Iraq

Started by DNA81, June 15, 2006, 08:53:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Anyone been to Iraq lately? I have some pretty cool pics from an excavated city called UR. I will be posting them soon. I didnt have a digital camera the last time I went so I will have to scan them. There are a ton of bunkers over there. I just seperated from the military and recently moved back to RI. I have been to FT. Wetherill, but I wanna check some more in RI.
get me an avocado, an ice pick, and my snorkel

Would it be the historical 'Ur of the Chaldeans'? That's really cool if it is, it has roots into biblical times... I'd love to see the pictures!
The Squat Team - SquatTeam.org
Hi my name is Prometheus and I'm a historian criminal.

Isn't UR the area where Ibrahim (pbuh)- (Jews and Christians would call him Avram or Abraham) was from?
Don't waive your rights with your flags.
-Sage Francis

ive never been to iraq but i know iraq, mexico, and parts of the us (mainly deserts) have camel spiders...

Ur of the Chaldeans is one of the names for it and it is supposedly the birthplace of Abraham. And yes there were plenty of camell spiders there. We used to make them fight with scorpions. Anyway I will post the pics asap. Most likely this weekend.

I can't wait!

Well I got the pics on there. I had to scan them so not as good quality as I like. I have some more that I will post asap. I tried to go back and name the files but it said I didn't have access, anyone know how to do that?

Wow, those are amazing man. The old jet and helicopter out there in the desert provide quite the contrast to the surrounding ruins.