Author Topic: Fraternity Houses  (Read 6285 times)

Offline Sarge

• Lurker-Tourist
  • InsaneKarma: +0/-0
    • http://
Fraternity Houses
« on: March 30, 2004, 06:47:43 PM »
Fraternities get kicked off campus at URI every now and again, and when they get evicted, it's fun to go looking through the mess they left in thier old house. Last year, I did a little exploring through a house built for Beta Psi Alpha in the thirties on the north west corner of the campus. Theta Delta Chi was the last occupant of the house, and it had been vacant for several years.  Apparently, when the chapter learned it was going to be kicked off campus, they tried to light a fire in the attic to burn the house down.  Theres some fire damage up there, but it looks like the structural integrity of the house is still sound.  They left that place trashed with old posters on the wall, homework papers all over the place, books in the chapter room... all that stuff.  

Theres a story that goes along with the house, that theres a ghost of a woman named "Barbara" and one of a little boy that haunts the third floor sleeping decks.  I don't know the history, but apparently, some people can see or hear him bouncing a ball across the rooms upstairs.  I didn't see him.

Today, Beta Theta Pi occupies the house, and I'm not sure how long their lease is for, so there won't be any exploring there for a while unfortunately.

Offline exploreTHEelements

• Lurker-Tourist
  • InsaneKarma: +0/-0
Fraternity Houses
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2004, 04:55:15 PM »
from what i here there is a lot of so called hauntings in a lot of the buildings on the URI campus...i live about 10 minutes from it..
« Last Edit: April 07, 2004, 04:56:52 PM by ixcryxforxyou »

Offline skully

• A bunker
  • Administrator
  • InsaneKarma: +11/-1
    • InsaneBunkers
Fraternity Houses
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2004, 05:38:30 PM »
I'm an old Phi Gamma Delta pledge who spent many a day and night in those old buildings.  They got all sorts of little rooms and hiding places.  No ghosts though.  If there are ghosts, I'm really surprised I have not heard about them yet.
Explore, Archive, Share