Author Topic: witchs road  (Read 4906 times)

Offline urbanexplorer

• Damn! the cops are right in back of us ............heres the keys you drive
  • Trusted Member
  • InsaneKarma: +1/-0
  • This fight could be the last fight !
    • member gallery
witchs road
« on: April 08, 2006, 06:17:39 PM »
if anyone could tell me where witches road is in smithfield i would appreciate it im going on a night time excursion tonight starting at ladd and ending in smithfield i hope and swinging by tower hill
When you go looking for ghosts in these places be sure to be a ghost leave no clues to your existence and dissapear into thin air!!!!

Urbanexplorer 2006

Offline HeavenlyDivine

• Lurker-Tourist
  • InsaneKarma: +0/-0
Re: witches road
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2006, 12:24:11 AM »
(coming from cranston) u have to go onto I-295 N towards johnston/woonsocket and get off the greenville exit. 7B You go straight until the mcdonalds and go right at it.  Go to the end of that road and take a right(there will be a gas station).  Sooner or later there will be Log road on the left and you take that and go straight past the firestation.  Keep following that road and after a while u will see a tree in the middle of the road and go right at it onto manschool road..then there will be a burnt down house eventually on your left and ur there...but its kind of a shady place to leave ur car but whateverrr

Offline getfilthy

• Lurker-Tourist
  • InsaneKarma: +0/-0
Creepy Tree; Dissatisfying Adventure; Ambiguous Witch
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 03:41:00 AM »
I just got back from a trip to witches/witch's/witches' road and I have to say it was only mildly satisfying.

First, the directions here are a little flawed. After turning left onto Log Road from Rte. 116/Pleasant View Ave. you have to bear left at the fork that appears immediately after the fire station (after having driven on Log Road for less than a minute), which will in fact be Mann School Road instead of Log Road. On my first go, I mistakenly went up Log Road at the fork and, although I barrelled through a lot of dark, creepy woods on narrow, ridiculously winding roads and saw a bunch of bats, raccoons, and some eerie radio towers (or something), I didn't see anything ghosty or witchy.

Anyhow, you stay left at the first fork and stay on Mann School Road and, after maybe 10 or 15 minutes of driving, the tree appears out of NOWHERE as your car comes down a high crest in the road. Just seeing it so suddenly was kind of jarring. My friends and I stopped in front of it kind of dumbfounded for a few seconds and then drove around it three times with the high beams on (I evidently remembered only a combination of the two recipes for ghost conjuration mentioned here) and then sped off down Mann School Road (a right at the fork that the tree is in the middle of) screaming about how scared we'd made ourselves. Unfortunately, there were no ghosts, no spectral Suburbans.

Also, due to the unbelievably impenetrable darkness on this road, we could barely make out the well lit, inhabited houses, let alone this supposed burnt down witch's house. So here are my questions -- how exactly does one find this house, what is the history/significance of this house, and what correlation is there, if any, between the tree and the house? There must be a reason why this place is known as witch's road instead of creepy-tree-in-the-middle-of-the-road road, but it seems like people here only talk about the tree...