Author Topic: Bikes  (Read 14247 times)

Offline Megster

• Crazy Cat Lady of IB
  • Administrator
  • InsaneKarma: +15/-3
Bikes
« on: April 30, 2006, 09:36:24 PM »
How feasible would it be to put a bike rack on a car and park the car whereever the fuck you want, and then take a bike the rest of the way?  Beats running away from an abandoned place lol...

I'm thinking of doing it, because most of the places I want to go don't have a decent parking/hiding spot within a few miles, and a bike would definitely cut down on the travel time.  And they're easier to hide in a bush or behind a building than a car.

Then I was thinking about my car, and I'm wondering if I could even attach a bike rack to the back, because I have a spoiler.  Do any of you have bike racks?
I hide in the shadows and babble about old things.  I appear to most new members of IB.  I might beat you with my cane.

http://adventureswithmeg.weebly.com
http://meganmcgory.smugmug.com
http://meganmcgory.com

Offline DNA81

• Contributor
  • InsaneKarma: +1/-0
Re: Bikes
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 05:55:33 AM »
I dont have a bike rack but I do have a pickup truck. My problem is the bike. It is definitely a good idea though. Take a mountain bike on the trips that you have to make long hikes. It would have done me good on a couple of long ones where I didn't end up finding anything. Bad intel I guess.
get me an avocado, an ice pick, and my snorkel

Offline Prometheus

• Contributor
  • InsaneKarma: +0/-0
  • The New SquatTeam.org
    • The Squat Team - SquatTeam.Org
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 10:50:29 AM »
I'm about to buy a little scooter. I figured that'd be really helpful and easy to stash.
The Squat Team - SquatTeam.org
Hi my name is Prometheus and I'm a historian criminal.

Offline elpresidente

• Contributor
  • I'll tell ya why TK-421 isn't at his post!
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2006, 12:08:46 PM »
I'm about to buy a little scooter. I figured that'd be really helpful and easy to stash.

Skateboard FtW!!

actually me back on a skateboard would exponentially increase my chances of getting caught after I fall off it and break my neck.
Don't waive your rights with your flags.
-Sage Francis

Offline Prometheus

• Contributor
  • The New SquatTeam.org
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2006, 01:05:46 PM »
Skateboard FtW!!

actually me back on a skateboard would exponentially increase my chances of getting caught after I fall off it and break my neck.

Offline elpresidente

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2006, 01:07:21 PM »
Skateboard FtW!!

hahahahahha  dick.
-Sage Francis

Offline urbanexplorer

• Damn! the cops are right in back of us ............heres the keys you drive
  • Trusted Member
  • This fight could be the last fight !
    • member gallery
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2006, 10:48:19 PM »
anybody wanna put this idea to the test?
When you go looking for ghosts in these places be sure to be a ghost leave no clues to your existence and dissapear into thin air!!!!

Urbanexplorer 2006

Offline Prometheus

• Contributor
  • The New SquatTeam.org
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2006, 09:53:07 AM »
awwww, cute thread.

Offline elpresidente

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2006, 01:38:56 PM »
lol yeah `specially the part with my happy-meal ass climbing out of the garage!  :P
-Sage Francis

Offline StealthUnited

• Contributor
  • InsaneKarma: +5/-0
  • United we Explore!
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2009, 06:44:46 PM »
How feasible would it be to put a bike rack on a car and park the car whereever the fuck you want, and then take a bike the rest of the way?  Beats running away from an abandoned place lol...

I'm thinking of doing it, because most of the places I want to go don't have a decent parking/hiding spot within a few miles, and a bike would definitely cut down on the travel time.  And they're easier to hide in a bush or behind a building than a car.

Then I was thinking about my car, and I'm wondering if I could even attach a bike rack to the back, because I have a spoiler.  Do any of you have bike racks?

Hmm.. Although I doubt this would work without some custom work to fit one, but a 'city bus' type bike rack would be awesome.. Its so simple to quickly mount and dis-mount a bike or two plus you can fold them up when you don't need to use it (which is great when you know your parking really spot sucks) but the only problem is finding one and knowing someone who can install it cheap.  :ph34r:
Huzzah!!

Offline JiggyJamesG

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2009, 11:06:17 PM »
does sound like a good idea, the only flaw I could think of is running from security, and the bush or whatever your bike is in is out of the way, or will get you caught if you go near it. But it sure as hell would beat walking for long distances.
WWW.accordingtojiggy.blogspot.com