How to get GPS coodinates from your LG cell phone

Started by skully, May 27, 2006, 10:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
1. enter the service menu (menu + 0 + 000000)
2. go into option 2 (field test), option 6 (gpsOne), and then option 1 (gpsOne Screen) and turn that ON.
3. after doing that, go into option 5 (NV) and then option 5 again (gpsOne Lock) and select mobile. go back to gpsOne menu and hit option 4 to start application. this will initiate the gpsOne system.
4. go into option 2, which is test num (usually 922), remember that number because that is the number you will have to dial in order to get the GPS info.
5. exit the service menu (END key) and dial the test num (922)

from here, the GPS will start and your exact coordinates will be displayed on screen.

try the above listed link http://boulter.com/gps to see how exact they really are.
Explore, Archive, Share

This is not too exact folks.  I think you can predict a 100 yd deviation.
Explore, Archive, Share

hmm.. I have an Lg, but I don't think I have those options.. although I know I have some sort of GPS thing on my phone.. I believe it's actually called GPRS? Maybe? Haha.. I could be way off.. but I just got this phone and if I could get coordinates on it that would be cool. I have an LG C2000, any ideas?
It's always raining in my head

Do you have a tools or setup menu?  Go into that first and try the above instructions...
Explore, Archive, Share

dammit.  My phone is already obsolete.  :rolleyes:
Explore, Archive, Share