Author Topic: The Ladd School  (Read 132127 times)

Offline CarbonCavi

• Trusted Member
  • InsaneKarma: +18/-11
    • MYSPACE!
Re: The Ladd School
« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2006, 10:32:13 PM »
hey thanks man, i got you on AIM so next time your on ill hit you up, maybe sometime thurs or friday ( tommorow or the following day, we can meet up there and you can show me personally? im deffinitly up for that, i dont want to rip plywood down or make them suspect any more than they already do, so if you can show me this way i can respect the grounds better and hopefully the grounds will return me the favor ( no cops ) but yeah i will hit you up, and maybe we can get together, and i can show you my way in, if its still open, thanks again!
Im lethal from a 2nd gear roll.

Offline Megster

• Crazy Cat Lady of IB
  • Administrator
  • InsaneKarma: +15/-3
« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2006, 07:18:25 AM »
Yeah, me too.  We weren't about to check any windows while we were on the run lol.
I hide in the shadows and babble about old things.  I appear to most new members of IB.  I might beat you with my cane.

http://adventureswithmeg.weebly.com
http://meganmcgory.smugmug.com
http://meganmcgory.com

Offline CarbonCavi

• Trusted Member
    • MYSPACE!
« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2006, 07:21:00 AM »
so we wanna get together today to do this?

Offline urbanexplorer

• Damn! the cops are right in back of us ............heres the keys you drive
  • Trusted Member
  • InsaneKarma: +1/-0
  • This fight could be the last fight !
    • member gallery
« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2006, 08:59:33 PM »
i was going to go tonight but i am now waiting for my night vision goggles to get here i ordered them the other day so they should be here by Friday woohoo so this weekend is a definite i would like to go when its raining that usually keeps the kids away lol ill let you know I'm on aim tonight same name as my user name for IB
When you go looking for ghosts in these places be sure to be a ghost leave no clues to your existence and dissapear into thin air!!!!

Urbanexplorer 2006

Offline Megster

• Crazy Cat Lady of IB
  • Administrator
« Reply #64 on: May 19, 2006, 07:36:33 AM »
Oh, sorry man, I didn't see your post till just now.  I had to work anyway (I work M-F, 9-5...every week lol)
I hide in the shadows and babble about old things.  I appear to most new members of IB.  I might beat you with my cane.

Offline CarbonCavi

• Trusted Member
    • MYSPACE!
« Reply #65 on: May 19, 2006, 04:55:27 PM »
megster you want to go tonight? me my buddy martin, my gf, and lokjicant as well as possibly cielo are planning on going tonight.

Offline urbanexplorer

• Trusted Member
    • member gallery
« Reply #66 on: May 19, 2006, 07:47:33 PM »
CarbonCavi
hey i found out that the state police will be at ladd patrolling heavy tonight so its off sorry man i know your itching to go as am i we will have to do it another time and keep it quite on the boards live and learn
When you go looking for ghosts in these places be sure to be a ghost leave no clues to your existence and dissapear into thin air!!!!

Urbanexplorer 2006

Offline CarbonCavi

• Trusted Member
    • MYSPACE!
« Reply #67 on: May 19, 2006, 08:36:13 PM »
damn those police! if theyre not ruining my night street racing theyre ruining my other passion of exploring. sigh, i guess we can do it another time, and ill keep it to a phone call. lemme know when the next good night is. keep in touch!

Offline Megster

• Crazy Cat Lady of IB
  • Administrator
« Reply #68 on: May 20, 2006, 10:35:56 AM »
hey sorry I've been so out of the loop lately, and I missed your messages because I left my internet on all day yesterday and I wasn't even here until almost 10 last night.

Offline urbanexplorer

• Trusted Member
    • member gallery
« Reply #69 on: May 20, 2006, 02:35:08 PM »
you didnt miss much carboncavi and i decided to go last night and i did a recon drive through for cops and found one on my way out i just stopped and talked to him and he told me to have a goodnight looks like may be being patrolled by the state police again so looks like ladd is going to be off limits again at least for me

Urbanexplorer 2006

Offline urbanexplorer

• Trusted Member
    • member gallery
« Reply #70 on: May 20, 2006, 02:39:52 PM »
my night vision goggles came into woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Urbanexplorer 2006

Offline Dakiel

• Administrator
  • InsaneKarma: +7/-1
    • http://www.insanebunkers.com
« Reply #71 on: May 20, 2006, 05:03:07 PM »
my night vision goggles came into woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What kind did you get?
Don't worry, if you die....We'll make it.

Offline urbanexplorer

• Trusted Member
    • member gallery
« Reply #72 on: May 20, 2006, 05:10:04 PM »
hey dakiel,
i got night owl optics night owl goggles with the headgear webbing the work great tried them out in pitch black basement seeing it is still daylight out lol anyways i got them from an ebay member for about half price of retail they are generation1 cuz i didnt wanna spend the $$ for gen 2 if i didnt like them but these will work really well for me.

Urbanexplorer 2006

Offline Dakiel

• Administrator
« Reply #73 on: May 21, 2006, 11:39:23 PM »
depending on what type of light you use a IR filter is a must, its like using a flashlight but with the goggles on, it only shows up as a faint visible light.

this looks like a good deal (1.00) as i post
http://cgi.ebay.com/USED-Phantom-Warrior-Flashlight-Torch-LED-NVG-not-U2-IR_W0QQitemZ8813022262QQcategoryZ106987QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

amherst drop zone has filter for 30-40 bucks for the mini mag 100 for the c+d cells its alot but check ebay often as you can find em cheeper sometimes.

if you have a surefire this http://cgi.ebay.com/SUREFIRE-tip-off-filter-IR-model-F16-infra-red-filter_W0QQitemZ6631721968QQcategoryZ36071QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem is a good deal at the BIN price i paid close to 100.00 for mine and it wasnt a surefire accessory.

Offline urbanexplorer

• Trusted Member
    • member gallery
« Reply #74 on: May 22, 2006, 10:53:06 PM »
the NV goggles i have, has the IR filter built in theres an on off switch for it for when you are in a totally dark place and that works great my basement is almost zero light at night and with the IR off and the goggles on its hard to see but when i click the IR on its like daytime out i love these goggles they are the best $$ Ive spent on explorering :rolleyes:but the coolest feature is that they are self adjusting with the IR on as you go into an area with more light the goggles dim down so they wont burn you eyeballs right out the back of you head which is very nice i need my eyes lol

Urbanexplorer 2006

Offline Dakiel

• Administrator
« Reply #75 on: May 22, 2006, 10:57:36 PM »
practice wearing them a few times if you plan on using them exploring, NV has little to zero depth perception so its very easy to fall into a hole or ditch if your not careful also it takes a few minutes for your eyes to adjust after taking them off.

Offline urbanexplorer

• Trusted Member
    • member gallery
« Reply #76 on: May 22, 2006, 11:14:05 PM »
ive been wearing the goggles and walking around with them and did notice the feild of vision is a lot narrower and the depth perseption is a bit different and i have noticed how they differ from regular sight and  i do appreciate the advise thanks

Urbanexplorer 2006

Offline CarbonCavi

• Trusted Member
    • MYSPACE!
« Reply #77 on: May 28, 2006, 06:38:57 PM »
in voice of napoleon " sweet! " we gotta meet up and use these things!

Offline urbanexplorer

• Trusted Member
    • member gallery
« Reply #78 on: May 29, 2006, 09:07:51 PM »
oh yeah brother thats a definite when time allows im just getting into my busiest season @ work ya know what i do and i was just told last Friday we will be stepping it up quite a bit but we will get together and do some exploring

Urbanexplorer 2006

Offline CarbonCavi

• Trusted Member
    • MYSPACE!
« Reply #79 on: May 29, 2006, 10:26:23 PM »
deffinitly man, ladd school will be around so im not worried about that, but we can deffinitly put those goggles to good use at noriwhc maybe this week before everything starts coming down and my world spirals into depression? lemme know you got the number.

Offline Mirranda

• Lurker-Tourist
  • InsaneKarma: +0/-0
Hmm
« Reply #80 on: July 08, 2006, 02:29:16 PM »
What I wanna know is, where the hell is the Ladd school? I know it's off route 2 in Exeter but I spent like all yesterday looking and still haven't found it. Directions would be much appreciated
I never knew a heart existed outside of make believe

Offline urbanexplorer

• Trusted Member
    • member gallery
« Reply #81 on: July 08, 2006, 10:12:23 PM »
all im going to say (not to start a fight)do some research, i do reseach for months sometimes looking for a place i want to visit.
 half the fun is learning about a site and as far as ladd school is concerned.........................it is totally sealed up and patrolled heavily by the state police you get caught up there they will hassel you if not arrest you.ill let someone else rant about this .. :wacko:
« Last Edit: July 08, 2006, 10:27:39 PM by urbanexplorer »

Urbanexplorer 2006

Offline CarbonCavi

• Trusted Member
    • MYSPACE!
« Reply #82 on: July 08, 2006, 10:58:09 PM »
i remember planning a trip with a certain someone who i wont mention names, you know who you are  -_- and we planned it all out, got up there, and BSed the cop out of it and ended up going to wetherill instead at like 11 at night lol.

Offline urbanexplorer

• Trusted Member
    • member gallery
« Reply #83 on: July 08, 2006, 11:48:07 PM »
i remember someone talking about that too :ph34r:

Urbanexplorer 2006

Offline Ladd Curator

• Out of the Closet
« Reply #84 on: July 17, 2006, 02:13:50 AM »
There is little point in going inside, now, at all. Vandals have torn it inside out, to bloody bits. Broken windows, with the walls full of holes from fists and feet. I remember going inside only a few years ago, and in some buildings, seeing everything intact. It was like stepping into a forbidden museum. Now, it's more like walking into an abandoned building.

And I don't mean that I beleive in ghosts, but if there were spirits, or were there a spirit, it has been all but completely chased away. Spraypaint and litter tend to have that effect.

Oh well. It was inevitable, wasn't it?

Offline CarbonCavi

• Trusted Member
    • MYSPACE!
« Reply #85 on: July 17, 2006, 07:30:31 AM »
damn kids these days ( as i type this im 20 lol ) cant take and leave anything for what it is. have to leave their piece that says i was here. cant just take pictures to say that have to be destructive about it.

Offline urbanexplorer

• Trusted Member
    • member gallery
« Reply #86 on: July 17, 2006, 04:42:10 PM »
there is always a point.
its easy to say there is no point in going in it now when youve been in it(no disrespect great site by the way curator) just remember this "its not whats inside its that there is an inside"and im in it for what no one else has found..... if it exists

Urbanexplorer 2006

Offline CarbonCavi

• Trusted Member
    • MYSPACE!
« Reply #87 on: July 17, 2006, 07:15:50 PM »
^ x2 ^

Offline x0insanerider0x

• Out of the Closet
    • Myspace Bitches!
« Reply #88 on: July 18, 2006, 08:29:15 PM »
dude... a group of us went down there last week, that place is locked up like fort KNOX... we didnt see ANYway iin... place is crazy as hell... anyone figure out a way to get in... let me know... hows the cop situation these days?
"Just what you need when youre down in the dumps, one half hillbilly, one half PUNK"

Offline urbanexplorer

• Trusted Member
    • member gallery
« Reply #89 on: July 18, 2006, 09:10:35 PM »
yeah the state has got that place pretty secure and last i went i met a state cop they will be in patrol there until after school starts again i suspect  :wacko:

Urbanexplorer 2006