Old Mill....South of Boston

Started by RMotta, September 17, 2004, 12:53:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Very impressive spacemonkey!
You have a good eye for composition.
Any formal training?
Abandoned locations can hide but they can't run

Thank you.

Yeah, I went to RISD and Rhode Island College for photography (never graduated), and I used to be a portrait photographer up until about a month ago for an evil, evil company who shall remain nameless lol.

Do you shoot digital?

When I explore I do.  I use a little lightweight 2 megapixel camera, a Polaroid PDC 2070, which is small and compact, and if I ever want prints, the quality is believe it or not, pretty good (up to a certain size).  

I don't make a lot of money, but I'm saving up and going to start shopping around for a higher end one pretty soon.

Otherwise, I have a couple of old toy cameras handed down from my grandfather that are really fun to play with.

Photography is a very expensive hobby/career.
I've been accumulating equipment over years and I still don't have everything I need.

Yeah, I went to RISD and Rhode Island College for photography (never graduated),
Hell what a small world!

I attended RISD for Jewelry Design 1991-1993, have a certificate.

November 04, 2004, 11:55:31 PM #36 Last Edit: November 04, 2004, 11:58:05 PM by spacemonkey684
Wow, that's really cool...it definitely is a small world.

And I just realized that when you were first at RISD...I was in the fifth grade.  Wow lol.  I was there in 99-2000.

Hey Photohunter, what do you shoot with?  I really like your pictures on the site.

Thanks.
I have and Canon 1-V.
Now that it also comes in ISO 100 Velvia is the only film I use.