Author Topic: Goose Neck Point  (Read 3615 times)

Offline DcSports92

• Lurker-Tourist
  • InsaneKarma: +0/-0
Goose Neck Point
« on: March 30, 2005, 03:06:57 PM »
Well I found this site thru a friend of mine, and Im actually really interested in stuff like this..I recently went to Goose Neck Point near Horseneck Beach in RI.

I was hoping to get some clear shots of the area by climbing the tower that was there but the stairs had rotted out.

Heres a link to the place.

Goose Neck

I hope to explore more I read about it and it was pretty interesting..if ya need my own pics shoot me a PM or an email

Toodles

Henrock

Offline military nut

• Trusted Member
  • Contributor
  • InsaneKarma: +2/-0
Goose Neck Point
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2005, 09:51:05 AM »
welcome tp the bunkers forum, gooseberry island is a neat place, those stairs have been rotted out for over 10 years i used to climb that tower all the time. there is two bunkers near the towers one that was filled in 15 years ago and a second that was filled in but is now partially open there are three small rooms in there. i actually climbed the tower a few years ago (stupid on my part) because i took my wife there on our first date. and i carved her name into some wood on the top level. i almost got killed comming down fell about 7 feet. there used to be a line of fencing as you you approached the towers that ran from one side of the island to the other i have a big piece of barbed wire from it i took off it in the 80s, most of the fence is reduced to just pole stubs now.
history is always eroding

Offline DcSports92

• Lurker-Tourist
  • InsaneKarma: +0/-0
Goose Neck Point
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2005, 02:24:35 PM »
Yeah it was an awesome place I also went there with my gf, I wanted to climb the stairway but I didnt want to risk injury to myself either.

I heard theres a Switchboard station nearby..I even read about the Defenses of Naragansett Bay nearly half of the Defense installations were turned into part of private homes which is cool but a real bummer because I have a fascination about old structures and the history behind it.

Where are you from ? The South Shore area of Mass? Im from NH and I live near the old Zoo they mentioned here on the forum and the site.