Author Topic: murder in Knotty oak cemetery  (Read 12201 times)

Offline DNA81

• Contributor
  • InsaneKarma: +1/-0
murder in Knotty oak cemetery
« on: June 20, 2006, 09:41:01 PM »
Does anyone remember around the late 80s when someone got killed in a cemetery near 117? I tried to find some info on it on the net but couldnt. I lived nearby at the time but I dont remember much. I am pretty sure it was a gil killed by a couple of kids. I am also pretty sure they did it with at least part of a headstone.
get me an avocado, an ice pick, and my snorkel

Offline elpresidente

• Contributor
  • I'll tell ya why TK-421 isn't at his post!
Re: murder in Knotty oak cemetery
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 12:03:56 PM »
Does anyone remember around the late 80s when someone got killed in a cemetery near 117? I tried to find some info on it on the net but couldnt. I lived nearby at the time but I dont remember much. I am pretty sure it was a gil killed by a couple of kids. I am also pretty sure they did it with at least part of a headstone.

I'm pretty sure I remember hearing about that, but well.. I think I killed those braincells...  From what I remember, that was done with a stone.  People were at fever pitch at the time over the occult and all that as I remember.
Don't waive your rights with your flags.
-Sage Francis

Offline 3rd shifterzz

• Lurker-Tourist
  • InsaneKarma: +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 01:57:03 PM »
I remember this happened in a cemetary in Pawtucket,R.I
The reason why I remembered was because I knew the kids, they were about 4 years older than me,
and they were sorta the bullies of my side of town, They picked up a hooker in Central falls , and brought her to the cemetary, that is bordered by Pawtucket and Central falls , I guess they lured her there with cocaine, Anyways later on that night one of the kids ( i won't mention his name) Smashed a tombstone over her face.
And then the following day in the paper they actually had a picture of the females body with the tombstone covering her head, pretty disturbing. But anyhow I think you might have this incident confused with what happened in Pawtucket.

Offline DNA81

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2006, 06:22:59 AM »
I don't really remember the details and I guess something similar may have happened in pawtucket,it is possible, but this was definitely very close to 117 in coventry. I will find out for sure though.

Offline x0insanerider0x

• Out of the Closet
    • Myspace Bitches!
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2006, 12:26:54 PM »
i was gonna say... i remember this happening in pawtucket... but think about this... a cemetary... its a dark, empty place with a bunch of huge ass rocks... its probably happened in ALOT of different places...
"Just what you need when youre down in the dumps, one half hillbilly, one half PUNK"

Offline DNA81

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2006, 05:59:05 PM »
Good point you are probably right

Offline AngieImpaler

• Lurker-Tourist
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2009, 06:09:48 PM »
I remember this happened in a cemetary in Pawtucket,R.I
The reason why I remembered was because I knew the kids, they were about 4 years older than me,
and they were sorta the bullies of my side of town, They picked up a hooker in Central falls , and brought her to the cemetary, that is bordered by Pawtucket and Central falls , I guess they lured her there with cocaine, Anyways later on that night one of the kids ( i won't mention his name) Smashed a tombstone over her face.
And then the following day in the paper they actually had a picture of the females body with the tombstone covering her head, pretty disturbing. But anyhow I think you might have this incident confused with what happened in Pawtucket.

I used to live near that cemetary you speak of in Pawtucket. My mom would never let me go in it, and never let me on to the story until I was 17. Apparently the hooker wouldn't mess around with one of the guys and that's why he smashed her face. Pretty gruesome.
You always gotta go with the best idea you've got. Otherwise, you're just left lying around - not knowing what to do.

Offline dudemcrude

• Out of the Closet
  • InsaneKarma: +1/-1
    • http://metaltabs.com
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2014, 08:50:28 AM »
I looked into it just because the whole thing sounded so urban legendy, but other than some minor details, you guys were right.  Here's what google found -

http://caselaw.findlaw.com/ri-supreme-court/1224806.html
http://www.courts.ri.gov/Courts/SupremeCourt/OpinionsOrders/pdf-files/97-52.pdf

Crazy shit.

Offline DanielCaw

• DanielCawWF
  • Lurker-Tourist
Trip To Bridgewater State Hospital.
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2024, 01:49:47 PM »
What are some of the most chilling and unsettling experiences that individuals have had during their visits to Bridgewater State Hospital, and how has it impacted their perception of mental health institutions?