The Ladd School

Started by nothinbutsunshine, March 23, 2005, 10:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
wow ladd has a pool? that's news to me that place is ill

The pool building has been torn down for years, its now the exeter job corps main building.  I hear it was the coolest building though.  I've seen some pictures and it had a really high ceiling with these huge rafters going across

April 14, 2009, 03:04:16 PM #182 Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 07:35:54 PM by Otto MCR
---

Just warning anybody who is planning on going there soon, a couple of people i know went there the other night and got robbed by some gang at gunpoint.  there were 5 of them and they were explorin for like 10 minutes, and they ended up on the roof and saw a big group of people coming. a couple of the people had guns, some knives, and sopposedly one of them was carrying some big axe, but they took there cell phones and money, and smashed out the car window and took the thousand dollar speakers. then they made everyone sit in a room for 20 minutes so they could leave. So if anybody still wants to go there, just go with a friend and keep a heads up for these punks, and theres most likely going to be heavier police there now seeing they reported what happend.  good luck

April 22, 2009, 12:06:22 AM #185 Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 07:36:13 PM by Otto MCR
Jiggyjames, Im glad your friends got out of there safely. People like that ruin everything you thought you knew about exploration. I hope they get arrested... if not for this, then for something else.

so they smashed out the car window and neither the job corps or the detox center heard anything?! i find that story a bit bogus. Kind of like calling the police and saying hey i was exploring ladd illegally and got robbed, can you send the cops over?

yea i thought it was made up at first, but now that none of them have phones anymore, and how all 5 of them tell the story exactly the same kida gives it credibility. They also said that the cops werent too mad that they went there because they were still the victims in the end. but they caught the kids and i guess they stabbed some kid at uri or something like that, but my friends are going to cuart to testify against them, ill keep the info coming as i get it

o and they didnt call the cops to them, they drove to the station and called there parents fromthere

yeah keep us updated on that. id hate to be bothered with that kinda bullshit if i went to ladd. then again if they were man enough to go one by one thered be a problem. for them lol.

my roomates told me tonight that the cops caught those people the other day but who knows.  thats crazy though.  he said that that the mob of thugs was like living in one of the buildings or something.   I live nearby and go there all the time and i never saw them but i havent been there in a couple of weeks.  Last time I went I saw a bunch of state troopers with dogs going through all the buildings it was very strange.   that place just has bad karma I guess

haha me and Omnipotence know the kids that got robbed, one of em has been all depressed since it happend lol

I think nick has ptsd

lmao thats what i said, everyone else is laughing about it now, but if you bring it up around him he gets on the verge of a panic attack haha

LOL thats pretty funny, poor kid

Quote from: JiggyJamesG on April 20, 2009, 07:01:07 PM
Just warning anybody who is planning on going there soon, a couple of people i know went there the other night and got robbed by some gang at gunpoint.  there were 5 of them and they were explorin for like 10 minutes, and they ended up on the roof and saw a big group of people coming. a couple of the people had guns, some knives, and sopposedly one of them was carrying some big axe, but they took there cell phones and money, and smashed out the car window and took the thousand dollar speakers. then they made everyone sit in a room for 20 minutes so they could leave. So if anybody still wants to go there, just go with a friend and keep a heads up for these punks, and theres most likely going to be heavier police there now seeing they reported what happend.  good luck

OH!!!!!

I saw the pile of glass from the window that got smashed yesterday... and the time before when I went. Wow. It was pretty far from either of the buildings so the job corps and the detox center couldnt have heard it even if they wanted to.

I kinda wanna go to ladd school just cause i have never been, I dont wanna go without someone who knows the grounds though, anyone wanna take me for a tour?

nevermind the gain to risk ratio is to greatly favored to risk and its not worth it

i went a couple times as a good excuse for the motorcycle ride. lol. got out there and was like oh shit its open and just went in. sometimes it was boarded up, id just take a break then head home.

I wouldve liked to check it out, but its not worth it anymore

So I finally made my first sightseeing visit to Ladd school yesterday.  I just turned 21, and that fact that I had never been there seemed rather sad.  I drove up to the two large no trespassing signs, which seemed to include travelling via car, but after I turned around, this car just drove through the place like it was no big deal. 
So, my first question is, are cars allowed in the Ladd School area (say, driving from the Job Corps to South Rd.?).  And if so, do cops mind people driving around as long as you stay in your car.  I know, trying to explore Ladd School legally is kind of a joke, but I'd be satisfied with some pics of the buildings.
Saving history one photo at a time.

good question, id like to know as well.

I live right down the road from ladd and go all the time.  Untill recently it was cool to go and walk around as long as you didnt go in the buildings then you werent breaking the law.  But some kids mugged some dudes or something so now the police are all over the place. i think they will arrest u now.  Luckily I explored a couple of the buildings last month and took about 150 pictures i would post them on here but I dont know how.  i also saw some cops and dogs searching the buildings, they had the doors wide open and i got to peek into a building I also wanted to go into.  I always loved the ladd center and would be willing to go back any time. 

If the pictures are on your computer just make a photobucket.com account and host them. Copy and paste the links here.

May 10, 2009, 07:58:27 PM #205 Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 08:27:12 PM by k wilks
LOL Im not very computer savy at all.   http://s580.photobucket.com/albums/ss241/k_wilks/   okay im not sure if it worked or not but here is the link.  these are some of the pics from one of my more recent visits

Cool I think it worked i will post some pics of other places now that i know how to, lol

nice pictures! i went into fogerty but didnt go upstairs at all, been in the childrens hospital but again not very far, and the building in the middle that says hospital on the front door but again not very far. lol didnt bring a flashlight that day and all that was open so i went in as far as i could see. i have a few pictures i can post up. I like your pics tho man!

Great pics. I want to go but it wont be for a while because of police and stuff.

K Wilks... do you have AIM or anything?

Thanks guys, yeah fogerty is a cool building. The higher up you go , the better condition its in. I have never been in the basement though.  I can only imagine the water damage and lack of light would make it  pretty dangerous.  Not to mention someone threw some furniture down the stairs and blocked it off kinda.  I have been told there is actually a sub basement as well.  As for the old hospital (green), they keep it boarded up pretty well because some younger kids broke in and found a bottle of sulfuric acid or something and broke it open on themselves.  They didnt die, but almost.  I think that its in the best condition though.  I know of a secret way to get in that cant be boarded up.  Thers one building Ive never been in, its kinda isolated from the rest on the east side of the campus.  I saw the cops going in it once and it looked mint inside.  i saw some really erie red stairs going up, they looked almost gothic.  yeah anyways if anyone wants to make a trip there let me know.  i dont use aol but send me a pm or an email and I'll hit you back.  carbon post ur pics I'de love to see em'