Dever State School - July 2012

Started by Onionswithnos, July 25, 2012, 10:03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_1l-Ro9aKg

Video and Pictures I took this past week.

I don't know if this information is on here, but the buildings near the entrance now house the 911 System and some other EMS related facilities. I spoke with one of the employee's there, he told me the Taunton Police Department cruises through Dever every now and then, but he rarely see's them. I also spoke with a security guard, he said their only responsibility is the 911 and EMS buildings, if you trespass on or take pictures of that leased property you're in some trouble, but the rest of the facility is kind of like no mans land. The guard also told me there are state run group homes somewhere back there?

There's quite a bit of construction (demolition) going on at the rear of the facility. As I've never been there before I can't say for sure if they're bulldozing old buildings, or just doing something on the back of the place. But it looks like they're getting ready to demolish the whole shebang for some project or other.

All in all, I spent about two to three hours wandering around, both in my vehicle and on foot, and no one bothered me. I only took exteriors because I didn't feel like entering any of the buildings.

Either way, hope you like the video. And my advice? Go in the day, let the guys up front know what you're doing, and I don't think anyone will bother you. It doesn't look like Dever is going to be around much longer.

they actually only have one 1 building slated for demolition at the moment, and you are correct it is at the back of campus. there are a number of active group homes located on the site mostly on the front, which is why there is still a security presence there.

The abandoned side of PADSS is a trashed mess, it's extremely vandalized, security was always real lazy here when they had more power over the campus. go back and explore it, go in one building and take the tunnels to the next, and so on. this is like the easiest location ever. you can park your car in front of whichever building you wanna go into.

i didnt get a chance to watch the video till now, thats a pretty cool ridealong. thanks for sharing

great video. i still dont know how or why i havnt gone here yet