The Ladd School

Started by nothinbutsunshine, March 23, 2005, 10:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

i went to ladd today with one other friend...we found way into fogarty but it was kinda  big jump and didnt want to go in just the two of us but we leaned in and took some pics...we also found a bog busted out window in the first floor of the childrens hospital i think it is, the one that's connected to fogarty...the window sill was only up to my waist so it was really easy to get but we thought we heard some noises and freaked out...we defnitly want to go back with more people...would anyone be interested in meeting there and going in??  Also we looked for other ways into Howe and the girls dorm accross the street but couldnt find anything, does anyone know where to get in these?? Had anyone ever seen a homeless person there???

just remember if you do this the bigger group you have the better chance you have of getting caught. homeless people are usually more scared of you than you are of them and i doubt with so much daily activity around the place that theyd be inside, although i may be wrong.

i went to the ladd again the other day and then today...my friend and i heard alot of banging coming from inside fogarty and also in the childrens hospital...we decided to jump in through the window in the childrens hospital when the banging got alot louder and closer...we ran away a few feet and looked back and there was a head sticking out of the window, i screamed but just stood there thinking maybe he was just checking it out like we were he kept looking at us and climbed out of the window, leaned back in and pulled out a few huge duffel bags and ran in the opposite direction, never saying anything to us even though i yelled to him a few times...he was oviously homeless and living there. We were then wayyy to sketched out to go in and decided to check out the other buildings, we walked around riverfield then decided to go back to the car when we saw a gray car parked outside the childrens hospital with the trunk open, we ducked so they wouldnt see us and wathced as 4 guys who looked to be carrying alot of stuff came out the window and got intot he car and left, it was really weird...we then went straight to the car but decided to drive through one last time and as we came down the road in front of Howe 3 guys in uniform walking a bloodhound dog came around the side of the building, i played stupid and asked what the place was and if you could go in, then as they turned to leave it said K-9 Search and Rescue on the back of their shirts...
Im not sure ahy i went back today after the others day experiance but today we leaned in and yelled for about 10 mins into the childrens hospital to see if we could hear any movement, when we were convinced there was no1 there we jumped in and walked into the hall but it was in alot worse condition than i thought and there was only 2 of us, we lookied in the few rooms but didnt want to open any doors...i really want to go into fogarty but ive only been with myself and 1 other person and the only way i can find in is the lsat window in the corner...its wuite a far jump down and theres a bench thing to land on...is theis where everyone else entered???????? and is it easy to get out???? it was so dark even with flashlights, is the stairs easy to find???? i also want to find the morgue which i read is in the badement there....

that's the first I've heard of a homeless person living there....
The Squat Team - SquatTeam.org
Hi my name is Prometheus and I'm a historian criminal.

So I finally went into LADD tonite, I figured since it was the weekend before Halloween it would be a good time, there was so much activity there.  There were atleast 4 cars full of kids leaving as we were pulling in, when we were parking a car full of 5 guys came and we decided to go in together, there were 9 of us in all. Some of the window we'd attempted to go in were newly boarded up, though one leading to the basement of Fogarty was open.  We ended up exploring all 5 floors of Fogarty and both in the childrens hospital...the only "ghostly" thing we heard was a scream. It was pretty hard to breathe towards the top floors but otherwise it was awesome! And as we were leaving another 3 cars full of people pulled up and were going in.

My friends went this friday night. They came across another group of strangers. They decided to go in together. They got in through a hole in the window of the children's hospital. Then they said they went through a long tunnel to fogarty. I hope i didn't spoil a big secret or anything. They said that they went into a dental room and that they found teeth and dried blood on the ground. Then they wnet into a bathroom where the plumbing backed up and there was...well you know. Then finally they went into a morgue where one of the guys layed down on the cart and got pushed in to the freezer. One of my friends had taken video wiht his cell phone, and there was a mysterious flash on the screen.  Before they even went in, they heard screams coming from the main building. I think it is really creepy. I don't want to go in because it would scare me too much.

going to be alot of cop activity there tommorow night i can see...

I'll be out trick or treating...there's a house in my neighborhood that gives out nips.

Nips...as in those little bottles of liquor.  This place is deliciously ghetto. hahahahhaha
I hide in the shadows and babble about old things.  I appear to most new members of IB.  I might beat you with my cane.

http://adventureswithmeg.weebly.com
http://meganmcgory.smugmug.com
http://meganmcgory.com

going to ladd school tomorrow night is basically like standing in from of the police station saying "please lock me up".... i wouldnt go there if you paid me...
"Just what you need when youre down in the dumps, one half hillbilly, one half PUNK"

November 03, 2006, 02:20:00 AM #161 Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 02:26:49 AM by Ladd Curator
It isn't especially surprising, the reported amount of activity at Ladd around Halloween. I've encountered people from time to time during the summer months, but October-November is clearly the peak season. The website had 4,600 visits and about 250,000 hits this October. And every year so far, the numbers double.

Howd ladd go as far as visitors. NSH was quiet as hell! Extremely odd considering the recent activity with utopia media, plus vh1 publicity.

for those of you who care i was at ladd yesterday and low and behold fresh plywood on the windows where it had been pulled off......................big surprise  :wacko:
When you go looking for ghosts in these places be sure to be a ghost leave no clues to your existence and dissapear into thin air!!!!

Urbanexplorer 2006

ya the pigs are all over that location

aw what the hell. thanks for calling! lol no really call me next time your going up there. member our convo earlier in the year on how we thought itd calm down in fall/winter. guess not being so warm out and whatnot.

We were down there tonight I told him to call you but he didn't have your new #

ya we went up there tonight i thought of ya pal looked in my phone no number dump me an email with the digits we saw a bunch of kids up there they parked at job corp and walked right up main street to fogerty then we sat in my truck by greene hospital watching for the cop factor on this recon run didnt see any when all of a sudden this suv came ripping across the grass from in back of riverfield didnt even slow down for the 3 foot drop just bottomed out his front bumper then took off like a bat out of hell hmmmmmmmmmmmm wonder what he saw back there

aim is on pal
When you go looking for ghosts in these places be sure to be a ghost leave no clues to your existence and dissapear into thin air!!!!

Urbanexplorer 2006

numbers still the same if you got it, i got a new phone however and dont have all the old numbers. ill pm you more info and we'll keep this hush hush

just incase anyone is thinking of going anytime soon, my uncle who is a state trooper said that there have been sights of junkies there, recently..and i guess some kid got burned with acid so be careful..ALSO be super careful of the rusty shit there. me and my friends are going there this coming up weekend. anyone been there lately?

acid was a few years ago and junkies well there is the phoenix rehab house right there on the property

Urbanexplorer 2006

Hey carbon do you hear it............................................................................come visit me 
echos from exeter

Urbanexplorer 2006

im hearin it man, lets get it done!

holy shitttt!!!!!

the site is baccckkkkkkk!!!!!!

im sooooo effin excited...

now lets doooooo itttt!!! woooo
"Just what you need when youre down in the dumps, one half hillbilly, one half PUNK"

August 02, 2008, 12:40:23 PM #174 Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 12:42:11 PM by dudemcrude
Quote from: abercr0mb5 on October 10, 2006, 09:54:19 PM
i went to the ladd again the other day and then today...my friend and i heard alot of banging coming from inside fogarty and also in the childrens hospital...we decided to jump in through the window in the childrens hospital when the banging got alot louder and closer...we ran away a few feet and looked back and there was a head sticking out of the window, i screamed but just stood there thinking maybe he was just checking it out like we were he kept looking at us and climbed out of the window, leaned back in and pulled out a few huge duffel bags and ran in the opposite direction, never saying anything to us even though i yelled to him a few times...he was oviously homeless and living there. We were then wayyy to sketched out to go in and decided to check out the other buildings, we walked around riverfield then decided to go back to the car when we saw a gray car parked outside the childrens hospital with the trunk open, we ducked so they wouldnt see us and wathced as 4 guys who looked to be carrying alot of stuff came out the window and got intot he car and left, it was really weird...

It's not that weird, really.  Teenagers break in to party and destroy, UEers find a way in to satiate their desire to explore, and drug addicts and other thieves break in to steal metal (especially copper) and other salvagables left behind.  That's what these guys (and probably the 'homeless' guy with the duffel bags) were probably doing.

I was just at Paul Dever the other day.  A security guard buzzed right by me as soon as I came in and told me I could stay if I put my camera away and stopped taking pictures.  He also mentioned copper thieves ransacking the place (no surprise), and I noticed one of the buildings was full of computers and TVs and shit.  I'm surprised nobody has pillaged that building yet.

I went to the Ladd today around noon just to check things out since it had been awhile.  There is a DOOR down on the connecting peice between Fogarty and the Children's Hospital, also 3 open windows on Howe and a basement window on Newport up by the Job Corps.  We are planning on going possibly Sunday night since the door is much easy access than the 2 previous times we've been in. 

What is the current condition of Ladd Scool?  Did the Job Corps renovate some of the buildings, and is the building closest to the Veterans Cemetery in use?  If anyone has some info, that would be great.
Saving history one photo at a time.

No ones posted about Ladd in a while huh?  i went there last week and went into a couple of the buildings.  There fogerty building is definetly cool. i explored all the floors and roof but hesitated to venture into the basement due to the amount of water and lack of light. There isnt much left in the hospital but i got a ton of great pics. The view from the roof is amazing.  I really want to go into the old hospital, i think its called Green, but i cant figure how to get into it seeing as how its free standing and right across from the rehab place.  its also pretty secure because thats the building those two kids found the bottle of acid in and hurt themselves.  Anybody been in any of the other buildings???????  i want to go into them all before it gets demolished.  I love Ladd scool its really creepy there.

April 08, 2009, 10:21:55 PM #178 Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 07:35:30 PM by Otto MCR
Nevermind.

Otto, your friend is crazy. lol

Not safe to explore alone.
I hide in the shadows and babble about old things.  I appear to most new members of IB.  I might beat you with my cane.

http://adventureswithmeg.weebly.com
http://meganmcgory.smugmug.com
http://meganmcgory.com