Rocky Point Question

Started by Robertson, June 26, 2006, 10:43:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey there everybody,

I'm working on a photography project and would like to get some pictures of the main entrance of Rocky Point. Now I know there's signs saying you can't go INTO the park, but is access to the main "Rocky Point" sign on public land? I'd rather not get into any sticky situations. I see from photographs and aerial maps that it appears to be on a pull off, or at least off the main road. Do you think I would be given grief if I was just photographing the sign?

Any info would be great!

Thanks!

i think youll be fine rocky points main entrance is on a public road
When you go looking for ghosts in these places be sure to be a ghost leave no clues to your existence and dissapear into thin air!!!!

Urbanexplorer 2006

The entrance to Rocky Point is located at the end of a residential road so I don't think you'll have any problems photographing it.

Quote from: Laura670 on June 26, 2006, 11:35:45 PM
The entrance to Rocky Point is located at the end of a residential road so I don't think you'll have any problems photographing it.

none at all- it's a very quiet and sparsely populated area.  You'll have no trouble at all.  if you want some more good shots, there's a seminary nearby.  aND further down the beach, a ruined chapel.
Don't waive your rights with your flags.
-Sage Francis

Can you give more info about the seminary and ruined chapel? Same town as rocky point?

As for rocky point, most of the people during the day seem to be at work and theres a bar close by to leave your car if you dont want to leave it out in front.

Quote from: urbanexploringwitch on June 29, 2006, 06:00:44 PM
Can you give more info about the seminary and ruined chapel? Same town as rocky point?

As for rocky point, most of the people during the day seem to be at work and theres a bar close by to leave your car if you dont want to leave it out in front.

The seminary is on Warwick Neck ave same as rocky point park- it's a shame it came down because there was a semi abandoned neighborhood (Rocky Beach) in the woods near there as well.  If you were going down Warwick Neck ave, the entrance to the seminary is an iron gated entrance- no signs really to indicate what it is, but it is on the left about a quarter of a mile before the rocky point gate.  As for the chapel, it's only accessible via the beach.  it would be in a south-easterly direction.  Next time I'm in Warwick (which will probably be this weekend) I'll head out there and get the coordinates from my GPS and map it out for ya.  There's not a whole lot left of it and it's very much tagged.  Sadly old ozzy/satan tags nothing really interesting at all.  Nonetheless it's a cool site, but again, it's really a shell of itself and only a partial one at that.  Although I believe there may be an abandoned building on the seminary grounds.  Be careful though, Warwick cops are pr*cks.  B*ll-busters, all of em.
-Sage Francis

psst hey can ya hear me? cops cant swim hint hint :ph34r:
When you go looking for ghosts in these places be sure to be a ghost leave no clues to your existence and dissapear into thin air!!!!

Urbanexplorer 2006

Quote from: urbanexplorer on June 29, 2006, 09:02:45 PM
psst hey can ya hear me? cops cant swim hint hint :ph34r:

lol but what if the fishermen get us??  ;)
-Sage Francis

in this situation i prefer to use the time tested method of monty pythons fish slap dance ^_^

Urbanexplorer 2006

Quote from: urbanexplorer on June 29, 2006, 11:01:00 PM
in this situation i prefer to use the time tested method of monty pythons fish slap dance ^_^

ah yes, a bold strategy, whereas I might have tried to develop my own silly walk to divert them.
-Sage Francis

Quote from: elpresidente on June 29, 2006, 06:33:09 PM

The seminary is on Warwick Neck ave same as rocky point park- it's a shame it came down because there was a semi abandoned neighborhood (Rocky Beach) in the woods near there as well.  If you were going down Warwick Neck ave, the entrance to the seminary is an iron gated entrance- no signs really to indicate what it is, but it is on the left about a quarter of a mile before the rocky point gate.  As for the chapel, it's only accessible via the beach.  it would be in a south-easterly direction.  Next time I'm in Warwick (which will probably be this weekend) I'll head out there and get the coordinates from my GPS and map it out for ya.  There's not a whole lot left of it and it's very much tagged.  Sadly old ozzy/satan tags nothing really interesting at all.  Nonetheless it's a cool site, but again, it's really a shell of itself and only a partial one at that.  Although I believe there may be an abandoned building on the seminary grounds.  Be careful though, Warwick cops are pr*cks.  B*ll-busters, all of em.

The chapel is on the beach that runs behind Rocky point? I am not from that area, so i am unsure of the name of the beach.

Quote from: urbanexploringwitch on July 01, 2006, 01:28:18 AM
Quote from: elpresidente on June 29, 2006, 06:33:09 PM

The chapel is on the beach that runs behind Rocky point? I am not from that area, so i am unsure of the name of the beach.

It is.  I don't know that it has a name, but I do know that it's only accessible by heading down the beach.  I'll see if I can pin it down on a map.
-Sage Francis

ok.  I'm replying to myself which looks totally lame.  lol

anyway check this link- I apologize- I feel like a moron- I could not figure out how to add a pin to the map.  ANyway that derelect structure in the middle of the map right on the water- south of the remains of rocky point park is what's left of that chapel as far as I can tell.

http://www.google.com/maphp?hl=en&q=&ie=UTF8&ll=41.684239,-71.37219&spn=0.001346,0.002516&t=h&om=1

hopefully that is a little more helpful- it is S of rocky point park and east of the tea house lane cul-de-sac.
-Sage Francis

Sorry it took me so long to reply, I had to have surgery. Thanks for the info, I might go looking around there soon, definately will eventually tho :)

im going to RP on thursday. Im aware of the heightened security. does not phase me at all. i come prepared :-)

Next time I go...

I'll probably have to hangglide or parachute in or some shit.  hahaha.  Row in on a boat :)
I hide in the shadows and babble about old things.  I appear to most new members of IB.  I might beat you with my cane.

http://adventureswithmeg.weebly.com
http://meganmcgory.smugmug.com
http://meganmcgory.com