 11:59:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
June 24, 2006, 11:59:05 AM Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 07:01:24 PM by urbanexplorer
Is urban exploration about going to abandoned places and taking pictures? is it about seeing historically significant places before they are gone? is it about the thrill of being where your not supposed to be and getting away if detected? i could go on with questions like these all day long, but in my opinion urban exploration is like anything else in life it is what each person needs or wants it to be. There are no rules and no qualifications to meet except those set by the individual for themself.
In my case it is about going to places either forgotten or abandoned ,it is also about finding the difference between fact or fiction of urban legends and also about seeing the obscure and doing things that a lot of people either wont do or don't want to do when it comes right down to it for this explorer it is about having fun and taking pictures of where Ive been because in the end all that we will have is our memories of past experiences
When you go looking for ghosts in these places be sure to be a ghost leave no clues to your existence and dissapear into thin air!!!!

Urbanexplorer 2006

Well said, urbanexplorer.  When I visit places, my mind's eye tends to fill in the past.  In the case of bunkers, I can almost see ammunition being shuttled around, millitary personnel going back and forth.  It's all about the history for me.  What we've found however is that there is ALWAYS another story, one much more interesting...
Explore, Archive, Share