medfield state hospital

Started by CarbonCavi, July 06, 2013, 07:44:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
What's the scoop? I'm under the impression you can walk around. Can you drive around too? Seems like a good location for some outside shots.  Won't turn away an open door if I find one. Looking for more 411.

You can walk around but they won't let you drive in. It's a chill spot. Security won't really bother you unless you do something to draw attention to yourself

Shit, wanted to get some shots of the car in front of a building. How's the area where you have to leave your car? Area from google maps looked safe.

Quote from: CarbonCavi on July 07, 2013, 05:54:27 AM
Shit, wanted to get some shots of the car in front of a building. How's the area where you have to leave your car? Area from google maps looked safe.

Let me know next time you head up

Looking at either this Tuesday or next. My only day off. Have to see what the heat does. I can't run AC with the blower I got.

That pic above looks perfect with what I want to do background wise

Quote from: stevie on July 09, 2013, 07:53:21 AM
I've been meaning to head back there too . . . .

Do it! Lol I spent most of last weekend there just chilling.

Will see how this Tuesday looks. Probably be ushing it back another week honestly.

DCAM just sealed six buildings yesterday at Medfield. FYI.

I was all set to go yesterday, filled up the car, bought 8 monsters, and just got way to hot and drove home. lol.

One of these weeks when it cools down.... I hope.

Southshore is right sadly :( Fuck DCAM

Quote from: sewerRat21 on July 19, 2013, 09:35:08 AM

Meh, everyones got a job to do

Quote from: southshore on July 23, 2013, 07:03:24 PM
Quote from: sewerRat21 on July 19, 2013, 09:35:08 AM

Meh, everyones got a job to do

Haha it's true. Keeps the mind sharp.

leaving to head up there now. Schedule freed up unexpectedly. If anyones interested in meeting me up there lmk!

Shit dude good luck-enjoy that nice fall weather, hahaha

Was hotter than balls. Walked around for a few hours. Was a bunch of state workers all over the place mowing etc.

Nice place though. Wish ct had done this with NSH.

It's only ten miles from the speed shop I bring my car to in hopedale.

Took some pics. Nothing special. A few buildings really intrigued me. Church, and what looked like a big cafeteria or something. Anyone got inside pics

WOW, I grew up listening to stories about the place, my mother was a head nurse in one of the psychiatric wards in 69/70. Being accosted by patients was a fairly typical experience. I recall she had one serious encounter with a patient, whom after she left went on and killed one of the doctors!!

Norton?  No shit!  I just moved from there!  Wow thats crazy about the patient, what did he do to your mother?

Quote from: Chief on September 18, 2013, 09:13:55 PM
Norton?  No shit!  I just moved from there!  Wow thats crazy about the patient, what did he do to your mother?

He tried to strangle her.

Norton has a couple interesting little sites., right where you get off 495 on the Wheaton College exit Route 123, there looks to be an abandoned house along with a couple other structures and a 2nd smaller house  on 154 Pine Street. VERY sparsely populated by other homes, so it might be possible to get in and take a look.

Damn well glad she got out of there OK.  I lived on West Main St/123, I know Pine St too, It was the last leg on my long runs.  I just remember it being a super long sucky straightaway till I got up to Wheaton College and then took a left.

Carbon- I'll make a MSH set soon and link it here.

sounds good. went here again last week. Was nice since this trip wasn't 200 degrees outside.

Brought the wife. She liked it. security talked to us for like an hour. guess they don't get to talk to people too often.