Ever been too.....

Started by Claims to beboostay, March 09, 2004, 08:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
was wondering....anyone ever been to Pennhurst State School in Spring city, Pa.? im planning a Philly excursion again this weekend and had a few questions about the place.... ie security etc..... Thanks!

I recommend not parking anywhere near of around the grounds. Walking from town is your best bet. Also, Do not drive on the property.. The gate can be locked at any time with your car being stuck on the grounds. The only way out is to call the Spring City police. I did alot of research on Pennhurst. Most of the people who get busted and fined park on the grounds or near or around the gate.  Stay away from the miltary side and the va and there should be no problem.

Happy exploring....

~lynn  

QuoteThe only way out is to call the Spring City police.
~lynn
Or a good pair of boltcutters.  :ph43r:  
Don't worry, if you die....We'll make it.

Thats true too.  lol  I forgot to mention  that if the Miltary Security see your car.. They will wait for you to go back to it. Then proceed to call the cops. I perfer to walk over a mile and not worry about the what if's.

Have a great day & Happy Exploring...

~lynn  

March 10, 2004, 09:01:44 PM #4 Last Edit: March 10, 2004, 09:06:04 PM by boostay
oh id never park on any property, i prefer to walk in.......lol that is like rule # 1..... ive been reading  about it for almost a year now  so im thinking of checking it out.... is time before its gone like byberry will be .....now if the weather holds out..and work hey skully wanna take me up on that date?   ;)  hmmm or maybe dakiel   :ph43r:

maybe not a date but We are always looking for models for our booth at the 2005 Bondcon in Las Vegas.  :D  
Don't worry, if you die....We'll make it.

hmmmmm and what kind of modeling would that entail....... :blink:  

well i went to pennhurst and you must get your info from a cereal box, because there are no gates and no security. i had no trouble and met a bunch of nice guys that i talk to on the internet. i wont divulge their names because i like to keep some things private. anyhow, hi dakiel!!! hope ya had a nice weekend, i know i did and it isnt over yet!! :D  

I don't know how you got in but there are gates at all the entrances, except near the VA. They may have been opened. The gates are those V shaped ones.  They were added after the fire last March. Yes, there are miltary security. Who knows but I know they are usually there especially since the miltary uses the buildings on top of the hill off to the left.  And they have miltary vehicles stored on the premises. There are buildings in use. The VA did use the dining hall where the buildings are located on the bottom of the hill.  Thats the building where there is still electricity. Anyways.. The buildings the miltary still uses are...

1. Capital
2. Auditoruim
3. Pershing
4. Buchanan
5. Keystone

Thanks and have a great day...

~lynn

Well i dont know, i did not see any gates, but then i dont infiltrate on main roads either. as for the buildings in use? if you did your research then you know what part is being used, and just stear clear of it. and thats all i got to say on this subject.  :blink: