Author Topic: Airfields  (Read 5719 times)

Offline Prometheus

• Contributor
  • InsaneKarma: +0/-0
  • The New SquatTeam.org
    • The Squat Team - SquatTeam.Org
Airfields
« on: May 26, 2006, 10:20:07 AM »
I know they're not the most glorious places to get pictures but abandoned airfields have always intrigued me. We'll be looking for some abandoned airfields that have been missing for some time, some of them are just old and hidden in the woods, some have been repurposed (one is now a golf course with the grounds crew using the old hangars). We've got a list of 'em throughout RI, MA, and CT. Paradyme's got GPS and we wanted to know if there were other people who were interested in abandoned airfields who may want to come along on some of our hunts. We'll be going at some point during the Summer months and want to promote the UE community in our area.
The Squat Team - SquatTeam.org
Hi my name is Prometheus and I'm a historian criminal.

Offline CarbonCavi

• Trusted Member
  • InsaneKarma: +18/-11
    • MYSPACE!
Re: Airfields
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2006, 05:34:38 PM »
one thats semi abandoned here in stonington CT
Im lethal from a 2nd gear roll.

Offline Prometheus

• Contributor
  • The New SquatTeam.org
    • The Squat Team - SquatTeam.Org
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 10:22:00 AM »
elaborate on semi-abandoned...
The Squat Team - SquatTeam.org
Hi my name is Prometheus and I'm a historian criminal.

Offline CarbonCavi

• Trusted Member
    • MYSPACE!
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 04:52:37 PM »
from what i know, he only has a permit to land his little personal plane a few times a year, deffinitly less than 12. there is power there, but 99% no ones there. why would they be if you can only fly less than 12 times a year. it was for the military back in its day which makes me wonder what else is on the property. about 1/2 mile off the road, not accessible by car, unless its 4x4.

Offline undeath

• Contributor
    • Inyo FACE @ MySpace
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 04:59:09 PM »
from what i know, he only has a permit to land his little personal plane a few times a year, deffinitly less than 12. there is power there, but 99% no ones there. why would they be if you can only fly less than 12 times a year. it was for the military back in its day which makes me wonder what else is on the property. about 1/2 mile off the road, not accessible by car, unless its 4x4.
For a second, I thought you were talking about the one here in Griswold. I've NEVER seen any activity at the one near the old Stihl place at the end of Bethel Rd.

Offline elpresidente

• Contributor
  • InsaneKarma: +1/-0
  • I'll tell ya why TK-421 isn't at his post!
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2006, 07:22:56 PM »
For a second, I thought you were talking about the one here in Griswold. I've NEVER seen any activity at the one near the old Stihl place at the end of Bethel Rd.

Holy misread!  For a second, I thought you said the old Sith place!  Now THAT would be the find of the millenium!!  :)
Don't waive your rights with your flags.
-Sage Francis

Offline CarbonCavi

• Trusted Member
    • MYSPACE!
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2006, 08:11:45 PM »
whats that place never heard of it? info?

Offline undeath

• Contributor
    • Inyo FACE @ MySpace
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2006, 09:31:33 PM »
Yes. Please explain. Is it something around the region or something to do with Star Wars and not worth mentioning?

Offline elpresidente

• Contributor
  • I'll tell ya why TK-421 isn't at his post!
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2006, 10:20:54 PM »
Yes. Please explain. Is it something around the region or something to do with Star Wars and not worth mentioning?

totally Star Wars.  If anyone has found that Korriban actually exists, I'll drive, but sadly, I was at work spacing out and read it too quickly.  Apologies for the thread-jack folks.
Don't waive your rights with your flags.
-Sage Francis

Offline urbanexplorer

• Damn! the cops are right in back of us ............heres the keys you drive
  • Trusted Member
  • This fight could be the last fight !
    • member gallery
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2006, 08:24:21 PM »
carbon as you know i dont really get a chanve to go out during the week if you email me the closest road ill see what satellite imaging can see of this place
When you go looking for ghosts in these places be sure to be a ghost leave no clues to your existence and dissapear into thin air!!!!

Urbanexplorer 2006