Offline skully

• A bunker
  • Administrator
  • InsaneKarma: +11/-1
    • InsaneBunkers
maps
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2004, 08:33:37 PM »
OK, here's where Skully decides to rant.  [/size][/font]

Now I don't want to come off as being a complete asshole,  but WTF.  When I join a forum, I try to come in an say hi, register, poke around a little ,make friends and then MAYBE then ask an outrageous, quick 2-second question like this:
maps or directions to any locations would be great
AND, I may add, in the fucking Techniques forum.  If you took even the slightest bit of time to look over the very few posts here you'd see that the question was asked before and me and Dakiel have already answered this.  

IN ADDITION, you ask for "ANY locations".  If you took the time to look at some of these locations, copy-and-paste these into Google, you'd easily find them.  Do some research.  If you actually went through our site, you'd see that we have posted some locations and even a DETAILED MAP  (see Charlestown Nuclear).  It don't get any easier than this kids.  I prefer us not to be the UE whore on the block.  We enjoy UE, taking the photos, finding the places and meeting new explorers, I care not to put the work into a website and forum to have simply ask
maps or directions to any locations would be great

Well, what would be so fucking "great"?  That you wouldn't have to fucking click through the site?  I don't get it.  Please fill me in.  The floor is yours.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2004, 08:40:16 PM by Skully »
Explore, Archive, Share

Offline curr

• Out of the Closet
  • InsaneKarma: +0/-0
maps
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2004, 10:48:27 AM »
relax bro, take a break from the computer.i dont own a computer, and rarley use one, it took me 20 minutes just to figure out how to post,sorry i didnt put it in the correct catagory.i didnt think i was being a dick.maybe its going to be harder to make friends than i thought. i  explored alot of these spots already and just wanted to know how to get to others.i dont understand how to cut and paste and all that shit/im not trying to be a dick now ,just telling you id rather be on a mission rather than in front of the computer

Offline skully

• A bunker
  • Administrator
    • InsaneBunkers
maps
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2004, 01:36:21 PM »
It has nothing to be with using or being in front of the computer, it has everything to do with asking for something in a broken phase without ever establishing yourself in this community.

How about a simple post, "Hi"? Trust me, I'd welcome you like a lost brother. I have to admit that by any means I'm not trying to be a dreaded UE snob. It's just that some sites are sensitive and some folks just want details on where these sites are without ever doing any legwork.

I apologize if I took my frustration out on you, especially if you are a UE or Internet newbie. I'm just seeing too much of this gimme-info-now mentality out there. It's especially suspect when local publicity about UE (Ladd School) has cast a shadow of suspicion for our hobby.

Explore, Archive, Share

Offline curr

• Out of the Closet
  • InsaneKarma: +0/-0
maps
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2004, 09:45:50 AM »
its cool man, we`ll just start over/i have been to a few new locations thanks to this sight, i just wanted to know how to get to others/i didnt know about cuting and pasting, i`ll have to look into that/ya that really sucks about ladd, we used to go there alot/there are tunnels at norwich state hospital, you can drive a car through them/there connected to the power plant and majority of other buildings/there is also some old frieght trains down on the tracks/my fingures hurt from typing...

Offline skully

• A bunker
  • Administrator
    • InsaneBunkers
maps
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2004, 07:46:02 PM »
we`ll just start over

OK. Sounds cool.
----------------------

Just send me an email at skully@opdl.org and I'll try to help you out. It it's something I can release publicly here, I will.

Explore, Archive, Share