Peter Cooper Glue Factory

Started by gardo, April 12, 2005, 03:27:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I just started urban exploration in the past few months and have only been to one site, unfortunately. It's a glue factory in Oak Creek, Wisconsin. There're ghost stories behind it, though I haven't experienced anything weird besides the expected strange noises from the wind and water and what not. After coming across this site I hope to make a trip out to the east coast if not this summer, then the next.

If you'd care to see some pictures from the glue factory, check out this open directory:

link

Let me know what you think.

Thanks for posting a link to those pics gordo.  Very nice.  Is this one of those glue factories that used horses parts to make their glue?
Explore, Archive, Share

I believe so. My history teacher told me that he got a job there when he dropped out of college. He used to push carts filled with cow/horse parts around on a figure 8 track. Apparently after working there for a summer he decided that he needed to get back to school. He became a history teacher and actually won a $25,000 award for being a great teacher.

I don't think they had any live horses/cows there, though. I haven't read a whole lot into the factory, most of what I know is hearing from people who know people that used to work there (my friend's grandma/grandpa used to work there).