Author Topic: New HID flashlight  (Read 8305 times)

Offline beatkeeper1

• Out of the Closet
  • InsaneKarma: +0/-0
New HID flashlight
« on: May 24, 2011, 05:44:13 PM »
New company that jacked their prices right after I bought mine, www.lightpipeflashlight.com  (delete it if I can't put links.)  70 watt hid should make photography at night a breeze out in the sticks.  Runs off two lithium batteries and should push 6000 lumens.

Offline Megster

• Crazy Cat Lady of IB
  • Administrator
  • InsaneKarma: +15/-3
Re: New HID flashlight
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 12:44:51 AM »
no problem with the links :)

I had some awesome flashlights, one was something overpriced titanium LED something or other.  My ex paid like $35 for it at Brookstone and when we broke up the asshole kept my memory card for one of my cameras and the camera case so I was like fuck him and kept 3 of his flashlights.  Anyway the $35 one was one I accidentally ran over with my car.

...and you can't even tell that I ran it over.  It still works.  And another time I lost it for like a year and when I found it all the batteries leaked , but surprisingly it STILL works.  Best flashlight ever.   If I knew where it was I'd take a picture. Good flashlights are like good pairs of scissors, can never find them when you need them. ^_^
I hide in the shadows and babble about old things.  I appear to most new members of IB.  I might beat you with my cane.

http://adventureswithmeg.weebly.com
http://meganmcgory.smugmug.com
http://meganmcgory.com

Offline CarbonCavi

• Trusted Member
  • InsaneKarma: +18/-11
    • MYSPACE!
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 11:57:26 AM »
hids arent meant to be turned on and off. I prefer LEDs.

I do have HID headlights tho in my car and bike and tghey are amazing.
Im lethal from a 2nd gear roll.

Offline beatkeeper1

• Out of the Closet
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 10:07:07 PM »
Yea titanium is $$$ but so awesome lol.  Also they're making hid's now with "hot restrike" but still led's ftmfw,  peep the "Thrunite Catapult" with the xm-l led it's friggin shweeet.

Offline CarbonCavi

• Trusted Member
  • InsaneKarma: +18/-11
    • MYSPACE!
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2011, 02:25:35 PM »
really?! thats awesome! glad theyre progressing because HIDs are honestly badass. I have HIDs on the front of my bike and car, and LEDs in the tails in both
Im lethal from a 2nd gear roll.

Offline beatkeeper1

• Out of the Closet
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2011, 11:01:54 PM »
me too man love them, I have 5k headlights and fogs and they're great.  They give my friend headaches after long periods but i'm immune to fluorescent lights after working in Wal-Mart lol.

Offline beatkeeper1

• Out of the Closet
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2011, 11:10:27 AM »
well finally got it in the mail should make photography of large outdoor areas at night a breeze, this sucker is powered by two huge 6 volt lithium batteries.

Offline skully

• A bunker
  • Administrator
  • InsaneKarma: +11/-1
    • InsaneBunkers
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2011, 07:00:29 AM »
These are some cool flashlights.  I think the technology (both light element and power capacity with Lithium Ion) can get to a point where the light is just too bright.  God, you can hold a high school football game at night with a few of these lights.  I certainly want more brightness flexibility when out 'sporing.  I've been meaning to put together a DIY section on LED flashlights I'll do it in a seperate post.
Explore, Archive, Share