Author Topic: Do you believe or not?  (Read 17338 times)

Offline metalwitch

• InsaneKarma: +0/-0
Do you believe or not?
« on: November 07, 2004, 09:02:09 PM »

Offline MovingUnit

• Trusted Member
  • Contributor
    • Fallout UE
Do you believe or not?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2004, 10:22:04 PM »
Hmmm...

When it comes to things like this, I guess you could call me open-minded, yet a little skeptic at the same time.  On explorations to a couple locations, I have seen, heard, and felt things that I can't rationally explain, yet I don't go to places expecting or looking for anything paranormal, if you want to call it that.  I don't go ghost hunting.  I explore simply for the sake of exploring (and taking pictures).

For example, if someone came to me and said, "hey you want to go to this abandoned so-and-so where ten people were brutally murndered?  Its supposed to be haunted."  I would reply something like, "Abandoned?  Cool, I can take some nice pics and look around."

You'll have to forgive me if this makes no sense haha I'm a little tipsy from celebrating my birthday.

Now while I say I don't go ghost hunting or anything like that, I do enjoy reading up on ghosts and the like.  I would like to believe there's something else out there, something that science can't explain yet.

I dunno, what does everyone else think?

Offline metalwitch

Do you believe or not?
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2004, 10:39:17 PM »

You'll have to forgive me if this makes no sense haha I'm a little tipsy from celebrating my birthday.

:D
Happy Birthday!!!

Offline Photohunter

• Trusted Member
  • InsaneKarma: +1/-0
    • http://www.insanebunkers.com
Do you believe or not?
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2004, 11:23:47 PM »
Yes, Happy birthday.
Abandoned locations can hide but they can't run

Offline Rally19

• Contributor
    • http://
Do you believe or not?
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2004, 12:47:43 AM »
I've also heard/experianced things i cant explain at Dever, but i never really think much about it, and i dont go there expecting to have those things happen

Offline Photohunter

• Trusted Member
Do you believe or not?
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2004, 08:35:12 AM »
I believe.

I have had some interesting experiences in my life that cannot be explained.

Just last week my wife and I clearly heard in the house "Shhhhhh, Shut your trap"
We asked each other if we had heard that and we both did.
We have not spoken about it since.

My wife and I lived in a different place and I was traveling on business. My wife woke up and saw an old woman standing over the bead. She flipped out, turned on all the lights, and I don't think she slept until I got home.
A couple of months later while eating dinner at the landlords house my wife recognized the old woman in a photograph and it was his dead mother.

Offline skully

• A bunker
  • Administrator
  • InsaneKarma: +11/-1
    • InsaneBunkers
Do you believe or not?
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2004, 08:42:55 AM »
PH- That's some frightening stuff.

Rally- Dever is right inside the "Bridgewater Triangle" according to the above website. http://members.aol.com/soccorro64/bt.htm

Explore, Archive, Share

Offline metalwitch

Do you believe or not?
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2004, 11:04:44 AM »
PH- That's some frightening stuff.

Rally- Dever is right inside the "Bridgewater Triangle" according to the above website. http://members.aol.com/soccorro64/bt.htm

Oh thanks Skully, have been looking for that link for another message board!
You rock!

Offline Rally19

• Contributor
Do you believe or not?
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2004, 06:49:38 PM »
Freakiest experiance i've had at dever was with a buddy steve, we were in the morgue i was showing him the certain items in there then he tells me to be quiet for a minute.  We both stop talking and moving so its completely silent, then i hear it, foot steps, either above us or outside.  Our friends were with us, but at the water tower a good 1/4 mile away.  We thought it was security so we made our way out side with the flash light off.  But security was no where to be found and there were no lights see in the building on the floors above, so who knows what it could have been.

Offline MovingUnit

• Trusted Member
  • Contributor
    • Fallout UE
Do you believe or not?
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2004, 11:52:48 PM »
PH and Rally, that's really damn freaky stuff there.  I've got a story to share as well.

Back in '99 on one of my first explorations, a buddy of mine and I were at an asylum in MA.  We were in a small two-story building on the property. It was mid-day, and we had entered on the second floor by means of an old fire escape. We were in there for about ten minutes, just sitting on the floor, reading old medical records and taking pictures, when from the staircase in the next room came the sounds of somebody quickly and loudly running up the stairs at us from the first floor. It was LOUD; the rooms in this building were cavernous and empty, so the footsteps echoed and reverberated throughout the whole building. Thinking a crazy hobo knife attack or something, we pretty much ran out of the place, tripping over each other in panic, and practically jumped the fire escape. Once outside, and in the safety of my car, we gained back our composure (my hands were shaking so bad at this point; I'm the fairly nervous type lol), and watched the fire escape to see if anyone came out. After about ten minutes of waiting, we decided to go back in. I took the lead back up the fire escape and when we got back inside, we searched every nook and cranny on the second floor to see if we could find the source of the sounds; there was nothing, nobody. So we decided to see what the first floor looked like and took the staircase down where the sounds had come from. About midway down, in the landing between the first and second floorand where the boarded up front door was, we stopped for a second, and immediatly, the same loud crashing footsteps we heard earlier came again, only this time COMING DOWN THE STAIRS AT US FROM THE SECOND FLOOR, where we had just been and there had been nobody else up there. I panicked, and seeing the only way to escape was the boarded-up front door, I flung my body at it and broke through, escaping into the sunlight.   I must have looked pretty funny; I think I yelled "Oh shit" and screamed like a ten year old girl, and the sight of a 6'3", 140lb guy flinging his body at a bunch of two-inch thick boards must have been a hilarious sight.

A few months later at this same place I made friends with a couple of the security guards and they used to tell us stories about how every once in a while a car would drive onto the property, they'd follow it, and it would suddenly disappear around a corner and just be GONE, as in vanished.  The first few times it happened they'd drive around the whole property and find no trace of it until they got used to it.  Each time it was the same car too, a white Lincoln Continental with MA plates.

Offline skully

• A bunker
  • Administrator
  • InsaneKarma: +11/-1
    • InsaneBunkers
Do you believe or not?
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2004, 06:52:48 AM »
Whoa, some good stories.
Explore, Archive, Share

Offline Photohunter

• Trusted Member
Do you believe or not?
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2004, 07:12:25 AM »
Cool shit guys.
It has to make you wonder when so many people have some kind of story.
Stories are hard to dispute when there is more than one person involved.

Offline military nut

• Trusted Member
  • Contributor
  • InsaneKarma: +2/-0
Do you believe or not?
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2004, 07:37:49 AM »
in all the years ive lived in this area (all within the triangle), my whole life, i have never seen anything that i couldnt explain or even strange for that matter. im also of the mind set that i do not believe in the paranormal. ive seen many things that the mind can create and believe that most of what people see is actually created and inhanced by their mind.  im not calling anyone a liar or crazy, but i have yet to see anything strange in my 38 years that cant be explained away.  but i also believe to see thesethings your mind has to be open to the possibility. ive seen many tortured souls over my years all do to their minds and brains not functioning properly. i believe that 90 percent of what people see is also what they want to see, if your mind is open to paranormal possibilitys you will want to believe what you are seeing is real and not a figment or some other explanation.

nut
history is always eroding

Offline Photohunter

• Trusted Member
Do you believe or not?
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2004, 06:14:26 PM »
in all the years ive lived in this area i have never seen anything that i couldnt explain or even strange for that matter.

How about now?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 10:07:08 PM by skully »

Offline military nut

• Trusted Member
  • Contributor
  • InsaneKarma: +2/-0
Do you believe or not?
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2004, 07:49:05 PM »
lmao andrew lol easily explained, thats slade for sure
history is always eroding

Offline Photohunter

• Trusted Member
Do you believe or not?
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2004, 08:30:42 PM »
You many have explained it but now you can't deny having seen something strange. :D  

Offline Rally19

• Contributor
Do you believe or not?
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2004, 12:10:38 AM »
Slade is the one on the cover right?  :D  

Offline metalwitch

Do you believe or not?
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2004, 11:06:45 AM »
:lol:  

Offline donnabhain

• InsaneKarma: +7/-25
Do you believe or not?
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2004, 03:18:35 PM »
This BS makes for good campfire stories to scare the little girls, but really .. you'd have to be a gullible, feebleminded idiot to believe some spook was running up and down stairs to scare you away from a building that hundreds of other people have most likely been in with no trouble . . It's more plausible that invisible aliens were running around than "ghosts" . . I'd be more afraid of bums or animals and would probably run like a scared schoolgirl if I heard loud noises too . . but I wouldn't make pretend it was supernatural when there are plenty of other rational reasons.

Offline MovingUnit

• Trusted Member
  • Contributor
    • Fallout UE
Do you believe or not?
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2004, 10:41:36 PM »
1.)  I never said it was ghosts, aliens with rectal probes, Bigfoot, or your mom running up and down the stairs.  I merely said there were footsteps and I never saw a person connected to those footsteps.  I'm not a 100 percent true believer in all things supernatural, just open-minded and willing to accept the possibility that along with a rational explation for some things, maybe there's something we can't explain yet.

2.)  Please refrain from the name calling.  I do not appreciate being called a gullible, feeble-minded idiot.

3.)  *Looks up*  That's a pretty high horse you're riding there.  It must be great having the ability to know everything.

4.)  Have a nice day.

Offline metalwitch

Do you believe or not?
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2004, 11:47:26 AM »
This BS makes for good campfire stories to scare the little girls, but really .. you'd have to be a gullible, feebleminded idiot to believe some spook was running up and down stairs to scare you away from a building that hundreds of other people have most likely been in with no trouble . . It's more plausible that invisible aliens were running around than "ghosts" . . I'd be more afraid of bums or animals and would probably run like a scared schoolgirl if I heard loud noises too . . but I wouldn't make pretend it was supernatural when there are plenty of other rational reasons.
Don't you have amateurish site that you can go play on?
Or do I have to keep signing that guest book with the truth about you that you keep eerasing??

OH and BTW--some guest has it in for you.
Check out the very informative post to you in the SLADE'S RANTS forum!!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2004, 11:49:58 AM by metalwitch »

Offline donnabhain

Do you believe or not?
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2004, 11:32:03 PM »
I never claimed to know everything, only that there is absolutely no chance that spooks cause noises in abandoned old buildings, there are a million reasons for various noises, none of which include one drop of supernatural ectoplasm.

pray tell, empathic witch, since my site is so amateurish, how can I sign up for something better, like your mypages ? Just what I'd expect from an emotional girl . . petty attacks on things which have nothing to do with the discussion at hand. If you're gullible enough to believe all that new age BS (if you even really believe it, or just like calling yourself a "witch" for attention) I suppose you're gullible enough to believe anything!

Offline metalwitch

Do you believe or not?
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2004, 12:28:16 PM »
I just love it when people judge something they know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT IT!

OH and you you have claimed to know everything.
How about those messages you have erased from from your web page that Photohunter and I have written.
The truth.
How about the paranormal forum you have on your site.
You claimed that ghosts are natural, but you you say that there is absolutely no way that they cause the noises.

I never implied nothing of my space. That is my site and if you don't like it don't look at it.
I'm glad that you included the link to it, because I must thank u.
Have gotten more friends because of it.

OH an also for you sticking your nose in on the hospitals thread about the mental health issuses.
You have no clue what youa re talking about.
MilitaryNut and I have both worked with mental patients.

So before you attack me about my petty attacks, go back and read where you stuck your nose in on something you know nothing about!

Also I am not the only  INSANE BUNKER on here to have a myspace page.
Spacemonkey AND Boostay also have one!

Emotional girl I think not!
If YOU have a problem I suggest taking it up with Dakiel and Skully, the admin of this board.
Am pretty sure they don't have a problem with me.

To quote Spacemonkey--" Looks up- that is a pretty high horse you are riding there.
Must be great to know everything."

When I grow up I want to be just like you.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2004, 12:29:34 PM by metalwitch »

Offline Photohunter

• Trusted Member
Do you believe or not?
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2004, 07:36:47 PM »
Why bother responding MW. The world came together and crushed the nazis. That way of thinking is a joke at this point. It didn't survive then and it will not survive now. It is sad what some people will do for attention.

Offline PaExplorations

• Contributor
    • PaExplorations
Do you believe or not?
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2004, 02:40:28 AM »
Ok i just have to put my 2 cents in on this one...first off, everyone has beliefs, some  the same some different, and bashing someone for their beliefs is very high school, rude, and just plain fucking uncalled for.  if you dont agree with what anyone here has to say that is your right and you know opinions are like assholes, we all have them, but bashing someone and calling names, well grow the fuck up you know?  we are all freinds here and i for one do not come here to deal with bullshit, there are plenty of other forums if you want to bash people and act like you are better than someone else. i dont care if your college educated or living on the street, we are all human beings and no one has the right to look down on someone else for the way they choose to live thier life or for what they believe in . If your looking to continue doing that  i wish you would do it elsewhere. and as for my space..its a great place to meet like minded people, freinds and yes even potential boyfriends/ girlfriends. there is nothing wrong with meeting people on the net, i mean it is almost 2005, and just because you choose to do so , doesnt mean you arent able to do it in real life. i have met my best friend through a forum like this and i love him to death and i have met many other very cool people who i would have their back in a minute, some i have not even met in person, but i feel just the same, and i know they would do the same for me...people make choices, and  thats their business , their life, but coming on here and making an ass out of someone just shows what kind of a person you are. a person i dont want shit to do with. nuff said.

Offline donnabhain

Do you believe or not?
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2004, 08:58:12 PM »
Well metalwitch, you emotional girl, seems you're upset that I mentioned your website is on myspace? I'm not knocking myspace, or anyone who uses it . . just bring your attention to the fact that you call my website amatuerish, but you have a website on a free thing that takes no skills whatsoever to make.

So basically . . you have no proof that any of the BS you believe, wicca, ghosts, etc., is real . . while I have reality to back me up. Should I go easy on you just because you're a girl? nah.