Author Topic: Fort Greble  (Read 8547 times)

Offline BadDreams1436

• Out of the Closet
  • InsaneKarma: +1/-1
Fort Greble
« on: August 07, 2012, 08:33:00 PM »
Hello there i wanted to plan a trip by kayak to fort Greble out on Narraganset bay ....short trip but I'm  bit of a newbie I have an extra kayak wondered if anyone is up for the trip.

http://www.fortwiki.com/Fort_Greble_%282%29
I don't have to run faster than them..I only need to run faster than YOU!!!!!!!!!

Offline BadDreams1436

• Out of the Closet
Re: Fort Greble
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 10:48:10 AM »
Thanks I know it is closed but did not know it was a $200 fine it has been closed for about 12 years makes sense the paths are over grown . Did you apply bug spry? I get a very high deet percentage spy I plan on hosing off with it
I don't have to run faster than them..I only need to run faster than YOU!!!!!!!!!

Offline BadDreams1436

• Out of the Closet
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 03:25:59 PM »
guess where i went this morning?

Offline Kurt

• PlymouthCountyHospital
  • Trusted Member
  • InsaneKarma: +39/-11
  • life is not a waiting room.
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 08:10:33 PM »
very cool! i love the archways!

Offline donnabhain

• InsaneKarma: +7/-25
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 05:17:12 PM »
It is beautiful. I kayaked out there last year. it is "off limits" but the chances of getting nabbed are minimal. Did you scare up any deer? watch out for the cisterns, they look easy to fall into from pics I've seen but i didnt go check 'em out

Offline BadDreams1436

• Out of the Closet
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 06:03:45 PM »
I thoroughly enjoyed my day out on the island but only saw from the main battery north to the barracks ...I need to go back and explore the southern part of the island . I never saw the cisterns I don't think I went west enough on the island ....the brush was epic made moving around very difficult . I think the deer scared me more than I scared it. Lol

Offline donnabhain

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2012, 01:14:02 PM »
the brush was epic

Sure was even when I was there lol and deer rubs everywhere. gonna be around in a couple weeks? i'll be passing through, we should make another trip out there :P

Offline BadDreams1436

• Out of the Closet
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2012, 02:36:41 PM »
I tried to email you not sure if it got to you but when your going to be around the area let me know maybe we can head out there again

Offline donnabhain

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2012, 02:23:27 PM »
Didn't get it :( Sorry! Just got back down to dixieland, but I'll be back up north in the spring if you wanna plan a field trip!